PS3: Zeoinx arrives on to the PS3!!!!

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by Zeoinx, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

Hi guys, just picked up a ps3 with my tax return so im posting this from the in system browser,still need to make a gamer online account I think so I'll post when I figure it out, oh yea I still have my X-box 360 so I still will be down for playing on there as well.

Ok, now im on my PC, im doing some system update on the PS3, and just thought of some questions to ask, I know you can download custom backgrounds to your PS3 for your "dashboard" screen, so I was wondering how exactly I go about doing that. Do I need a USB Flash Drive or something, or can this connect directly to my PC like the 360, and if so, How do I set up that link. Any other helpful hints you would be willing to give would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.........

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

I did make a pseudo-official TOG console consortium theme (because I was bored and wanted to know how to) - have a look at this post.

You can install a new theme downloaded on a PC by copying it to a USB stick if you want, I find that's the most convenient way. But if you're into browsing the 'net from your PS3, you can do that too. Just download the theme file (.p3t).

I know PureMongrel is using this theme on his super-mega-upsize-me-f*ck-off-huge home theatre PS3, and I have it as mine on my relatively-normal-size TVas well. I know a couple of the other TOG PS3ers downloaded it also.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  3. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

PSN GT : Zeoinx

Toss me some F Requests ppl, I dont wish to venture off into the scary world of playstation 3 without at least one friend!!! lol

4. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Retired Captain

And now the room finally has a name.

I think I will get a sign of this made up (with kudos to Cadder) and hang it on the door. :D

Cadder likes this.
  5. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

LOL! or "The SMUMFOHHT Room" for short ;)

Z: will add you next time I'm Online.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
    Pure Mongrel likes this.
  6. Spunkmeyer

Spunkmeyer Getting Started

Welcome to the Dark Side Z! I'll send you a friend invite as soon as I'm done with my BS homework.

Quite a mouthful there Cadder, but it adequately describes it. :D

On a semi-related tangent, looking back at the theme thread, I'm not sure I've ever seen backgrounds 4 or 5 ever come up. Has anyone else had similar experiences with the TOG theme?

7. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

*looks for a set of dark trooper armor, a Tie Defender, and a Red bladed lightsaber* hmmm somehow I think I am missing something..........

8. StefanieTN

StefanieTN Just Joined

I'm new to TOG, but I've had a PS3 since the console's launch. What games do you plan to get for your PS3?

9. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

Right now I have both Little Big Planet Titles, and I will prob pick up Killzone series too, as it kinda interests me. Not sure what else I wanna get yet though.

Also, welcome to TOG

10. StefanieTN

StefanieTN Just Joined

I don't know your tastes, but I highly recommend Demon's Souls for anyone who has a PS3. It's a shame that it isn't available for both consoles, but its successor, Dark Souls, will be.

11. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

I heard about Demon Souls, but I wont get it now because the servers are being shut down. Or At least that was the last thing I read about it.

12. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

The servers for the US & Euro versions were supposed to be shut down almost a year ago, but weren't. They said they'd support it until March 2011 so we'll see what happens next I guess. Plays fine offline too.

You can always get the Chinese or Korean versions anyway, they're both in full english just not as well translated as the western releases. There's no plans to take down the Asian servers. Originally no western release was planned so I bought it from Hong Kong for a ridiculous amount (like $120) but it was worth every cent. Amazing game.

That and the Uncharted games are definitely my favourite PS3 exclusive titles.

13. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

Yea, one of my friends has Uncharted 2, might pick it up to play co-op with her

14. StefanieTN

StefanieTN Just Joined

Nope, that's just a rumor that keeps coming back up every six months or so. All three servers (Asia, America, Europe) are still active. When it does eventually happen, SCE, Atlus, and Namco Bandai will officially announce when they intend to shut down their respective servers.

Besides, even offline, it's a great game and worth playing solo. Whatever version you decide to get, I'll be glad to co-op with you, assuming that we're online at the same time. Currently, I'm UTC−05:00 (daylight saving).

I have all three versions, but I paid regular price for my Asian (Chinese) version. Maybe that's because I bought it in early 2009. However, I did pay extra for the limited editions of the Atlus and Namco Bandai versions, with all of the extras.

15. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

Was playing the Killzone 3 Single Player Demo, somehow those controls are hard to make my brain wrap around them. Hopefully I can gain some form of comfort with them, but so far this venture into the PS3 is hard work lol.

How I miss the easy of the 360 lol

16. zetadeltar

zetadeltar Getting Started

i play using the move sharpshooter gun