Xsyon Anyone?

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Ripp Savage, Feb 9, 2011.

1. neofit

neofit Active Member

OK, I'm in, downloading as I type. Total noob of course, do I contact you in-game for more info about that 702 plot?

Thanks.

Edit: oh, just noticed something in the installer: you are on the European server, aren't you? :D

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  2. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

There's only one actual game server, but 2 sites for the patcher server. My ingame toons are togsloffe and MrsSloffe. Kiwi's toon is drifter and crispi is thalasar. We're not always on at the same time.
    In chat use /w toonname to speak to us directly. The local chat only covers your grid and the 8 surrounding grids.
    Also d/l the manual and read the character creation chapter, it tells you how the skill point allocation affects your chosen professions. Lastly don't be afraid to reroll your character as the starting recipes can vary to some extent. Blades and axes are good weapon choices to start with as they are also used as tools. Lastly beware of PKers near the starting zones, If they kill you they can take everything you have. Have fun :)
    Almost forgot will neofit be your ingame name as well?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  3. neofit

neofit Active Member

Thanks for the hints. The nick will be "neofit" unless some evil person stole it already. Also, since we are about 12 hours apart and I still have about 4 hours to go in this work day, I suppose we won't be able to meet today.

4. neofit

neofit Active Member

I ran to 700 and tried to reach 702 from there. The climb is so steep that I wonder why would one go to 701 and further to 702? If it takes an hour to go from there to the nearest neighbour to the plains to trade or anything, nobody will do it.

5. neofit

neofit Active Member

Settled down in the plains, in the middle of a junk pile.

Bearshark Ranch, 700, 85x93

6. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

Went to your totem neofit got some nice trees in a reasonable distance could not leave tools for you.I am usually on for about an hr or so round the time we were chating,clocks go back this weekend so not sure how the time will compute:).

People go over the mountains as once the mist retreats it most likely be the place to set up.That is why I am looking around.I would really like access to sand and trees though.Had a good look round last night ,got ganked a few times today when I was on way back very nice of them got back to my totem.Just lost the clothes Thalsar made for me.

Can't help with the project Thalsar unless you are on won't let me add stuff.If you like I can put in stuff that friend bin just let me know what you would like.

Going to login now for approx 4hrs.Logged into TS as well shown as afk just send a tell if anyone wants to talk.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  7. Crispimeat

Crispimeat Active Member

Tried to get on this afternoon and could not get past the loading screen :(

8. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

Sand is about the only thing i haven't found so far in 703. If you need clothes i have plenty of leather gear at my camp at 740.

9. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

I've setup teamspeak now so i'll catch you guys there sometime.

10. kiwiitis

I got Drifter not far from you Sloffe Z703,792,263.Took me so long to get there I decided to make another a/c.Char Drifter_Jnr and he has set up camp just a little way from the original.Most likely I will not spend too much time on Drifter he is there for quick picking when the mist clears:):)

11. neofit

neofit Active Member

You bought a second account for $40? And why is Drifter not good?

12. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

Yeah i'm an altoholic, I can't have just one account :) . I presume you're talking about drifters alignment neofit?

13. neofit

neofit Active Member

I'm an altoholic too, but I am not paying $40 then $15/month for an alt.

As for kiwiitis, he apparently bought a second account too (I have not found a way to create a second character in the game), and was not planning on playing Drifter anymore, so I was wondering why this toon wasn't good anymore. As in "good to play with", not good-aligned.

As for me, I find it very surprising that people are buying not one, but two accounts for Xsyon. I myself am quite bored already. This game is like a tech demo for Wurm Online. If I wanted to fight people I'd play a ton of other games that do this much better. If I wanted a survival/building game, there is Wurm that has a game world that makes much more sense and has many more things to do.

14. kiwiitis

Hiya neofit I just wanted to have the option of a char nr the mist for when it lifts,gives me the best of both worlds.I find it very hard to operate 2 chars at once in this game so I am going to share time between chars.Best of both worlds,gaming is my only vice so no worries re payment :):)

Got Drifter to meet jnr and make friends thought I had made all baskets public a lot Jnr can't open though.:(

15. neofit

neofit Active Member

And what's so important about the mist?

16. Ves

Ves Active Member

It's currently what prevents players from exploring further then the area not covered with mist.

17. kiwiitis

What Ves said neofit once the mist lifts more exploring and goodies :)

Back to basics I made a terrible mistake with Jnr thinking basket recipe would be easy I took arch.I have got basketry to 60 and not 1 bag recipe:(:(

I am desperate to get 20 baskets traded from some one.Anybody nr 700/740 I can meet I would be eternally gratefull.Tried bringing Drifter back but hasn't been able to make it yet.

All those lovely baskets around I can't touch.

I know I should of made the baskets while Drifter was in the area :(:(

HELP PLEASE......I am now over the river opp you guys.

18. MMOGAddict

MMOGAddict Well-Known Member

BTW if you guys ever need a larger home, let me know I'm out with Audacian - The Audacian Republic

We're in 904 near the ruins of Carson City.

19. kiwiitis

Hiya MMOGAdict thanks for the offer.At present I am toddling along trying as much as I can.If I am ever in that area I will give you a call.

20. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

Kiwi I presume you mean you need to trade the baskets so you can set permissions?
    Btw Mrs sloffe over the river is a basketmaker as well as a fair tailor, leather and toolmaker if you need any thing in 703.