Xsyon Anyone?

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Ripp Savage, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

it's ok i can start collecting the materials for you. The only basket i have permission to open atm is the one with the fabric and a piece of leather in it so i'll use that. You can show me where you'd like the tent by leaving a small log in the middle of position you want it. Oh and crispi when i've finished kiwi's I can make one for you if you like.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  2. Crispimeat

Crispimeat Active Member

That would be great Sloffe i should be on again tomorrow arv around the same time I messaged you in game today, :D anyway will send a message and see if you are logged on.

3. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

Ok its a Detumu Chiefs Tent. Material requirements are:
    8 twine (grass or cloth)
    14 Wood stakes
    8 Leather tarps (4 pces leather per tarp)
    28 long wood poles
    12 cloth tarps (48 pcs cloth)
    The poles have to be made of the same wood. one long log gives you 6 long wood studs from which you get 6 long wood poles. Depending on failure rates it could take as many as 12 long logs.
    The cloth tarps are the real bitch, you need to have the same colour and type of material to make them, i.e. white cotton cloth for example. I ended up collecting 4 bins of material making mine. I can make everything from the raw materials for you although I left my shears with my alt so if you have a spare pair i'd be grateful.

4. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

I think it could be a good idea to make a post each of things that we lack or can provide to each other and fill in those gaps. As I mentioned above I only have one pair of shears to share between my 2 toons, I also lack a paddle + bucket, and a pick. I have a fair number of tool recipes now, also a large range of rubicon tailoring recipes and a few leather ones. I also have a bin half full of weapon parts including a pickaxe head, pruning saws, bats, weights and other assorted sundries. Maybe we could also start a list of locations for things like chalk, sand, obsidian etc. I'll update this list when I get a chance.

5. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

O.k Sloffe I did not have time to set permissions will do as soon as I get back on I will make a few more baskets.There are tools in the bag to left facing cliff.Going to replace my totem first,then replace various items.

6. Crispimeat

Crispimeat Active Member

Can make you some Shears if you need them, any other tools you need just let me know. :D

7. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

OK after the mystery of the 28 missing long poles we managed to finish the tent for Kiwi. Crispi if you give me the coordinates of your homestead i'll head over to you next. In the meantime i'll continue collecting materials here at Kiwis. There's already 30 white polyester cloth here which should make 2/3 of the cloth tarps.

8. kiwiitis

I been collecting quite a bit today.I've put 3 lots of 20 in the finished bin can't remember the kind.Still puzzled about those logs.Sloffe leave Drifter's camp with river on left keep to the flat and Crispi is next homestead(Down under).

What do you do with the scraps I am keeping as much as I can,not too hard to sort after following your initial setup Sloffe.Same with scavenged goods I am always reluctant to throw stuff away :)

9. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

I gained 10 levels in tailoring turning cloth scraps > thread > string > twine. That was just from making your tent and gathering enough for crispi's. Other than that I don't think there's much use for the scraps. I'd set aside one basket to hold scraps, thread, string and twine and use all the smaller piles of scrap first to make room. I'd keep the scavenged goods, you never know what recipes you'll turn up next.

10. kiwiitis

Another slow 1.5 gig download.

So I posted this on the forums

"Wanted someone to design a campground setup.
    Fees to be negotiated.

Site can be viewed at Z700,207,920.A lot of river on the way so possible to swim most of the way Regards Drifter.

Coming soon"Drifter's Camping Ground"

www.theoldergamers.com"

11. Crispimeat

Crispimeat Active Member

I'm hoping to find a stone wall recipe but don't know if anyone has even found one of them.

12. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

Hi kiwi, could you do me a favour next time you're on? I put 2 pouches down a couple of days ago near where the branches are stacked next to the cliff. For some reason now i can't pick them up as i don't have permission. Can you see if you can access them? Most of my tools are in them unfortuanately. thanks

13. Ves

Ves Active Member

I've been keeping an eye on the game for the last week or so. Very interesting concept but heavily doubting due to the server issue and lack of some content. Similar to what I encountered in Mortal Online.

I'm still reading the forum every day to get an idea how things are going

14. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

Never mind Kiwi, I sorted it out. Just had to bring my alt over to change the permissions on the pouches.

15. kiwiitis

OK hope I have not upset the cart as I have changed all permissions from friend to tribe except for a couple of baskets that I can't set permissions .

I now have masonry to 51 and architect to 41 and only received 1 recipe for arch which was a wall so still more to do to try and get some building patterns :(

btw believe there are no more masonry patterns anyway,but with so few logs and wood have to keep at masonry to be able to build stone and limestons structures.

16. neofit

neofit Active Member

I am rather interested in Xsyon. If it's anything like Wurm then I'm in. But then it appears that the game is FFA PvP with full loot. Any problems with that?

17. kiwiitis

Hi Ves and neofit.
    I am in a bit of a quandry here as I do not like to reccomend games.This one is very different to most as not much in game yet.Have not played Wurm.The game at present suits my play style doing a bit of everything.I have been scavenging,collecting granite,sand,limestone to buid stone structures to knock down and rebuild etc.etc.

You can be killed anywhere but in your homestead/tribe,bags can be set to private so can't be looted(at present).In approx 12 hrs of play over the weekend I only saw 1 other person and 1 animal which I was able to kill and bone.

Sorry this probably won't help much just keep following the forums not the best places to get constructive info:)

BTW once safe zones are removed from homestead/tribe in ALL areas I will not resubscribe.I need some safe zones to operate my campground:)

Any Togger welcome(conditions apply:):))

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  18. neofit

neofit Active Member

Do you have a "village" or whatever they are called in Xsyon, I mean a shared place you work together on, or do you all work separately, each on your own "camp"?

This is pure insanity. I have already played a game that had both PvP and assets that stay in the game world when you log off. It was a web game that wasn't filtered by our office firewall. And I couldn't work properly, ICQ alerts all the time, all day long, people using timezone differences to get an advantage. I don't want that kind of stress anymore.

19. kiwiitis

Actually neofit we have seperate homesteads at present.Mine is at Z700,207,920 accessible from Tallac.Reasonably safe to get to as you can swim most of the way.
    Crispimeat is on the river just before you get to me.Sloffe unfortunately i've lost his coordinates but from memory he is in zone740 NE of me.

Sloffe homestead Heavenly
    Crispimeat homestead Downunder
    kiwi's hoestead drifter's Campground.

As for me I am definitely going to shift slightly as I want to make use of the river instead of the slope on mountain side.Having said that I am going exploring to see if I can find a nice spot with more trees,having to haul all my stuff puts me off .Could always make another character but then I lose all my skills nasty.Decisions,decisions :):)

Go here for a nice map BarterTown

20. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

I have 2 homesteads now (2 accounts) one in 740 and the other in 703 bordering the green mist over the mountains to the SE. If anybody is interested I found a site in the mountains in 702 (bottom centre of grid) that has its own junkpile and no neighbours. Heaps of trees and not too far from the nearby river. The new hi-def map actually shows you where the junkpiles are though they're easily mistakable for lakes. Just watch out for the bears they're a bit peckish :)