Xsyon Anyone?

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Ripp Savage, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Ripp Savage

Ripp Savage Active Member

This sandbox game looks very interesting and I was wondering if anyone was planning on trying it out. The Tribe (guild) aspect of Xsyon would make having a large group of TOGers a lot of fun.

Xsyon Features
    YouTube Vids/Tuts

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains

that looks quite interesting, I might check it out.

3. Ripp Savage

I think I'm going to have to myself, it looks ridiculous. I've been looking for a good sandbox for years and this one looks insane. After reading up on it and watching those vids, I think I'm gonna have to drop my $40 to get in on the 14th. Maybe we can stir some interest here, I'd love to see a TOG Tribe up and running at launch.

4. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

I'm downloading the game right now. Everything I've read so far in various forums has been fairly positive (which is quite unusual for an online game ;) ).

5. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

I've been checking this out since the prelude was first advertised.

Something about it just does not click with me.Not sure I can put my finger on it maybe it's going to be too time consuming{travel),everything seems too clean eg scavenging and then items usable straight away,no derelic buildings broken vehicles etc.So many identical waterfalls.

As I said hard to put my finger on it,however I will be giving it a try.

6. Ripp Savage

I'm reading the same, people are getting hooked. Have you tried it yet? What are your thoughts?

7. Ripp Savage

Ok so, I decided to take the plunge with Voustant. Perhaps we'll see a few of you guys in game sometime.

The start date for early purchasers has been changed to Feb. 18th because of Valentine's Day and they also wanted it on a Friday.

8. kiwiitis

Some very nice guides at this link for those interested.

Prelude Talk.

Just read that they are going to create another server (Europe) Sad in my opinion.

9. Ripp Savage

There won't be any new servers until they're needed, I agree it wouldn't be a good thing. Have you found a Tribe yet? I joined up with Hopi, good bunch of people. They're mostly old timers like us. :)

10. kiwiitis

I have been looking at tribes unfortunately Hopi looks as if it may not be for me.

Hopefully the DEV will allow something for solo's as I have a nice little spot I would like to settle in.If I do have to join a tribe it would most likely be something like the "Nomads"

11. kiwiitis

Not a good start :(

Update February 19

Hello everyone!

In order to validate that the bandwidth bottleneck is the cause of all the lag, I shut down our download server for a few minutes and the lag completely subsided. That's good news!

We're working on a few major issues:

The server freezes. These definitely surfaced because of the lag, but they point to problems in the code that need to be fixed. Before yesterday we didn't have any server lockups for 2 months (with the exception of some guide commands that were used with incorrect parameters). We're examining all the server logs. This takes time but we'll keep on it until it's resolved.

Data corruption. This was caused by the server freezing up during the save process. We have a redundant saving process partially implemented. It will be finished this week and this should keep additional backups in case a save process is interrupted in the future. For those that will say why didn't we implement this before... good question. I should have thought of this system before, but I didn't. I'm not perfect. ;-)

Tribe exploits. These also surfaced because of the lag. Thanks to the exploiters that sent me full reports on this I am working to completely block these from happening again. If anyone was able to place an actual Tribe with one player, I need to know the exact details. Please report this directly to bugs@notorious-games.com.

There is a lot of speculation about what could have been done to prevent this. I did try to get our bandwidth upgraded and servers moved two weeks ago, but as various options were offered, changed and delayed, we ended up stuck with the current configuration.

Ultimately it's my responsiblity so here's what we're going to do:

We're going to need to wipe because of the data loss and multiple totems. I apologize, but that's the best solution.
    The wipe will happen when the upgraded servers / server location is ready.

I've backed up the database and if possible we will restore tribes to their current locations. I will post details about how we will deal with this when I'm positive that we can. Any tribes / homesteads placed after this announcement will not be restored, so if you are joining us now, check out any enjoy the game and plan to situate yourself after the next wipe.

All players will get two weeks additional free play time. Effectively that makes March 15th our 'official launch' start. The actual start and final wipe will be as soon as possible once we have the new servers set up.

Again, I apologize for this rough start. We'll get over this bump soon!
    End quote

I managed to place a tribal homestead unfortunately it is only a small area and going to be hard to manage with all the running around.

Would be nice if we could get 5 tog interested to be able to form a tribe.Then again need the 5 to be online at the same time rather awkward.
    I have joined "Nomads of Xsyon"

Didn't get the name I wanted with all the hooha so will change it on the reset :):)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  12. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

Sadly my HDD corrupted and i lost heaps of files so i'm in the process of buying and installing a new one. Should be up and running by next weekend. Hopefully :(

13. Ripp Savage

You guys are our allies in-game (Hopi). :)

14. Starstryder

Starstryder Getting Started

Oooh I came here in search of others interested in this game. It caught my attention this morning and wow it is really grabbing me in a big way. Honest opinions though? Is it worth it? I know fun is subjective but does feel fun? Do you find yourself anticipating logging in to do things or explore?

Thanks for any input! :)

15. kiwiitis

I am enjoying the game.In my opinion it is worth 40$ for 2 months play.I have a homestead at Z 699,446,601 named pacifist you are quite welcome to come and have a look as is anyone else playing.Game name for now scarf I've made so many chars stuck for ideas don't want to use my proposed final name.

I have joined the Nomads for now,could end up being too big for me as I like small. :(

16. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

Finally got up and running for 3 days before the wipe is due this week. Loved what i've seen so far. This is like nothing i've played before but I always hoped someone would make something like this. Have absolutely no idea what i'm doing really but still enjoying it (nearly died of thirst the first day :) ). Crafting is a huge part of the game with everthing being made by the players. Don't know if I'll join a tribe at this point as i'm having fun as a "rugged individualist". My online name will be togsloffe and I will be putting most of my early development into toolmaking, fishing and running (Damn pesky bears :) ). Hope to see you when the servers start up again.

17. kiwiitis

Hi Sloffe nice to know you are enjoying the game.I am still considering staying with the Nomads as I really enjoyed having my little homestead and hoping in time I would get that basket recipe:).We will be starting in Tallac.Can't say where they will be setting up as it is a secret :(.I will try and get in touch when we are setting up and come over and see where you are.

Don't know about you but I am all for the safe area at your homestead/tribe.

If I do decide to go alone most likely be.Woodcraft.Fishing,Terraforming.Pre O tool Massacre as I believe you can use it for the logging skill?

18. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

Just fired up my new toon and actually started him in tallac as well. I managed to get online for about 2 min before the server went down. I'm gonna use my time today to scout around the area. I was having a look at the nomads web site earlier and I may join up with them if I decide to join a tribe, I like their philosophy.

19. kiwiitis

Managed to get online and make my character.Got a server shutdown so hope he stays.

Character name is Taurangi which is Maori for Nomad,Wanderer,Drifter.

20. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

Found a few nice spots SE of tallac, there are heaps of junkpiles in grids 699,700 and 740 and lots of waterways and rockfaces. There's a new higher definition map available now which make navigating a lot easier.The junkpiles actually match up pretty closely with the town of south tahoe which makes sense.