Xbox One TOG Raiding

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Mixzawa, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

2. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

i am but i need armour and struggling to get ranks

3. fireh

fireh Getting Started

I'm interested, but may be too low level. I game casually. :)

4. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

I'm playing my Titan recently. The fact we have no Titan listed is what's motivating me to try and gear him up ATM.

I'm torn between levelling him and getting my Warlock leveled, though that may happen anyway when the Strange Coin vendor turns up this weekend.

5. Binary-Ninja

how many coins you got hastarin :) i just blew all my 25 mote with speaker on a cloak for hunter ...

6. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

I've got 15 strange coins waiting so far (I still need to do the weekly). I got his armband from the Vanguard vendor (it's got flames on it and IMO looks better than the stuff the speaker sells).

I spent 7 light motes on an emblem for my Warlock. I haven't seen any that I want for my Titan, so may save for a dress, I mean cloth, for him from the speaker.

7. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

Cleared weekly strike last night with aDzDoom and a new incoming member soon. If you need help later let me know. I am going to spam Vanguard Tiger strikes tonight after my 12 hour shift to get my next purple vanguard item. RNG is not nice to me so I have to use vendors for my legendary/exotic gear.

On other news we will try to attempt our first raid on XB1this Saturday but looking for inputs on times unless the one I posted is good for everyone. Check it out all and hope to see you all then.

8. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Sadly I have a working bee at my folks this weekend so can't join a raid this weekend. I may yet need help. It's that final bit with Phogoth that was doing us in.

9. Topfuel

Topfuel Well-Known Member

I just hit lvl 20 last night on my Titan I will try my best to get some nice gear.

Hastarin I dont know how you grouped with me the other night but it made that last bit of that story mission easy, unfortunatly I couldnt respond I need a headset.

Im looking at getting a nice wireless Xboxone compatible headset so if anyone has suggestions please let me know.

10. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

The way you can join a players session is using the friend app on XB1 outside the game. YOu will select the player then pick join gaming session.

As of now there is no way to do this ingame and you can only invite to fireteam. I had a few Toggers join my gaming session and took me a bit to figure out how they did that. :p

11. Binary-Ninja

okay got my stuff well all except head gear and had to do it on crucible

12. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

No worries. I thought all Ones came with the normal headset? I got the XBox One stereo headset. I keep meaning to see if I can get an adapter for my X41 but the XBox One Stereo one works well enough I haven't made it a priority.

You don't actually have to go to the Friends app itself.

If folks are on your friends list they will appear in the roster. You can then click Details (A) and View Gamercard, from there you can Join them.

13. Gwinny

Gwinny Getting Started

I hope the raid went well! I am curious how you guys did. I couldn't find anyone for the weekly heroic, so with a bit of patience I was able to finish it solo. So I had enough coins to get my exotic arm ... And can also continue on with my exotic bounty. With that said my lock is now half through 26 so she is raid worthy for the future :)

GT: Lokatelly

14. Hydrus

Hydrus Active Member

I am up for raiding. I just got my Titan to lvl 20 and have so more gear but nothing worth mentioning

15. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

We found out you NEED 6 people that are well geared, and co-ordinated, just to get through the front door. We had to pick a random 6th and it just didn't work. We'll get there. A mix of classes won't hurt either. I think we had 5 Warlocks and 1 Hunter. :p

I'll probably level up my Titan (just hit 24) at some stage to help balance it a bit.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  16. Binary-Ninja

I had no idea what we even had to do just running around like crazy .. Destiny instructions we very poor to say the least ... even gaming site write ups saying exactly the same thing

Kotaku - Destiny's Raid Doesn't Take That Long, If You Know What To Do

VG 24/7 - Finally some details of Destiny’s six-player raids

17. Gwinny

Gwinny Getting Started

At least you guys gave it a shot, would have loved to help ... But 6am EDT on a weekend, is a bit early for me. I don't even get up that early for work on a regular day :). Maybe with enough people leveling we can get a few groups going eventually ...

18. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Only just listed for me at level 22 but say's impossible as a mission parameter which basically means go away and grow some.

I think you will need full exotic or full legendary for a start. Well co-ordinated team through voice chat.

I have never found an exotic yet only rares so buying my legendary stuff will take some time. Not to mention leveling it.