Wurm Online.

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Justin Kace, Sep 3, 2011.

1. neofit

neofit Active Member

Hey,

Anyone still playing? I got the itch, logged in for a few minutes, and wow... everything is so beautiful! The visual and sound environments are dragging me back. I see Serendipity Bay is still doing strong! I don' have the heart to start a whole settlement alone this time, I hope I can hook up with someone.

2. BigJackLeduc

BigJackLeduc Just Joined

im playing on independance, out in the great steppe, also on epic in desertion as well

3. Mormi

Mormi Retired Captain

I've just poked my nose in and have managed to get myself totally lost when the game logged me in at a different spot to where I had logged out.

The game seems to be pretty good though.

4. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

Hi Mormi long time how you keeping?Sorry can't help you left Wurm a while ago and back to playing Mortal.

5. Leafgreen

Leafgreen Getting Started

Still playing of course. SW corner of Independence, I own one of the islands there and converting part of the other one into a massive market. Was a CM but recently gave it up since it seriously cut into my playing time, among other boss related reasons. =)

Contact in-game with Leaf. Can always set people up with horses, seeds, cotton, meals, etc - everything a noob needs. =)

6. Mormi

Mormi Retired Captain

This game certainly has a steep learning curve that reminds me a lot of Eve. Its been good so far, have built my first house and slowly working on exploring and trying to build combat skills near guards where I can call help

7. BigJackLeduc

BigJackLeduc Just Joined

freedom servers definatly skill slow, i have a place in the steppe i been working on for a few months and that toon ive been playing for close to 5 months and my toon i took to epic a month ago is almost as skilled as he is, one thing i like about epic more is there seems to be more active people grouping up to work together

8. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Hi guys,

sorry, lost track of this thread - only recovered it today...

I'm still playing on Deliverance, in the southeast corner (yes, the old TOG peninsula ;)). A few of the old TOGers are still here. Let's find a way to meet in-game.

See you soon
    Yaga

9. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Since our first days (2 years ago) the look and feel of this game has greatly improved. We have better graphics, nice creature and player models, multi-storey buildings and a lot of other things. Watch this movie and have a look at all the creatures that you can meet in Wurm Online:

Wurm Online: Yaga's Bestiary - YouTube

10. BigJackLeduc

BigJackLeduc Just Joined

how is everyone in wurm these days, im planning on going off adventuring soon, might come visit sum toggers, if you post area and locations ill add it to my trip, im in the grand steppe in independance right in the middle to the west of the grass is always greener, wall says jawa gate house. ratmaster is usually on or biggjack is my vynoran priest.

11. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Dunegard and Haven, SE Deliverance (39x, 37y on the community map).

12. Leafgreen

Still have a place on Independence, nobody living there atm but great for learning the game or crafting - all resources, tools, beds, animals, etc.

And have a nice shiny place on Chaos that could use some more people. =)

13. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Nice to see that you're still around, Leaf! How's it going on Independence? Becoming very quiet, right? ;)

14. BigJackLeduc

BigJackLeduc Just Joined

Hello, yaga im on deli over on west coast. 3x 20y. Been roaming about deli, lastnight I seemed to find 9 plus hardened croc's by puzzles place, they didnt seem to pleased with me lol,if you see ratmaster in local. Its me

15. Leafgreen

Indy is boring, Chaos is the place to be. =)

Traps! Lockpicking! Uttacha! Hate meditation path!

And most importantly massive amounts of land free for the taking. I think our new place is about 150x150 + with 3 separate ring walls sitting on top of high dirt walls. We even have quite the steppe inside our walls for easy hunting, and hidden forests. Lava pools next to the main entrance and while we can look past our dominion and see an enemy deed, the enemy does not even scout us -we are much too powerful.

I do not miss griefing and enclosure/perimeter spats with the neighbor deed 3 tiles away, having to worry about if doing x will break a rule. And the kingdoms work very well together for supplying any gear needed, high ql.

Building a fortess is fun. Having others scared of it and not daring to attack it is more fun. =)

16. BigJackLeduc

BigJackLeduc Just Joined

Exodus

Ive migrated to exodus. Anyone over there :eek:

17. z4Ld0

z4Ld0 Just Joined

Hi I'm 30, from Turkey and I registered for wurm online. I want to play a MMORPG Sand Box game with ppl like me and I have some questions.

Graphics doesn't look so good nor so bad but how is the gameplay? Did you get bored easily or do you always find something to deal with? Can you enlighten me a little please?

18. Comicus

Comicus Getting Started

It's been a few years and I'm picking this up again. Looks like they've made a lot of progress since I was last in Wurm (looked closer to minecraft in those days). I don't see much happening in our forums, so I'm going to try and see what's going on in Chaos judging by recent posts.

In game is Comicus.

Edit: Well, after 20 minutes on Chaos I was ganked by another player in what apparently was a PvP zone right outside the spawn point. Took everything I had as starter equipment, so now I can't even dig a hole or scratch my ass. Not sure I'll be continuing on this one.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  19. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

That's why I don't play on a PVP server. Experiences like that would ruin the game for me. Ganking and random pk were the main reason me and my friends stopped playing Mortal Online. Fortunately Wurm has a large variety of non-pvp servers.

20. Comicus

Comicus Getting Started

That's the really frustrating part: this was listed as a PvE from what I could gather, it just has a PvP "zone" within it for something called Hunt of the Ancients. Now that I know, I'll just try and go to another server and be sure to try and lock my things up quickly within a tent until more established.