Wurm Online.

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Justin Kace, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Justin & Sil,
    this is an excellent idea! It really is a pity to see that attractive and well-developed spot on the eastern shore lie idle. The rest of our "Serendipity community" would be happy to see it coming to life again!

It's 31x39 tiles and it has an iron mine.

Hehe - a good question! After that infamous patch several weeks ago a troll lair appeared not too far from the place and we were literally flooded with alert trolls (aged, old and even champions). As this was a real nuisance the alliance voted whether we should destroy the lair or leave it as it was. Only a minority voted for keeping those friendly fellows, so ... let's put it this way: the lair mysteriously disappeared ... somehow :)

So, the answer is: No. This part of the peninsula lies quiet and peaceful at the moment.

S. Bay is part of the "Serendipity Alliance", which has 13 member settlements at the moment (8 active players; one of them is Naerneath=Kyoshiro, who is also active here in this thread). I recommend to take a look at our alliance forum, created by Justin:

Serendipity Bay • Index page

Think about it - it's an attractive offer. You're very welcome to join our friendly little community!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. Sil Foundation

Sil Foundation Getting Started

Glad to hear about the trolls!

That's a HUGE deed, however! According to the deed calc (see attached png) it's almost 11 silver a month.

Is it ok if I consider it while I wait for my armour and weapons? I REALLY want to move there regardless (and show off my rare cog :D ), but 11s sounds like a lot.

Iron mine makes me happy too :) any idea on the highest ql in there? I can mine out 56ql at the moment, but I'm looking to improve that as my smithing increases slowly.

Speaking of which, I'll have a bunch (as in about 50) of needles ql'd up to about 40 once I settle down if anyone wants one they're welcome to it, just pop by and say hi.

Attached Files:

3. Justin Kace

Justin Kace Retired Captain

31x39! Wow I guess I did end up extending it into that rather large perimeter I created. :p

Well, I'm logging on now to check the state of things...

And honestly, even while inactive I have kept the deed up, so I'll continue to contribute to the upkeep. And I don't expect any this to give me the right to dictate any direction on the development of the deed, certainly not while I'm inactive. I'm a pretty reasonable and realistic guy and I wont be putting any demands out there at all. As I said, I'd just rather it didn't go to waste. :)

4. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Ah - I might have made a mistake there! I think the data I had refer to the actual size of the deed (width x length), while the deed upkeep refers to half of it. So, if I am right, the data for the tool should be: 15 x 19.

Well, better check for yourself once you're here :)

5. Sil Foundation

You know what, I've been reading the serendipity bay forums and I really, really want to be a part of that community. Count me in. I've got enough coin to pay for a few months of upkeep at least, and buy some dirt, crops, meat, whatever else might be needed to make the place a thriving hub and when the funds getting low I'll take a step back and re-evaluate - although to be honest I don't see myself leaving wurm any time soon.

Would it be acceptable to you if I allowed people to set up their own merchants to sell their goods (unless of course you're already doing it, in which case there's little need for me to do anything about it)? While I'm not looking to make a hub like ETP on Exodus, you are conveniently located for both land and sea traders/customers and an influx of coin into the local economy would be nice I'm sure :)

If you don't like the idea, just say and I'll scrap it, after all it is your home!

6. Sil Foundation

:eek: thats nothing in upkeep (see attached)! I could pay the next two years of upkeep and be fine (although desperately broke!!).

Anyway, I'll have a look when I arrive. I don't think I really care about the cost at this point, I just want to come and play with you folks.

Boo.. no one in the TS channel.

Attached Files:

7. Justin Kace

Ok, here is the real deal. Straight from the Settlement Token info:

29 x 39 (total).
    21 Perimeter.
    1 guard.
    33s 98c 27i in the coffers.
    monthly cost: 5s 18c 20i.
    Upkeep enough for 183 days.

Sil, it was always a plan of mine to set up a place for merchants at the bottom of the main road (by the guard tower) and then have the main drag extend out into the sea as a docks.

You can see my original thoughts on the development here (Serendipity Bay • View topic - Finally... A pic of the plan!)... But as I said, if I pass the deed over I'm not attaching conditions. Creative direction belongs entirely to the new owner. ;)

8. Sil Foundation

Much <3, Justin.

I'm in. I'm SO in :)

I'm glad we've got similar thoughts on the merchants. I'm a fan of having a highly functional dock as well. Although totally inexperienced with earth moving, I'm keen to learn on the job.

I'm tempted to to tell my smiths to just CoD me everything and head up now, although that'd cost a minor fortune. ETP at least shouldn't be too much longer with the armour - I think I wont bother waiting for the maul from Zerobyte if it takes longer than the armour, he can just CoD it. I'm chomping at the bit to get up there and get involved.

//edit for addition:
    While I'm blabbering, what can anyone tell me about switching servers? Is it as simple as just sailing up? I've read there's sharks and things on the way or I might get thrown out of my boat at the border crossing (and left behind as it runs away being pushed by whatever winds are blowing).

9. Justin Kace

Haha awesome man!! :D

Yep, switching servers is as simple as sailing across the boundaries. I have heard tales of shark that will knock you clean off a small boat (scary thought) but I have never experienced that myself.

10. Sil Foundation

Oh that's fine then, I'm not piloting a small boat, all my junk wouldn't fit!

I ran it aground earlier today and it took me an hour to unload it, drag it and repack everything inside while nervously looking around hoping no one would come along and pinch something.

//edit:
    As a side note, Kiwi if you're still visiting this thread, when you return come join us all on deli, I'll even come pick you up if you like :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  11. Sil Foundation

A a side note, has your trader been junked again? I'm not sure exactly how to correct for these things if you can teach me how to fix it up so it'll start getting an income again.

12. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

Hi Sil glad you getting fixed up nicely,I will certainly come over there if I ever log back in :)Too many RL decisions at the moment to even concentrate on any game.

13. Justin Kace

I did take a quick look at the trader and she had a slew of crap on her, but that doesn't mean she is outta cash. I didn't try selling anything to her and she is closed off, but I'm not sure who has access to the new warehouse. I think Kyo has the deed for it.

14. Sil Foundation

I had access to that building on my alt, Solarim, before I was invited to the alliance (thanks to Tekari!). So anyone has access right now.

Also, there needs to be a tile between the trader and the wall to stop people accessing it through the wall. I tested it out today after reading about it a few weeks back. A fence around that corner would solve the issue, and a lock on the door would solve the strangers coming and going.

I've attached a diagram of how you'd need to place the fence. It'll be a bit ugly, but unfortunately necessary seeing as trader's can't be moved (very annoying, that). The alternative is fencing in the building for a more well-rounded look but a bit more hard work.

That is, if it matters at all lol.

I don't mind doing the fencing, I doubt it'd take much effort, but it'll still be a few days til I move Kaloth up that way.

I also look forward to you coming back when things have settled down, Kiwi :) It'll be good to have you around again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  15. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

I don't quite understand. Did you found a settlement already? 'Cause I thought only settlements could be invited to an alliance...

Or are you the mayor of S. Bay now? In that case an invitation shouldn't have been necessary, because S. Bay already is a member. Questions, questions.....

Anyway - even though I still don't seem to understand this alliance thing (and I think I should, being the mayor of its capital ;) ) - welcome to the alliance!

----
    EDIT: And maybe we should move any further discussion on settlement and alliance issues to the Serendipity Forum, so that everybody is able to participate.

16. Sil Foundation

Sorry, poor turn of phrase.

Tekari invited my alt, Solarim, to one of his deeds so I could chat in Alliance chat.

17. Sil Foundation

18. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Here are some new nice screenshots I'd like to share with you:

[​IMG]
    Latest winter impressions: Eyrie with new street lamps

[​IMG]
    The long and winding road...

[​IMG]
    Sandycove is becoming a really nice place (remember the previous deed, Alexandria...)

[​IMG]
    and... well... a little surprise for good old Yaga yesterday :(
    (Lesson learned: an aged fierce huge spider can still kill me...)

19. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

When natural instincts fail you...

Here is one more: a face-to-face encounter of my horse and a champion croc (click to enlarge):

[​IMG]

20. Xiled

Xiled Just Joined

Not sure who all is playing this game, but I've been playing it on and off for quite some time. I have a deed on Exodus, well, 10 to be exact, but who's counting right? Anyways, fun game, good community, and cures my gaming ADD for the most part =)