Wurm Online.

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Justin Kace, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Sil Foundation

Sil Foundation Getting Started

I've just started playing Wurm (deliverance server) after getting sick of the themepark state of most MMOs out there at the moment (and I was so excited about swtor two months ago.. sigh).

Am I able to join the settlement over at Serendipity? I'd like to be able to put down roots somewhere and potter around with my rather new character in a place with people I know I can trust.

Also, thanks for that link, kiwiitis, I've found it to be rather useful in guiding my early steps.

2. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

Nobody on Deliverance by the look of it you are welcome to come and join me and Crispi on Exodus.I am just going to bed be on in about 10hrs.I quite prepared to answer any ?'s you may have.

3. Crispimeat

Crispimeat Active Member

Yeah I moved to Kiwi's place pretty good too :D he has a water taxi as well

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  4. Sil Foundation

Thanks for the invite. I think I'll take you up on your offer, it sounds like you've got a nice corner of the world all to yourselves!

I've no idea how/if I can move a character across servers, so I'll just be making a new one - not that I'm losing much - just 10 digging and some other bits that came along with that. Name's Kaloth. Can you give me directions to your place (and you can reference the Exodus map if you like, while I'm green at Wurm, I'm an expert pathfinder)?

I can jump on TS if it would help, in fact I'm on there right now in the afk channel and will probably just idle there all day so feel free to come on and say hi :)

5. kiwiitis

Hi Sil TS be great if we could use it, even just now and again.What server you on TS I mean:).
    Village is named Port Pineridge and is on SW coast.Travel from Esart towards west coast greenbay Sth Port sea, Rd tranquility,Annex I can pick you up by boat from any of these.If you want to carry on walking not hard just ask in Annex/Etp local for directions.

Sadly I played too long this afternoon and HAVE to do some RL.i will get back on asap.

6. Sil Foundation

I'm on the TOG TS server, 202.125.39.72:9006

As I mentioned, in the AFK lounge at the moment.

I've found you on the map, and I'll start heading to greenbay now (I've no idea how long it'll take from Esert). Is there a way to send you a tell in-game, or is it restricted to whoever is within a certain range?

7. Sil Foundation

Ok, sittin on the dock at Annex now

8. kiwiitis

Be about an hr before I get ingame trying to set up TS and then dinner.

9. Sil Foundation

No worries. I've been foraging and making casserole to try keep starvation at bay, so its kept me busy hehe

10. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Sorry Sil, I didn't see your posting earlier. It really seems I'm the only one left in the southern part of the Serendipity peninsula on Deli - and I am not able to invite you to the S. Bay village anyway. So, if you don't want to be rather lonely, I think your choice to go to Kiwi's place was not a bad one. (Serendipity used to be *the* TOG place on Deli, but everybody seems to have left lately :( )

In addition, I am part of the tiny European minority here, as most of you are living in NZ or AUS. This usually gives me a disadvantage concerning time zones; I use to play when all of you are sleeping and vice versa :)

Well, nevermind - I hope you have a lot of fun, and you're always welcome to visit my part of the Wurm world! Feel free to ask here (or on the official Wurm forum) if you have questions.

Regarding TS: there is also a dedicated Wurm server: 98.158.179.251 (no password). You can have an individual channel for your settlement there.

11. Sil Foundation

Sorry to hear it's so quiet where you are, Yaga :( I hope it picks up for you as I know I'm enjoying myself so far, and it wouldn't be near as much fun if I was the only one around.

I've been truly enjoying myself down at Kiwi's place. He showed me around the property and laid out a few of his plans for the future, even made a cart for me to make it easier carrying stuff around!

12. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Here are some more nice pics I'd like to share with you. While I was taking a walk at night time I thought "Wow - this is a beautiful place!" :) (Click to enlarge.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy,
    Yaga

13. kiwiitis

14. Sil Foundation

Yaga, I'm getting the imageshack 'domain unregistered' error for those images, can you post the links to them instead?

15. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

16. Sil Foundation

Turns out if i don't have an imageshack account I can't view them. Sigh. Thank spamavert.com for my new '****imageshack' username for that site. It seems really quite stupid to require me to log in to view images on a 3rd party site, but since I really wanted to see your pics I had to make one :(

And I'm with you - that place looks so nice!

17. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

That's even stranger, Sil. You should be able to see the images without having an imageshack account - I'm sure everybody was able to view them so far. (I'm using imageshack all the time to host my pics.)

So, there must be some peculiar kind of problem...
    Thanks! It is Eyrie, my village on Deli. :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  18. kiwiitis

Hi Yaga,been following your post re squatter.If the guy sold his character how come he/she could answer a pm?

A bit confused but don't want to post this query on Wurm forums.

19. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Yeah, I was asking myself the same question. However, I think, he sold his in-game character, but kept the forum account. (After all, they are not necessarily connected.) At least that would explain it ;)

20. kiwiitis

Can I help what would you like to know.
    Here is a good starting help may be a bit outdated but still relavent it is what got me through the first 3 weeks.
    What Do I Do - WurmPedia