World of Kung Fu - (Revised with Game Review)

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by Tilce, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

yeah I do like AoE's and DoT's but more so AoE's, because I am a PvE'r.
    If I was mainly focus on PvP it would be less of AoE. . . more into which class does the most direct damage.
    But when I play MMORPG's I PvE, if I want to PvP, then I play FPS, If I want both, I look for a RPG that plays like a FPS.
    I do not like doing PvP on Games that have a Cash Shop , these types tend to be where 70% of PvP depends on the $ $pent, and not on Skill. just so you know, do I think someone that Item malls should have advantage ? .. absolutely I do think they should. I just don't like the idea.

yeah I wanna give ALLODs a try, the biggest thing I have against this game (WoKF) is the resolution settings. I have to reset my Desktop resolution every time I close the game, and that is going to get old fast, I usually do a lot of logging on and off, taking breaks, but if I have to reset the resolution like that too often, , I'll be less and less likely to want to play the Game. Just to avoid that I am playing longer then I would normally
    yeah I too am not sure what is drawing me into the game, it has somethings that I can just not stand but yet I still play, weird :cool:
    I read how to block/ignore someone in chat, but, it does not block them from Shouts :mad:.. and that is what I want them Blocked for LOL, but you just Blacklist them, so it's a pointless feature.

well just a couple more other places to surf the WWW, then into the game I'll go, Hopefully I'll remember to get some screen shots

2. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

I would like to remind others, the game does not support Wide Screen, not in Full Screen mode.

I did a couple screen shots . . but eh . . not what I was going for, so still working on getting some cool looking screen shots.
    I noticed the the screen shots show the game at the resolution settings, and not what I am seeing in Full Screen, Bummer in one way, no way for me to show you what I see . . Not fair . . it's not fair :p

Tilce encouraged me to use the temple, so I gave it a 30 minute try. I can level faster AFK then being active. I am not totally sure how the time you get is earned, if it is just from being online in the game, or some other equation . .I dunno, So I started another account so I could dual log. Well that was a problem at first because I did not reset Fullscreen to Windows mode. after I was done with my lil dual log, I went ahead and restarted game so I can find a good resolution. It's kinda weird, because the resolutions are actually smaller then what my choices were. They seemed to be half of what they said they were.
    Any ways . . in windows mode the game ran smoother for me. and looked better, no stretches anymore .. but sucks, because I didn't buy a bigger monitor to see less but to see more .. since this game does not support widescreen , then it is something I'll have to live with.
    so I started the Fist, and a Broadsword

US West -
    XaatXuun - Bow
    Simsiim - Staff
    ElroyXuun - Fist

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

a couple here showing mining for some materials to craft, also some items are needed for quest

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

Qigong Temple is calculated on time spent in the game (but that is minimal) and leveling. When you level really fast in the first few hours of play you get heaps of points. for instance on my level 15 I had 6 hours - no time spent and got to around lvl 24. On my lvl 48 I had an hour to spend and made 5%. Leveling just on Qigong isn't worth it... and it's only open certain hours of the day to encourage people to play.

I've added some pics in...
    The group one was an event - way higher than my level. A GM lead the group around the map and we had to kill everything he unloaded on us. It was to to get 3x exp for 3 days I think. On my lvl 48 I was fighting lvl 112's and pretty much doing nothing but making smart cracks.

[​IMG]

I have fashion... You create it in the game and it goes kinda over the top of your armour... but you get to choose which one you would like to show.

[​IMG]

Lastly there are some pretty cool mounts around. Again in an event I got this orb that allowed me to get a random mount for 1 day. You could keep pressing the orb and it would keep giving you randoms. eg. I had a huge elephant, a tiger, an eagle and this one. Pretty cool.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  4. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

You are right about PvP on f2p games, it does depend a lot on how much you invest in cash shop items sometimes. Either that or you have to play hardcore and farm for a long time in order to get good equipment. The best system I have seen so far is on games such as Ether Saga Online, where players who use the Cash Shop can trade the items they buy there in game to other players who pay them with in game currency. That system gives everyone the chance to at least obtain some of these items, eventhough it means paying a lot of ingame money for the item shop stuff. So you do have to save up for it, meaning farming a lot too !

I loved the screenies. That mount looks really cool :D

5. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

Almost everything you can buy equipment wise in WOKF can be traded in game like Ether. I do think it brings some balance - but not a total balance.

6. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

that is something I have noticed lately , that any more Item mall items can be traded in-game now days, which is a good thing.

=====

I was toying around a bit because I was having issues with logging in my main play character, so not to get frustrated I went to another server and started a Fan, Spear and a Sword, Now I have played them all at the newb levels.

When I first started the sword, I was like, I think I'll stop here, at lvl 7, then I thought naw, lets try the new skills, just got the swords AoE . . :shock::eek: . O . . M . . .G . . that AoE is Big . . it covers a bigger area, and a full 360 degree, has a 3sec cooldown, no biggie. only problems I had with it was wanting to pick up all the loot, the lil piggy is a bit slow when picking up that much loot, but thats about it, the Sword's AoE is just sweet, if it wasn;t for that, doubt I would have went to lvl 11.
    Spear .. well . . can't say any thing about spear . . spear was too boring for me.

Fan .. now I don't know what they was getting at on the official web page that the fan is hard, but maybe it was something I was able to adapt to . . but I find the Fan easier to use then the Bow.
    And so far, the Bow has been the slowest for me to level up, I think it's because they really don't have an AoE, well they do but it is so week your just asking for trouble if you use it. And another thing .. the Bow is the only Ranged Weapon there, but it hits at the same distance as most Melee skills . . I find that a bit lame. I forgot, but there has only been on class I have played that did not have a Skill at the same range as the Bow.
    after a lil more reading about the Bow, I guess at the git-go the Bow was very OP, and got nerfed . . . and not just a lil nerf but a big one . . more reading shows that the bow starts to get better and matching the other classes after lvl 50. So basically you just have to tough it out till then . . many give up the Bow by or in their 40's, guess that is the worse level for the Bow, but then Bang, when you get the skills avilable in the fifty's, they perk right up .. and start becoming of a use . . till then they just tickle mobs.
    really liking the Fist, using the tips Tilce showed me to level faster, only proble is . . I have now coin, and need to do catch up on some quest so I can get some gear his level.
    as for the AFK leveling, yeah guess it is earned only certain times . . I was watching it while playing the Bow, and it never did raise. then when Istarted the Sword I took a Ss at the start time, again every 10 minutes, till forty minutes, then 70 minutes. it musta been running while I was playing the sword . or it is related to the amount of exp you earn or so many minutes as you level. . no matter but in the first 10 minutes I had over a hour, after 1.5 hoours of playing sword. That was how long i ended up playing him. 4 hours 10 minutes can be used AFK leveling . .Online, 2h 5m offline

7. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

I have a 44 sword... and although they have a great AOE at my lvl the defence sucks... :( so you can aoe but then you need to spam pots to stay alive. I like the fan too :)

You will find on the website somewhere the Qigong times.. I would post it but am trying really hard to get to 50 LOL maybe when I have a tick i will look for it.

8. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

This game had some kinda familiarity to something I had played before, could not quite put my finger on it till just before I went to sleep today, it reminds me of Asheron’s Call 2 , from Turbine, but that game was removed to make room for D&DO, I was bummed when that happen.
    the familiarity is the crafting system . . I could be wrong . . totally wrong, but gathering for mats and how the crafting is done is very similar to each other
    another familiarity is the portal stones in AC2 and WoKF. To me the games are identical, just a different names but the mechanics is very much the same, well of course the maps are totally different, but to me the game mechanics are identical
    been a long while since AC2, so I could just be dreaming :w

9. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

Hmmm, interesting Imfir. I really liked AC2. Might give this a look!

10. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

Yeah wish I could log in to AC2 . .but that has been RiP for a while now no way to really see, but they are both a lot a like. Don’t misquote me tho, they are 2 totally different games (atmosphere), just the game mechanics similarities are simply uniformly parallel with each other.

11. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

Okay, went back to play a little bit on the game, waiting till the 19th, when CBT#4 starts on Allods.

I forgot how to play LOL, also forgot my user name, any ways after I was able to remember it, and log in, and dying a lot, I started recalling how to play the Character, I went back to my Bow toon.. I had not used his AoE for a while, and did use it this time, it does better now, I think I had not used it for quite a while.
    My Bow toon really needs more Def if I plan to solo him, I need to get some of that fashion gear that helps with Stats. migt need to figure how to open a personal shop, I have a few items that may get me enough Coin to purchase what I need, so I can craft it.
    The bummer part is, the mounts I did have, they only have 7 days, and since I was gone for almost 2 weeks I came back to being on foot again.
    That was one thing I did not like about this game, I was given basically a gift pack of item mall stuff, but one you get that, the timer starts on it, it is not like you can wait a week or two, to start using it, you had to start using the item once you got it, if you want the full time used from it.
    That’s like the pet pig you get to help looting when you start playing, the timer starts the day you log that character in, I was wanting to save it for later when I was killing more and had less time to grab loot, but NOOoooOOo, that timer on it started already, on one character (my first) I never got to use the pig, because I was actually saving him for later, it was noticing it no longer in the bank/warehouse, that it dawned on me the timer on these items start the moment you get them, even if you never use them.

Well just really wanted to say I went back to WoKF for a couple days

12. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

LOL yes the looting pets are probably the biggest pain in this game. I've got a mount that I can hand you as I'm really not playing heaps at the moment due to trying out Runes of Magic. I'll log a char in and see if you are around.

13. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

no, don't need a mount, there are just 2 problems I have with this game,
    one, it does not support widescreen,
    Two, because of the connection, I never know where I will be stopping at

Keep your mount
    just here to fill in my online gaming habit till Allods starts up again, heck not even on the same server the last login, I decided to see if the other servers give me the same erratic connection warping problem

14. HenriDeacon

HenriDeacon Retired Captain

On my widescreen monitor i can play WoKF on part of the screen, with plenty of room to have other apps open on the other side, so the lack of WS support can be an advantage too :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  15. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

ok mate no probs...
    I can understand with your issues.
    It suxxors :(

16. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

I just prefer full screen, I sometimes use the mouse to click on the action (quick slot/short cut) rather then the key, and if I move the mouse too far, it raises my Task bar. Kinda screws me up sometimes, just a minor inconvenience.
    good part was, it made it easier to dual log. Speaking of dual log, I can not do it any more, keep getting a error trying to launch the second client. kinda messes up me using a mule.

Hey Tilce I forgot, I still have 5 one day white Stallions to use, so I am not totally with out a mount. and I still have the quest that gets me the random mount. so if I really want a mount I am covered already. and having a mount just means I run into walls quicker

yeah my latency makes this game play funny. can run half the map then get warped back to find I am stuck on some chicken bone, or take 2 steps and end up in a flock/herd/group of mad mobs half a mile away , it's funny to watch, but frustrating to play.
    this is the only game I have played (with this connection or any other type) that does it like that

I got PKed for the first time in WoKF. Annoying thing about that was I wanted to know what skill they used that would not let me attack them , apparently this was a no English speaking gank on low level only player.
    some day I am going to have a stroke or heart attack playing a RPG MMO that has a open PK system, and get attacked by some one at least within 10 levels of me. I just will not know how to deal with that.
    I have the worse luck, never can get any one to PvP me, and be the same level as me, I know the few times that it has happen they always take off running. hmm maybe I should start playing under a different name . . naw that is not working either, no one has tried to go against any of my Elroy's

Yet

I guess since I am having difficulty running 2 clients, I may have to add a toon into the guild I am in, and use the guild warehouse for Xfers

oh and does any one know how to obtain a earth pearl ?

17. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

can't say for sure... but if you couldn't move at all more than likely a BS broadsword... they have a stunlock where they can have 2 stuns going one after the other. They also get invis at high lv's making them possibly the best for PKing and PVP

18. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

it was a staff, and after playing my staff a little bit last night, now I know what they used, just don't understand how it lasted so long, maybe the duration last longer at higher rank,. I'll need to look at that, I think I can see what the next level will be ?

Well, I did get my Broadsword to level 20 and added to the guild I am in, weird last night I was able to run 2 clients, so it was just a matter of getting a mule to level 20, just encase I have a cannot run 2 clients again moment.
    I wanted to get the broadsword toon a better sword, since I had enough coin to get some earth pearls to make a lvl 20 sword and level 18 cuffs. I did not realize that the success rate , was . . . well . . . none existent , but now I know. That is upsetting and really turned me off from want to play the game. I mean if one can fail so easily at a low level items like that, I would hate to even try on higher level items where such items are better useful. And you need to buy items from cash shop (item mall).
    oh and obvious now, I found out where to get earth pearls :D
    but now after that failed craft, I can see why items are so grossly over priced, really they are not, if any thing, they are under priced, because the amount of failures one will have, the cost is way too high for items not to be grossly over priced.

Based on the success rate on the crafting, I would have to give this game very low marks. The ease of crafting is why the score is as high as it is. on a scale of 1-10, if the crafting was more difficult, more complexity involved to craft items, then I would have gave it a negative score, I feel it is that bad

Crafting: 2

19. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

I really didn't spend time crafting at lower levels - you need to raise your crafting rep through the simpler items or through the place in your school hall - if it is there. next time give me a yell... I have a rather high crafting rep

20. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

well thanks for the offer, I just do not have the coin to buy the mats again.
    I was reading on the WoKF official forums were a player thought they have their friend that has Maxed crafting rep craft their item for them, they did not say what level they were, but did not seem very high. and in their case they used Item mall enhancements to help, . . and it failed:eek:
    well heck I'll just copy the post and quote it here

I found that post after my failure, I was not a happy camper errr crafter.

on another note I think I actually have all the mats now to craft some fashion pants, which I am still in a struggle deciding.
    I could go for the cheapest and just get the pirate pants, but I think for the look I am going for, the gentleman Pants is what I want, but that will cost me another 1.6m I do not have, heh I do not have the 400k for the pirate plans (or what ever it is called), But I do have something that I have seen selling for 1m+, I think I have 2 of them actually.
    Pants are the most important for me to get since they will add Def, I need that for the Bow toon
    my connection been off and on because of the storm, or I would find a way to sell that item and get them pants made