Where to from here?

Discussion in 'Secret Squirrel Console Club House (Private, Hidde' started by Pure Mongrel, May 31, 2010.

1. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Retired Captain

I was going to write (another) long winded post about what I think the Division needs from us ...

But instead I want to get your perspective on where we are at at the moment and what we need to stay strong / grow.

Where are we strong? What do we lack?

2. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

Personally, I'm hlaf expecting a lot of new activity with the introduction of our new SLs. I have a feeling they'll inject a bit of life into the division, and I'm happy to see where it goes.
    Feverishly working on the points system and awards on the togcc site... I'm hoping once people can start adding/changing/playing with their online data, it will perhaps attract a few of those ppl who have been a bit quiet on the forums.

Having said that, I'm going to be a little scarce for a week or so as I need to go do some personal stuff in Sydney. I'll be back next Monday. I doubt much dev work (and even less gameplaying) will be done by me between now and then.

3. Pure Mongrel

Ideally I would like to see the following happen:

Each Squad Leader to set up, or assist with, a regular online session. Pick a game you play regularly, and enjoy, and set up a regular gaming session for TOG players from your region to get involved with.

Try not to spreed game sessions out over the week where possible, but ultimately set it up on a day / time that works for you.

Where possible assist in another Squad Leaders gaming session so as to make it light work for all involved and to bolster the numbers ;)

Try not to all pick FPS games .. but "DON'T" pick a game you do not love playing!

Each Squad Leader to look at ways to increase membership form their region. Now a big part of this will be covered by your involvement with the gaming sessions and the forums, but events like FOE's play date payed big dividends for the Division.

If you can come up with something like this, then great, but you will find that just playing online and speaking to other players (that you feel are of TOG spirit) is effective as well.

Each Squad Leader to encourage others to do the leg work. This is one I want you guys to give a lot of thought too. If you do everything you will burn out, stop having fun and ultimately will make you want to walk away.

If you can garner the support of a couple of "dedicated" TOG members to help assist you in setting up events, providing information, etc. you we find your life will get a lot easier. This will also give us a better base of people to pool from for the next Squad leader positions, etc.

They will feel more involved, you will get better turn outs to events and more activity on the forums.

Tap members like Exploit and Scratches and see how they work.

Some projects I would like to see get completed:

• A Division YouTube video completed within the next month.
    • A Division Console Wallpaper, for XBOX and PS3, completed within the next month.
    • Each online session posted on the Console front page.
    • More information posted on the forums regarding games found in the Playstation Store, XBOX Marketplace and Wii online store.

Future Division expansions that need planing / discussion:

• Address how we, and who will, look after mobile gaming.
    • Address how we will attract European Squad Leaders
    • Address how we can assist Kiz to make the division better for Wii console players.

4. Pure Mongrel

I know Cadders away ... but did I scare the rest of you guys off?

Very quite around here ...

I feel lonely ... :(

5. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

LOL Mongrel. I'm here, but I have just been on a gaming hiatus :)eek:) as of right now. Need to take some time and plan for my future with my wife.

When I get back to actually playing games, I'll def see about getting a regular week to play some games with the Toggers!

I know I've been quiet lately, but I'm still here!

6. Spunkmeyer

Spunkmeyer Getting Started

Not scared, just lurking and pondering. ;)

I'm trying to figure out what game would be fun to play in a regular session and I'm finding myself in a bit of a dilema.

While I am very much enjoying RDR, it seems like most PS3 players are Aussies. Likewise for MNR, but the NA ones who do play it are very active it seems (Chronogear in particular), so I'm thinking it may be a better choice. Those load times sure do suck though. I only have BFBC2 on the Xbox and I really don't have a desire to delve into MAG. I have high hopes for Test Drive Unlimited 2, but that doesn't get released until september. If you guys have any thoughts/advise I'd be happy to include it in my internal deliberations.

As far as attracting new NA PS3 TOGGERS, apart from in-game chats, I'm stumped at the moment. I will keep it in mind though.

So, for now, I'm just going to play more games until something clicks. :D

7. Pure Mongrel

FOE ... enjoy your time away mate. Again, all the best for your new family :D Everything will be here when you get back.

Spunk, PS3 players in your area is a "work in progress". At the moment, be the face of North American PS3 players on the forums. As you have an XBOX as well, maybe you can take over FOE's BF: BC2 crew while he is away? This give you a feel for "rallying" troops to gaming sessions, etc.

There is no point starting anything on the PS3 if you don't have a desire to play the game. Wait for something to catch your fancy :D

Speaking of time off ... I need some ...

8. FunkyJ

FunkyJ Well-Known Member

I haven't been playing too much lately. All I've wanted to do is drink myself into oblivion (that's what working for Telstra will do to you :p )

I haven't got RDR and that's the game of the moment it seems. Depending on my finances, I might get it this weekend, and set up a play date sometime over the long weekend.

I want to get a Blur race night happening too, but not sure who has it. It's soooo much fun though!

9. Pure Mongrel

I have put a request through to "central command" to make Cadder the VDC.

We need one due to the size we are getting and to take some of the pressure off me.

The reason I chose Cadder;

1) Following up on the discussion that a squad leader should have a console to manage, having him as an engineer SL makes him look out of place.
    2) His standing in our division (and TOG) make him an excellent candidate.
    3) His work on the awards web site mirrors the work that I do with the awards and player lists, so covering these tasks makes him the logical choice.

Now I thought long and hard about this because I originally wanted to put FOE or A_1 in the role, but this left me with a couple of issues:

1) Who would then fill their role?
    2) I did not want to add to their workload of running events etc.
    3) Upcoming personal commitments like weddings ;)

This choice was in "NO" way a reflection of your abilities or input in this division. The SL's I mentioned have done so much I would have no hesitation in nominating them to DC their own division or as a moderator. (In a heart beat! :D)

I hope this call is ok with everyone, due to time constraints on my part I did not have time to consult you guys and for that I apologize.

I don't like making calls with out consultation, but in this instance I felt I had to.

10. George

George Retired Captain

Good call. We really are taking over the world :)

11. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

Vanilla Diet Coke?

12. Pure Mongrel

Vigilant Diatribe Corrector ;)