What's Better Legendary or Exotic

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Ancient_One, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Some say that the Exotic items are the best in game.

Playing MMO's I would have thought Legendary items should have been the best but I guess these guys have partially changed the rules.

What have people found while playing and how does it differ from the Legendary.

Is their any point to farming and buying Legendary or their the hope an Exotic engram will drop?

2. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Exotic is better. But you can only equip a single Exotic weapon and armor piece at the same time. You can of course swap them around as I do with my Pulse and Sniper rifles.

Exotics take a LONG time to level up! My Red Death has only really shown it's power once unlocking it's Red Death effect (heals you and speeds reloads on kills).

3. Briareus

Briareus Getting Started

Exotic, but Raid-level Legendaries are supposedly able to be upgraded to the same level as Exotics, and you can equip them head to toe.

But you have to raid to get them...

4. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

That Red Death sounds insane for PvP ...

Exotics due to the limited amount you can equip (mentioned above) should be catered towards the build you are running. I believe the direct influence to skills is the major factor with Exotics v Legendaries ... isn't it?

5. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

i sold my legendary pulse rifle for ascent energy to upgrade my exotic even thought the legendary said it had more impact it really was useless ...

So get one good exotic weapon you will use scrap the rest for energy or shard as you can use one exotic weapon with a exotic armour .. then wait till you see what armour has the best light some are up to 30 some are low and as you can only equip one use the best and scrap the rest..

Also Queens Bounties are to be done this is for legendary gear they say .. will have to see

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  6. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Queens bounties lead to kill missions and grant a single legendary upon completion.

They are very hard though.

7. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Do NOT scrap Legendary/Exotic Special/Heavy Weapons unless you have something that does the same damage type. Many of the harder missions are made MUCH easier if you have the appropriate damage type.

I've done 3 of them so far and will likely do one more since I doubt I'll do the Guardian headshot bounties. I got two chest pieces and a helmet, none of which I'll likely use on my Titan. They aren't that hard with appropriate gear and friends.

NOTE: Only the fireteam leader needs a missive/quest/whatever to start but only those with one will get the Legendary item reward at the end. You can still help others if you have done them though.

8. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

My mistake was i scrapped a gun because it was less powerful according to colour and the large number .. i didn't know about this solar , arc stuff before that .. But after i picked up enough ascendant energy to boost damage on my exotic i had a good run in pvp with it and i still have one more damage level to go ..

9. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Same - 3 chest, 1 helm. Chest was an upgrade though.