What Weapons / Armour kits do you role with

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by Binary-Ninja, Mar 13, 2016.

1. dmgm

dmgm Active Member

Perhaps I should try that again. I pretty much switched to the roller bomb, once I unlocked it. It works well on clumps of baddies, and they often start that way!

2. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

As your kit grows look closely at purples for the stats you want in magazine , scope etc.. .. i then added some advanced firearms mods to the armour that can take it ..

Saying that i only have a single yellow being Liberator and still cant do Challenge Mode , i get one shotted constantly as the rest of kit not up to it .. Dam rotation today the timers flick over but the gear doesn't ..

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  3. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

Having 100k+ dps is useless in challenge mode if you don't have the health to go with it.

Like I said in the other thread, try to get >90k dps AND >65k health before you try challenge mode. Also, you need to coordinate with your team mates, use lots of cc (flashbang/tear gas grenades, stun turrets, gas cloud seeker mines) and focus fire down the adds in a kill order.

Consider stacking armor damage, damage to and protection from elite's as secondary stats. Armor damage in particular is useful because having a lot more armor is what makes elites harder to kill in challenge mode.

4. dmgm

dmgm Active Member

I'm a big fan of the gas option on the seeker.
    I'm carrying an m60 and m1a. Both can make short work of disoriented bad guys standing out of cover.

5. Binary-Ninja

Trying to boost stats more before i go into Challenge Mode .. I picked up Caduceus today and it is at 154,000 DPS and can kill the Elites in challenge mode with some effort but as you said my armour / health is still low i cant survive it long...

Trying to get more yellow gear and boost health but will have to wait for blueprints to change if they do

6. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Whats the best combo? ie. assault rifle with high ROF and DMG (M4, ACR)? or something like the RPK (45 round) or M249/M60 (100 rnd box I believe)?

I tend to carry the shotty for close range - 2 shots on a charger = dead.

7. Binary-Ninja

It will be down to what suits your gameplay Pharaoh .. I like Assault Guns , Subs for up close if others aren't good enough and might keep a sniper .. But with the Caduceus or Liberator so far they can act much like a sniper will single shots to head doing some decent damage .. not like the snipers amount but can be useful enough..

You can get a shotty in the spot of handgun get a decent one ..

8. Pharoah

I'm more a tank sort of player (never like sniping) hence why i'm a big fan of LMGs but they've obviously nerfed it a bit so that the rounds fly all over the place.

9. XCEL8-2-50+

XCEL8-2-50+ Well-Known Member

i use a machine gun

10. Binary-Ninja

I might need to look at a machine gun .. i finally completed the Challenge Mode tonight but it was extremely hard.. A MG could of helped on this map ..

11. LavaCaverns

LavaCaverns Well-Known Member

Upgraded kit
    Gold AK
    Gold Vector SMG

Need to get my stamina up to 1880ish to use em effectively, which is taking a while, can't find the gear for that :(

Been brought into to know about smart cover - trapper. God makes it easier for those challenging daylies. Though was using it wrong most of the time (don't hold activation button)

12. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

I enjoy run 'n' gun gameplay too. I used to use a shotgun because I love the concept, but the shotgun doesn't suit run 'n' gun as well as a SMG. Get one with the Destructive talent (Armor destruction value is increased by x%) and you'll melt elites away quickly due to the synergy with the increased crit chance you get on SMGs.

13. Pharoah

interest. is there a guide somewhere which lists the best weapon/equipment combos?

14. Binary-Ninja

Join the club i have got decent weapon now a few yellow / gold weapons and kit but cant find stamina stuff stuck on 50K ..

Youtube has quite a few good reviews / tutorials on weapon and gear setups ..

Areckkz Gaming
    Skilled
    MacroStyle

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  15. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

I found it easier to stack stamina gear and then boost dps through gear/weapon mods than the other way around.

16. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Do the weapons really ramp up at level 30? I'm 27 at the moment and my DPS for my primary is at 15000. When I look at those on level 30 with 60000 DPS primaries, I wonder WTF?! I don't really need it for current missions as I can melt most enemies pretty quickly if I aim for the head - but I'm sure PvP would put me at a massive disadvantage.

I typically run an assault rifle as primary, DMR as secondary (that does 147% headshot damage so pull off 40000 dmg if I aim right) and a 15000 DPS pistol that I use to clean up random encounters with a buff that gives me 30 rounds of ammo on my primary for each kill.

17. Binary-Ninja

You need the weapons to ramp up post 30 because the dailies and challenges and the enemies in the dark zone are all 31 and 32 ... My primary sits at 154,000 DPS and have a few good features but it still takes a dam lot to kill named bosses , elites and high end purples , yellows ..