What Weapons / Armour kits do you role with

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by Binary-Ninja, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

I was wondering how people pick their kits .. I was going buy colours plus the effect it gave to my health , skills and damage ... My Setup is struggling now i am in mid 20's and nothing dropping to replace mine as yet..

My weapons setup is

Tactical Vector .45 ACP (Purple) 21000 damage approx
    AUG - Steyer (Blue) 20000 damage
    Pistol

3/4 of my kit is purple of various ranking numbers and i use it to setup Damage and Health as first priority

What should you use or do you have to worry about colours , seem some greens drop with good damage but no perks .. Or do you just wait for the drop / buy ..

2. Hippy222

Hippy222 FPS Bartender and Still standing ... Captain

For myself, im not overly fussed by it all yet, im 22, when im 30 i will pay alot more attention to it, as it seems i change my gear every lv.
    Something that was pointed out to me, as i had a lv 16 gun that had higher dps then lv 20 blue guns, make sure you strip your weapon before comparing as the mods increase your dps, as in, pick the gun with the best dps bare arsed, then mod it.

3. Binary-Ninja

Agree Hippy as i just did the final Russian Embassy mission .. Well then another high end mission popped up but thats another story ..

Anyways i came across this LVOA-S assault rifle although it was blue but its DPS was of the charts it has now got 50,000 odd then later on one of the bosses dropped a purple converted SMG with 55,000 DPS... Seems problem solved as it got me through to unlock 2 wings against level 28 NPC's .. Now i ranked up to 28 very quick after this wings ..

Wil concentrate more on colours once i hit 30 ..

4. Foxman

Foxman Tom Clancy Captain

I'll most likely be looking to stack my electronics once I hit 30 and focus on a support loadout with smart cover and support station so I'm looking for gear that contributes to stamina + electronics mostly.
    If my attributes allow for a weapons special feature to activate then that's a bonus but for now I'm more interesting in looking good :D

As far as loot goes, I've not had many good drops in quite some time (currently ~lvl16) but the DZ has given me a few gear upgrades recently. A good point on stripping the weapon first though Hippy, it's entirely possible I've overlooked some potential upgrades as a result.

5. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

just wondering, I've noticed some sort of weapons mods (ie. not attachments but mods) - how do I use them? They're in my inventory but I have no idea how to use them. I think there's a weapons one and an electronics one.

oh, and if I manage to airlift some gear out of the DZ, where do I find it?

6. Hippy222

Hippy222 FPS Bartender and Still standing ... Captain

those mods are for your gear, i have not much gear that you can mod, maybe a more end game thing?
    is the "stash" box :)

7. Cahiry

Cahiry VR Crack Dealer Officer

Weapon mods are at Bottom of your gun list
    Gear mods are at the bottom of your first row of gear list.

I'm running around with a
    Primary - LMG
    secondary - Shoutgun
    Hand gun a hardly use due to shotgun

Kind of sticking to Tank role so looking for anything with armor / health

Shotgun is great for when runners with shields get up close, only just noticed the other night you can blow away their shields, and the shotgun makes them stop and stubble back for some breathing room when your toe to toe

8. Pharoah

At this point I'm packing:
    - Primary: MP5 (blue, level 10 I think);
    - Secondary: RPK (green, level 5 I think);
    - Hand gun..but hardly use
    - Medic bag
    - sticky bomb...love the shooting ability but it doesn't do a lot of damage which is b/s.

9. Binary-Ninja

Those mods go into Armour pieces .. Chest / Vest and Backpack .... you get one mod in each

Use them like you do guns .. highlight backpack then add mod watch the stats change .. They can add massive boosts to weapons it did for my sub machine gun

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  10. Psyxar

Psyxar Getting Started

all armour pieces have the option of a mod slot, and later high end items have the option of 2,
    you can also use the recalibration station in the tech wing and select the appropriate stat to convert to a mod slot, if it doenst have one already

11. Pharoah

ok thanks guys

12. LavaCaverns

LavaCaverns Well-Known Member

Trying to replace my Sniper rifle with something else.
    Hardly use it now that i have an awesome smg :)

Hit 30 earlier today and have grinded to 24 in the dark zone.

Enhanced AUG A3P - Purple
    Police mk 17- purple
    First wave pf35 - purple

Support station - Life Support
    Sticky - BFB
    Survivor link

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  13. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

Current loadout:

ACR-L - High End
    Crafted Kriss Vector 45 ACP - High End
    Devastator - High End named pistol

Skills:
    These change a lot depending on what I am doing, but for a group run through a story mission:

Seeker Mine - gas grenade
    Survivor Link
    First Aid - overdose

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  14. Pharoah

Story:

M4 Blue
    L86 Blue

Skills:
    Medic bag (heals in a 10m radius)
    sticky bomb (modded - bigger bang)

I've only dabbled in the DZ but got to level 7 then quit. Will go back soon.

FYI - I tried the seeker mine but I don't really like it compared to the sticky bomb - the mine has a small radius (being thrown) and the damage isn't as heavy as the sticky bomb eg. when I come up to a pair of baddies or a threesome, I shoot the sticky bomb at the guy in the middle and detonate, which kills the pair and takes out 2/3 of the threesome. Pretty powerful. Plus does wonders against bosses and snipers.

15. dmgm

dmgm Active Member

I'm L28, and I'm running with a purple LMG (L86?) it only has 30 rounds, but reloads like a slow assault rifle, and has some major advantages to stablity.

As a secondary I use either a SMG (I currently have a blue tactical vector, which was a reluctant upgrade from my purple AUG) or an First Wave M1A. I don't really want to play sniper, but the M1A is semi auto and works well close or at range. I suspect it's the best gun in the game, but not my favourite.

Armour is a mix or purple and blue.

Everything is level 26+

My tip for others is don't forget to use explosive or incendiary ammo if you have it. Particularly that first. Also, while it's hard to remember, drinking water before tackling the elites that are often in the final wave can make quite a difference.

Oh, and don't be afraid of the darkzone. My preference is co-op PvE, but they've done a great job a creating a sense of menace and urgency in the darkzone. Best done in company though.

16. dmgm

dmgm Active Member

Why are you using 2 SMGs? Most people choose something for close and something for further away. Both have good damage, but since they are both so fast loading, I'm not sure when you'd change between them.

17. Binary-Ninja

I have upgraded since that post ... I was waiting to get a decent sniper rifle which got one last night and just experimenting with guns .. i like the submachine guns to kill the rushers and were good in most situations .. But as i go through the higher challenges i try to get better weapons ... Only yellow left

My new kit

Converted SMG 9 (Purple) 75,000 damage
    Liberator Assault (Yellow) 103,000 damage
    Custom M44 (Purple) not yet specced up

18. zyreand

zyreand Getting Started

Raise your skill (the 3rd thing) higher and it will do crapload of damage.

19. Pharoah

I've modded the sticky bomb (40% extra damage to surrounding baddies) - I took out 5 Rikers with one shot...luckily they were all standing around close to each other - absolutely LOVE the sticky bomb. I usually use this on baddies whilst going between missions - one shot usually takes them out which saves my rounds for missions.

20. dmgm

dmgm Active Member

Those are pretty impressive numbers. The game tells me more like 28K for my kit.

I like the SMG for the same thing. Close protection. Maybe I should try a shotgun, but that seems a bit too close!

I think as I level, its just being pragmatic and using the best weapon you have in class. But there are aspects to some guns. For example I didn't mind the slower rate of fire for the AK47, and I would prefer a LMG with a 100 ammo capacity, despite the longer reload time for suppression capability.