What grinds my gears!

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by ColdCamV, Sep 4, 2009.

1. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

I got bored and im not sure if this is already a thread or not but oh well:p

Im gonna call this thread...WHAT GRINDS MY GEARS!:mad:

This is where ya can post about what really annoys you when playing an FPS it can be anything at all its just basically to vent your anger towards what ppl do in games and anything else you wanna vent at about a game:p

Also its a good way to discuss and who knows there might be other ppl who also get angry about the same things your talking about:D

C4 likes this.
  2. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

When I unload 2 clips of a p90 into someone, and then they turn around spraying randomly across my kneecaps and I go down.... o_O

C4 likes this.
  3. Nukerat

Nukerat Active Member

I sneak up behind a sniper and prepare to mow him down.... he turns headshots meross open sights and keeps on sniping.

C4 likes this.
  4. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Yeah there's a lot of binds the game allows that they could just code counters for (like fully automatic shotguns that aren't supposed to be, or snipers who can fire from the hip at mid-long ranges with flawless accuracy).

How about gun jams? gun sway off the center? realistic recoil?

5. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

I'll argue against that. If I want realism I'll go to work or just go outside. Games are escapism and I for one hate the trend over the last ten years or so towards more "realistic" games.

6. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

To counter that if I may, realism can help balance the different weapons in a game (even if the 'realism' isn't flawlessly accurate to real life). Otherwise the game encourages players to use weapons in a way they shouldn't be able to; as for the player it just adds a new dimension to their skill beyond the straight up point+click!

7. shim

shim Getting Started

[Peter_Griffin] Do you really know what grinds my gears? limiting the amount of times i can use my CD key before i have to contact the developers. They could easily unlock the usage again after a month or so incase people format more often than others or have problems and reinstall. [/Peter Griffin]

8. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

Games are just games, if you use them to escape something so be it, but that doesn't mean everyone does or wants that. I'm drawn towards fairly stressful games, but it's a different kind of stress that my day to day job offers, and it's more or less risk free stress and there-in lies the appeal for me.

I also find it odd how people think FPS games approach any form or realism. Controlling a character in an FPS game is more like driving some kind of freakish monoscopic hovering golf cart compared to what an actual person can do. The brain still fills in a lot of gaps playing FPS games.

9. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

Well said, games are games for the sake of well..being games:p

A few things really grind my gears...1 is when your in a vehicle and your the gunner or a passenger or whatever..and the person driving decides to ram the vehicle into something and bailing in the last second...WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE!

The other thing is, as Reoh said, unloading a clip into someone only to have them turn around and somehow take you out in one shot!

Oh and the last thing..it only just happened like 20 minutes ago and it just aggrevated me...if i put a demo pak on an enemy tank with the enemy in it and you see me doing that...why would you run at the tank and start shooting at it with a machine gun. I thought the other player would be smart and run away when i blow it up instead he runs towards it...he gets killed aswell..so he punishes me and goes off his head at me for "purposely" team killing!

Those are what really grind my gears at the moment:mad:

10. Beavis

Beavis Well Torn Member and Previously Retired Captain

Well,that's it for me,seemly I have been told I have only half a brain

11. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Loading up a game and then being asked for the disc, and having to figure out where you've stashed it away.

(because if it was really an illegal copy it wouldn't need the disc so those bastards are just causing problems for us legitimate users)

12. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

LOL niice one...i had to do that today haha i couldnt find the disc for BF2142 took me a good hour before i found it in the case of prototype for some wierd reason :confused:

Gotta take better care of the discs :)

heres another one...trying to kill another player only to have one of your own team mates run in the way and, if they live, stealing ya kill or, if they die, punishing you coz it was naturally your fault:p

Keep up the grinding..its always good to hear new things that really grind peoples gears :)

13. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Buying a game, and finding out they're releasing a sequel later that year...

*smirk L4D* :p

14. Unknown

Unknown Retired Captain

Francis hates sequels... (had to be done)

15. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

Trying to negotiate with a 13 yr old the reason why he keeps dying is not because of hackers but because he just cant aim and decides to spray and complains if the target 200 metres down range DOESN'T DIE!

16. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Inbuilt voicecoms to games.

*see above quote for one example*

17. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

one word...HACKERS!

18. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

19. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Call of Duty (4 & 5) was what I had in mind with the annoying disc issues, and miscellaneous other things. I really like the singleplayer, the co-op and the games gorgeous but the mp grinds my gears if I play it too much.

TF2 has more fun gameplay but while its characters are funny (especially with how they make them seem more life like) the actual scenery bugs me sometimes.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  20. Beavis

Beavis Well Torn Member and Previously Retired Captain

Having to walk 500km in Far Cry 2 because you totaled the jeep while looking out the side at zebras