PS4: Watchdogs & Watchdogs 2

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Ancient_One, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Yeah I know I'm late to this franchise. I recently purchased these in a buy three get the lowest priced for free. The Division was the other game. I have placed Destiny 2 and ESO on the backburner while I complete them. I have to say I'm enjoying it. I like open world type games where you play more like RPG.

Main mission, side missions, mysteries, other quests. Shootouts, car chases, problem solving, collecting, all makes for a good time waster. Been playing it for weeks and still so much fun to be had.

Another interesting part is the invasion into your game by other gamers playing Fixers. Basically hack to many phones and you get reported which results in a bounty. Other players can accept the bounty joining on your game and you get to play hide and seek with them. So much fun. You can also do racing games with them as well. Cars, bikes, trucks, performance vehicles. All makes for a fun time.

If your into RPG's these are pretty good.

2. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I usually get bored with all the collection stuffs, but I did like the first one. Haven't played the 2nd.

3. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

The big difference is the hacks. You have to activate a wheel through L1 button then select what you want to do. Multiple choices.

You can charge your phone on the fly through hacking. You get to control a remote vehicle and drone. The cops are super fast in their cars and give you a lot of challenge to try and lose them. Stealth is a bigger thing this time around or run and gun which will bring in the police in a big way.

Seen plenty of glitches, cops running over people, cars melding together. Collecting is still a big thing, even bigger now. Including photographing locations around the city and outer suburbs. Scaling high buildings to tag it for DEDSEC requiring you to work out how to get up there. The game is huge and will take several weeks to complete.

4. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Loved the first one, didnt go much on the second one, i never liked the main character and all the hacks and extra stealthing made him feel weak as a character, where Aiden felt more of a bad ass. Plus when ultimately
    stealth failed it turned in to a bit of a nightmare. San fran was awesome though so i loved the environment better, but the story not so much so overall i prefered the first one. However WD 2 was still a zillion times better
    than just cause 3 which was made me trade it in before i got over half way though. Every mission was protect this or that and the story in that game was non existant. I will be reading every review on the internet about
    just cause 4 before i even dream about buying that one!

Ancient_One likes this.