Vault of Glass - XB1 Clan Progression Update!

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Mixzawa, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

Raid update in the Vault of Glass with The Older Gamers XB1 Clan.

The Spire: Cleared
    The Templar: Cleared (Video highlight of the first kill)
    Gorgon's Maze: Cleared (after endless laughing)
    The Gate: Cleared
    Atheon, Time's Conflux: On the final boss phase but soon(tm) he will DIE!

Great job tonight everyone on the team.
    Destiny - Xbox One | Vault of Glass - The Templar Cleared! - YouTube

2. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

NICE MATE! How many hours into it so far?

3. Gwinny

Gwinny Getting Started

I think it was about 4 and a Half hours so far ... Went by fairly quickly though :)

4. Solkar

Solkar Getting Started

Well done guys

5. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Wow a 4-5 hour Raid. Have to find the time.

Tell us the end result. Awards, drops, achievements, etc.

6. Coralon

Coralon Active Member

Can you do the raid in multiple sittings or is it one big session?

7. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Raid progress is saved under the Fireteam leader, so you can take multiple sittings. I'm rather wrecked today, so won't be doing that sort of session again. It was good fun though.

At certain points two random people get legendary items, and there are three chests that contain Ascendant materials.

The time will only get faster. We now know the way in the Gorgon Maze. The jumping puzzle annoyed me no end but I'm sure we'll get that down too. I just wish I could practice that bit solo to avoid further embarrassment. :oops:

8. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

Hastarin You were wrecked i had to do some work at 4.00am and it was near midnight when i had to leave , no way i could of continued and got any work done today .. As said to MixZ also hard to arrange a good time to coincide with US players due to time zones ...

9. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Yeah it was the 4hrs past my bedtime that got me (we stopped at 2:30am when I bailed). Hopefully we might get enough numbers to do two raid groups eventually. An Oceanic and a US. If we could do one checkpoint every 2nd night or so it wouldn't be so bad.

10. Binary-Ninja

Well thats why i asked can it be saved .. certainly happy to help but i cant be up till 2.30am each morning

11. Hydrus

Hydrus Active Member

Awesome job !

If you need an alternate let me know. Just hit lvl 26 with my Titan

12. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

I lost track of time during the raid as we were pushing through so got the good dirty feeling when I finally looked at the clock. Should (should being the word) not be nearly as long now that we know the fights up to the end.

Also Crooked and I finished the last boss on Sunday morning with a friend's lock so we know what to expect for the last boss and how to clear him.

13. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

Whats your XB1 gamertag? I'll add ya to the roster as we post updates on the Bungie clan site.

14. Binary-Ninja

Mixz if you finished it with out us then that means we all have to do the whole lot again .. The problem as we said is US times are far to late at night for the Aussies to do the RAID .. We just run out of time due to work etc..

15. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

Raids reset on Tuesday so we will have to start over this weekend anyways.

I have also posted that if the US players want to do a peak hour raid during their evening will need someone to step up and lead the team. Right now only Fall-Of-Enosis has stepped up to start leading a 360 raid team and Tassit on the PS4.

Gonna post a separate thread on the FPS mess hall to talk about making Destiny a full division but will need more people to step up to help lead raids in the different time zones. For my team if we were to raid during the US peak hours that would switch the strain to us on the oceanic side so nothing will be solved.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  16. Gwinny

Gwinny Getting Started

I don't mind hosting or preferably co-hosting a raid during US peak times after I understand the whole raid (I led raids back in my WoW days, only when no one else was available though, not necessarily my comfort zone ;) However ... It just doesn't appear that we have an over abundance of interested parties on the XB1. Is there anyway to tally all the XB1 players that are interested in raiding and what time zones they are in? And for that matter what preferences they have towards raiding times. Maybe with all gathered information we can come up with cohesive grouping and time schedule. Just a thought ...

17. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

Because of the limits of the TOG Destiny section on the public side (working to make Destiny TOG a full division) many don't post or even see this as they tend to hang out on the member only side of the TOG forums. I do have a post on Bungie TOG clan forum marked for member's only that has the current roster of XB1 players raiding.

18. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

Thanks for your interest Gwinny and understanding the raid doesn't seem that hard as long as people communicate. Which I really like about the current raid. I did no real research on the raid as I prefer learning on the fly. I think the main issue we are having is people not checking the public Destiny forum on the TOG and Bungie clan website. Most Toggers (I am one of them prior to Destiny) usually never check the public forums on the TOG site. And I am pretty sure the majority of them don't even bother to check out the Bungie clan forums for updates.

Submitting for full division status so news on that as I get updates.

19. Gwinny

Gwinny Getting Started

Sure thing ... I mean I don't mind getting up at 7am and all, like this past Saturday. But, as interest and levels rise I don't mind hosting. Hopefully full division status will be given.