TOG NEWS (22/01/2015) - TOG Irregulars take Laselles

Discussion in 'Mechwarrior & Battletech (Public)' started by white_bear_84, Jan 22, 2015.

1. white_bear_84

white_bear_84 Retired Captain

-----------------------------------------------
    INCOMING INTEL
    -----------------------------------------------

I am pleased to announce that in alliance with Robinson Rangers [RRB] the [TOG] Irregulars have successfully captured our first planet on the Marik border.

Defenses were light at first, with the Marik defenders caught off guard and unaware; three planetary defense cannons were successfully captured with minimal loses to automated turrets under the strong guidance of Division Captain White Bear & Colonel Turook of the Rangers.

Following the initial raids, the call to arms by Marik was swift, launching a staunch defense in a vain effort to halt our lightning strike force. Losses were heavy & following another succession of victories the planet looked all but ours.

Intel leaked to the Marik defenders allowed the enemy forces to adapt to our tactics accordingly & we suffered two close defeats, initially halting our fast advance. With a number of Irregulars taken out of action, the Rangers helped to reinforce our positions and we attacked with renewed vigor.

Following a single decisive battle, the tide was turned and the Marik counsel ordered a planetary ceasefire, refusing to allow the loss of any more civilians, following the humiliating defeat of its 'elite' forces. The remaing forces on the ground, held the last remnants at bay as the ceasfire was announced.

Laselle had fallen into TOG hands.

Over and Out,

White Bear 84.

Planetary Intel from Comstar:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Y2KHippy

Y2KHippy Active Member

Nice work all that attended from both TOG and RRB. Next time we see any RRB in game thank them for the assistance in this conquest.

Now the big part is to actually defend it when required. And to help RRB in their defense missions as a thank you.

3. Jester

Jester Active Member

Does this mean we can now have the Lesallian Mailsloth as our Units new mascot? (As if I was the only one who googled the lore about Lesalles). If we have a tallented person that made a sig with something like this in it I would display it with pride :)

4. white_bear_84

Well now, if you can find an image of one!! Speaking of signatures. It is time we got an insignia for the TOG Irregulars properly fixed up.

I wonder if "Defenders of Lesalles" is an apt tag line :p

5. Turook

Turook Getting Started

Glad to see our efforts paid off.

white_bear_84 likes this.
  6. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

WOAH ... Ok WB so rather than my PM saying I might check this out again, there is planets we can take over and own?

WHAT DO THEY DO?

- More resources
    - More power
    - More power?
    - More power??

It seems the game has some new things I need to check out.

white_bear_84 likes this.
  7. white_bear_84

Well at the moment the CW element is classed as being in *beta* which were happy to accept given it needs more polishing off.

Right now (I think) were in phase 2 where they have introduced the first two maps, where you have to either defend or attack a planetary gun to capture a part of the planet (there are 15 segments in total).

At the moment they are focusing on improving the lobby and making it easier for people to find fights, but there are new maps coming for skirmish style battles that will hopefully feature a base of some sorts.

At the moment the planets are really for bragging rights, but eventually there is likely to be features such as supply lines, ability to buff defenses with unit coffers and stuff like that, ill rustle around for you and get some of the posts listed. There was talk of making certain mechs or items cheaper depending on what planet you own.