The Witcher

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by Milali, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Rog69

Rog69 Well-Known Member

Well this is just effing brilliant, I bought this game a few months back and as I said in my earlier post I have been holding off from installing it until the enhanced edition is out. So I just split the shrink wrap off it and installed it this afternoon so that I can get it registered in time for the big patch tomorrow and I get all the way to the end of the registration process and it asks me for the key off the back of the manual.
    :mad:What bloody manual?????:mad:
    All I have in the box apart from the game DVD are 2 identical slips of paper telling me in about 300 different languages that the manual is on the disk, and giving me a bunch of support phone numbers. I take it that there is supposed to be a paper manual too with this game?
    Now I'm really pissed off, this game has been sitting on my desk for months and it's way too late to return it and I'm going to have to jump through god knows how many hoops and automated email tennis matches to get this sorted.
    Not impressed, I am so angry I have actual steam coming out of my ears at the moment :mad:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  2. Stewmeat

Stewmeat Active Member

Rog, if the manual is on the disk, then it's probably a pdf and should have the key. If not, the guys at The Witcher Official Website should be able to help you. They have great customer service so far, and I've had to deal with them twice in the past year for game issues.

Rog69 likes this.
  3. Gaping_MAW

Gaping_MAW Well-Known Member

Well it turns out the enhanced edition will not be available on Steam for anyone except North American customers... nice work Atari! idiots.

4. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

There are heaps of games like that Scoobs ...

Atari, UbiSoft, THQ, ect etc etc

I am looking forward to this release. I have played all the way through already but it will be worth a revisit (=

5. Gaping_MAW

yeah I know they do that, but I was a little 'misled' by the worldwide release date put onto steam. Turns out another 'error' by someone on the publishing side.

6. Rog69

Rog69 Well-Known Member

I went through the manual on the disk a couple of times and there is no key on there but I have got to the bottom of what happened, it would seem that it is a problem with the UK version of the game that was sold by certain retailers, Amazon and play mainly, where they decided not to include a paper manual but then didn't provide any other way of supplying the serial either :confused:. They also messed up with the Canadian version by not printing the key on the manual in some batches and if you have an OEM version they neglected to supply keys with those too.
    I have contacted Atari tech support as instructed and I just need to wait, apparently they will issue keys pretty quickly by email if you give them the number off the bar code from the back of the game case.
    I can see this catching quite a few people out today, up until now you didn't need to register to get patches and the game will install and play without a serial too so there will be a good few people realising that they don't have a key and can't register to get the enhanced pack:(.

Edit - Well, I can't fault Atari support, they had a key out to me within an hour of them starting this morning so I should be good to go now.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  7. Stewmeat

Stewmeat Active Member

Glad to hear ya got it sorted Rog. I'm downloading the EE as we speak, as well as the Blood Revival Patch because apparently they forgot the blood in the NA version :?

8. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Picked up a copy at GAME yesterday - currently doing a rebuild, but should be able to sink my teeth into it this weeked! :) Really looking forward to this!

9. Deadfyre

Deadfyre Well-Known Member

I tried this over at a buddies house, and it looked really good, and sounded even better. My only grump was the controls, which weren't concise with either a game pad or a keyboard and mouse.

10. Rog69

Rog69 Well-Known Member

I've had a very enjoyable couple of weeks with the game now, it's one of the best RPG's I have ever played, my only criticism is that just for once I would like to play an RPG where I don't have some kind of amnesia for a bloody change :)

11. Tulgar

Tulgar Battlefield Leader Staff Member Moderator

I can't remember that ever happening! :)

Rog69 likes this.
  12. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Fallout 3 is your friend! :D

13. Ace Rimsey

Ace Rimsey Company Commander

You guys have inspired me to try this game again. Currently downloading the enhanced patch. I gave up after i found the orignal controls kludgy and laggy loading times.

14. Coot

Coot World of Warcraft Leader

My home net is down for a pending house move so I thought I would give this a go. I can't comment on the original but this enhanced version is quite a good game.

Why do dwarves always have scottish accents? :?:)

15. Gaping_MAW

Coot likes this.
  16. DeFiNiTi0N

DeFiNiTi0N Getting Started

So Temeria is where everyone's been hiding!

I just finished smashing through Witcher 2 early last week (started when 3 came out) - what a great game it was.

Though after spending the weekend in Temeria; i'm getting a feeling for just how big W3 is in comparison - i mean it's no Skyrim.. but it's still bloody big... and detailed.. and although i'm always fetch questing, it never really feels like it.

- Would bury botchling under threshold and follow ghost fetus again.

17. VladamirLutrova

VladamirLutrova Guild Wars 2 Officer

18. DeFiNiTi0N

Hah!

Doesn't Skyrim always feel so big though?!

19. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Skyrim had quite a few walls, though. Just places impossible to get to without mods, and stuff you literally had to take the long way around to get to.

20. DeFiNiTi0N

Yer true, fallout series do the same - NewVegas was particularaly bad