The War Z

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Mixzawa, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Nuutia

Nuutia Just Joined

2. Mr. Brewski

Mr. Brewski Active Member

Thanks for commenting :) I recently changed editing programmes so this was my first video with it, good critique though thanks. I originally had a different script planned for the video which would have suited the clips better but ended up ad libbing and my final product was not what I started out expecting. By that stage I couldn't be bothered re-editing so I just stuck with it. I'll post more about WarZ shortly and hopefully the editing will be much improved :p Thanks again!

3. Mr. Brewski

I've been playing with my bro a lot recently, it is SO much better when you are teamed up. There are still tonnes of PvPers but at least when you have someone watching your back you have half a chance. I've been having some extremely tense moments and I've been loving them. The wipe also seemed to have chilled people out a bit...probably because nobody had any really good weapons, and there were a few situations where we came across other survivors, had a quick chat and wished them well. I'm still really enjoying this game and I'm keen to see where the devs take it. I think it has so much promise, hopefully they make the most of it.

4. Genghoidal

Genghoidal Retired Captain

Vehicles in Feb! :)

5. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

Been a while since I played last. Mostly just waiting for the character wipe to happen and then start playing again. Speaking of which has it happened yet?

6. Mr. Brewski

The wipe was a few days ago. Spewing about it now, I had a nice lil stockpile of weapons saved up. Having the rest of the map to play with is nice but when I played last there was an acute shortage of melee weapons in the map...you get a torch when you spawn but the torch just doesn't cut it.

7. Nuutia

Nuutia Just Joined

I got a bat, flashlight, combat knife and a luger .22 as i today first logged in after wipe. Also there was 4 hats and a large backpack. I haven't even seen a torch yet.

Has anyone made us a clan yet? And what should it be called?

8. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

I will have to give it another go then thanks for the update. Does TOG have a clan made ingame already?

9. Amyame

Amyame Active Member

Ive been playing for a couple weeks now, had a good stockpile of weapons before the wipe but i was too afraid of losing them to ever take them out.

Almost everday i check the teamspeak channels (btw how about removing 1) and have yet to see anyone on, but ill keep checking. Id love to team up with one of you sometime. Also i have a few questions about some of the basics of the game.

My names ingame are; ElGordo, LostGirl, ElGordo2, Survivor7, Amyame

10. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

I'll make sure to hang out on the WarZ channel when I am playing. If anything if we haven't created a clan yet we can so we can get the overlay of names ingame so we don't shoot each other in the face. :p

11. Mr. Brewski

WarZ on Steam! Wow...did not expect that so quickly...apparently we should receive a key shortly that will allow us to register and run it through Steam

12. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

I decided to give the game another shot today as I hadn't touched it in ages. Nice to see some performance improvements, but the community is the worst. This is what I experienced.

Made a character, joined a server. Walked for a few minutes, shortly after leaving the safe zone I was shot in the back.

Made another character, joined a different server. Walked for a few minutes, shortly after leaving the safe zone I was shot in the back, again.

Tried a few more times, same thing happened. Now every character slot is filled with a dead character and I can't play for another 40 minutes unless I delete one, which isn't an issue now but would be with a more experienced one I imagine.

Is that all their is to this game? Just a handful of spawn points all camped by bandits?

13. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Is WarZ worth getting? I played DayZ quite a bit but got bored with all the PvP and stopped playing for a while - not sure whether to go with WarZ or not.

14. Mr. Brewski

Normally no, I've never experienced that. There are plenty of people that like to do the bandit thing but I tend to stick to lower pop servers and generally don't have too many problems with them.

For the price, absolutely. It is still quite buggy and doesn't have all of it's features yet but I think that it has a good future. They are rushing it out the door to beat DayZ standalone and get some Christmas sales, so at this stage it is still a little rough. It is similar to DayZ but more arcadey and more enjoyable in my opinion, with lots of cool stuff planned.

15. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Thanks Brew - I've been following it for a while but stopped short of investing time/money in the beta or alpha or whatever was running at the time. I might give it a go because you're right...pretty cheap at the moment.

16. Deranger

Deranger Getting Started

Now it's £9.89 on Steam.

Though I do regret paying the full wack a month or so ago, only as I spread my playing too thin across mulitiple betas/alphas and WarZ didn't capture my enthusiasm straight away (missing a fair amount of the content and did run into the spawn camper problem even on lower pop servers.. but not played enough to have a real opinion.)

Need more time to chill and play games ;)

17. Mr. Brewski

Classic first world problem right there...I'm a sufferer too, we should start a support group :p

I released another WarZ vid today talking a little bit about play style, the Steam launch and some other possible additions in the future. I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think. Cheers.

rockologist likes this.
  18. rockologist

rockologist Getting Started

Liking the vids Brewski :)

How much of a time commitment for the game for some satisfactory gameplay? Say in comparison to DayZ? Is there a lot of scoping out places from afar, sneaking through cover for a slow approach, jumping at every sound? Or is there more of freely wandering the landscape, looking at and finding cool stuff, and hoping not to get shot by dirty campers? Can i play for an hour or two once or twice a week and get some varied gameplay?

Mind you at the current price it's probably worth a try/experimenting.

19. Mr. Brewski

I probably only average a few hours a week atm but it's with my bro, so we can afford to be less cautious and more daring. I find that u need to be very careful in cities but in rural areas you don't have too much to worry about. With the recent increase in zombie numbers, they are now more of a concern than the bandits.

And thanks for the comment :)

20. Zedakiah

Zedakiah Active Member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012