The Queen

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Blue_Talon, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Got my first legendary drop (legendary item not engram) from a kill mission quest from the queens rep

Did a basic bounty for them, first time I submitted it I got a new mission which was the one where you fight Rickis (second mission in the game I think)

It's a level 24 very hard mission with super shielded enemies. Took a full clip of AR to bust shields on the shanks.

But it dropped a purple Titan chest called the the queens guard. Looks sweet too.

2. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

i have done a few bounties and got some mote .. the lvl 24 is a job for a team tried these shanks on my own and never made it or iic i did one hit from the boss and game over

3. Blue_Talon

Done it three time for 3 purple chest items.. Randomised bonuses.

Great upgrade materials farming so far.

4. Binary-Ninja

What gun you using as my yellow auto rifle does next to no damage to the shanks , let alone the boss ... It has 56 rounds and they are still standing

5. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Your auto rifle does no damage because like most primary weapons it's not elemental. You should be using an elemental weapon to take down shields, I think shanks have solar shields.

Also I ran 3 missions and each one had a burn modifier so if it has one of those then just use the relevant element and the whole mission will be a breeze. 2 rockets of the right element is all that's needed to take down a boss.

6. Binary-Ninja

Chief I have no idea what your talking about ... Mainly as I haven't paid attention to that stuff , can you explain it more or post some links on elemental stuff and what to use etc..

7. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

If I mission has a damage modifier on it, all damages will be boosted (for player and Enemies)

Look next to your weapons and they will have one of three possibilities: Arc (blue), Void (purple) or Solar (Orange).

Which ever one is being used on the mission, make sure to use a weapon that has it.

This works for regular enemies as well, Binary. If you see an enemy with a "orange" shield glowing around them, use solar and I GUARANTEE it will break VERY quickly. I do this all the time. Works like a charm :D See the vid below for more info mate.

8. Binary-Ninja

Finally think i need to stop throwing guns away dam it .. just tossed a purple pulse as i thought it was crap on impacts ...

9. Blue_Talon

I use a Galahad blue AR with a 35 round mag. I full clip to the head drops shields, second clip kills. I have super good advice for big fellows...

But the best is a good fusion rifle. I've got blues of all damage types and a couple of sniper rifles for some of the cabal enemies. Also take some ammo clips in too just in case.

My third one of these was the cabal spire mission in Venus. It's the hardest I've had in game yet. Could not solo, even 2 manning it was very difficult. But it can be easier with others when you focus fire....

10. Briareus

Briareus Getting Started

You definitely want to keep a spread of damage type weapons in the special and heavy weapon slots. Use the appropriate damage type to take down the shields, then switch to your primary to take down health. Fusion rifles and machine guns are my favourite - rocket launchers tend to miss more than I'd like :S

11. Binary-Ninja

The latest queen mission is hard def need 2 i got to ogre thing and was wiped out .. need one to draw fire others to kill it ..

But i have no idea how to setup a 3 player team for these things

12. Blue_Talon

Is that the summoning pit?

If so, bring a good scout rifle, go through the main door when you first see the boss. Head back the way you came. If you are in the room with the shrieked go back one more. You should be able to get LOS on part of the ogre and simply whittle him down. Can be soloed at level 26......

13. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

Abosolutely agree Talon.

This is the way I ALWAYS take down Phogoth in the summoning pits. I never go into the room and whats nice is that the Knights and Wizards only go so far into the room before they turn around.

Kill a few dudes. Mob on Phogoth. Shrieker appears in room. Retreat to previous room. Take out shrieker and wait for his purple bouncy balls of death to go away. Rinse and repeat. :D

14. Binary-Ninja

@Blue Talon it was Shrine of Oryx i got to ogre and it was over in one hit from his purple laser ... But then MixZ and i did a queens story strike last night in the black garden .. seeing as i was next to useless i played the role of medic shooting statues with sniper in between.. But we got some nice kits and i got a queens ship

15. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

There is a more efficient way that can be used for the pits right up to doing it on nightfall solo - that is intense

Pity this is a public forum ...