the DAoC character Thread

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Karmajay, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Syanara

Syanara Well-Known Member

I'm on Mid side , classic. I can't make an alb or hib unfortunately.

I also run with a father/son combo, where the son is only 19. We are going to re-activate our old Guild Zealots, just so we have a guild. Any Toggers are welcome to join us, but I can't join a Tog Guild due to age requirements.

If there does end up being a TOG guild on middie classic, we could alway's join up into the same alliance.

I think we should at least have a TOG forum on this site for DAOC. How would we go about asking moderators if that would be possible?

2. Valkazon

Valkazon Well-Known Member

Hey Syberia, correct, you can't create a Hib or Alb on the server you are on atm ie Lam, but I don't think there is anything stopping you creating a new toon on one of the other two classic servers. It's all in the same cluster so we can swap between servers and meet up real easy :)

3. Hardz

Hardz Active Member

Hey all,

I'm looking at re-activating (while waiting for WAR) and am trying to make sense of the character lists above to choose a server with a good number of TOG members on it... :)

Any advice?

Cheers

Hardz

4. Valkazon

Hey there Hardz,

Couple of choices really, you could pick one of the classic servers and be able to play with anyone else of the same realm on those - seems to be a mixture across them so depends which realm you want as to who you'll get to play with/against.

Otherwise, as you are reactivating, you could post as to which server/realm(s) you toons are on and see who is also there.

Or give one of us shout and come start on that sever cluster. I'm mostly spending time on Merlin - Mid, Igraine - Hib, and Gareth - Alb.

Hopefully see you in game soon :)

5. Elron

Elron Getting Started

Hi all
    I'm also thinking about reactivation. My characters are on pellinor hib but I'd be willing to start on a classic server. Is there any interest in starting a tog guild on a classic server and if so which one has the greatest numbers?

was there a TOG DAOC guild at one time? If so, what was it called. Seems a shame there isn't a DAOC forum to help organise things as people come back to the game.

6. Valkazon

Hi Elron,

I play hib on Igraine occassionally which is in the same cluster as Pellinor, so we could group up there if you want.
    As for classic servers, I'd say it's probably Alb that has the most TOG members atm. As far as I'm aware there wasn't ever a DAoC guild and I have enquired about a forum but to be honest I don't think we have the numbers of players to make it worthwhile.

7. Deadfyre

Deadfyre Well-Known Member

With War coming out soon this year, it is liable to be one of the last nails in DAoC's coffin (1st nail was ToA).

Which is sad, considering how much I enjoyed Daoc from release up till ToA.

How ever, I doubt any game company makes the same mistakes Mythic did with TOA.

For a game to have a separate forum requires a TON of posts by separate individuals to fill an initial 2-3 pages worth of posts, and show that there is a continued interest in it, enough so to form a division.

This might have been able to be pulled off in the past, but....

8. Milali

Milali Active Member

installing this tonight

anyone still around?

if so where at?

9. knightblade05

knightblade05 Just Joined

Hi this is Knightblade---i'm on the Gwahlur server:)

10. Milali

Milali Active Member

cool alb mid or hibs? and do you mean gareth not gwal as gwal is aoc :p

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  11. joeint

joeint Just Joined

New Recruit (GWAHLUR Server)

Ravn (toon Name)
    GWAHLUR (Server)

My application was accepted in the Barracks and I was told to submit in this thread for a guild invite. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

12. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Some questions on this game.

So it's only PvP.
    You only pay for the game then play online if free.
    Leveling is based on your killing enemies.
    How do you gain increases in weapons, armour etc.
    Are low level characters looked after for several levels before being subjected to full PvP

Thanks.

13. woozer01

woozer01 Just Joined

I also activated a AOC account today and sought out guild registration. Stormwarden originally posted the info. Hope this is cool for guild inclusion on AOC. Let me know if I need to do anything else. AOC name is Harrybutler on PVE Oceanic server. Thx to those in guild who gave me a hand tonight as well - very helpful.

14. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

In case you hadn't realised, this is for Dark Age of Camelot, not Age of Conan. Going to unstick this thread.

15. Troilat

Troilat ArcheAge Leader

Anybody else playing daoc ?
    I've moved most of my toons to the Ywain cluster. Lots of action :)

16. Valkazon

Started looking at DAoC again, mainly because the hint that they might be revisiting with a DAOC2, but have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the numbers playing. Went back a year or so ago and it was dead quiet, but it seems to have improved dramatically since then.

I'm on a 14day trial account just now, but once that expires I will be reinstating my old account and dusting off my old toons.

Playing on Ywain1 atm, and will look to do the free transfer of my toons to that server probably. It looks like, but haven't tested yet (update: yes you can), that you can be multi-realm on the same server ie I created a Hib toon to see how the game was, but it still seems to allow me to stay on that server and switch realm and create another toon Alb / Mid, which is great, and if true, will make transferring all my toons over so much easier.

Maybe DAoC is coming back to life - looks dated, and a bit cluncky by todays standards, but still has that special something.

Fingers crossed Mythic and EA have learnt from this and Warhammer, seen whats out there now, and bring out DAoC2

:bigthumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  17. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

There a TOG presence in DAOC?

I started with taht game when it was released... Notably one of the (if not THE) Best MMO's I ever played!

Many years ago... left when ML / TOA (Who wants to be a super hero) type game play took hold... Tried my hand at it a couple / few years later - all it was, was - Buffbots are us.

Anyone from the early days that has returned that can give some input as to the game play?

18. sigrid

sigrid Just Joined

i am a day one layer also, left it for SWG...did not know it still excists......is it playable on the iMac?

19. merwood

merwood Active Member

I've been thinking about replaying daoc .It was my 1 mmo ever and I primarily played it because I loved the lore and the rvr.

I'm currently dling the 14 day trial and will most likely play albion . I did play albion originally but ended up going to hibernia with a friend of mine .

The only thing is I take realm pride seriously . me being an old daoc player from 2004 so I'm most likely to stay alb .If anyone wants to form a albion tog guild then wonderful :)

20. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Did they ever do anything about chain mezzing?

It kind agot boring when I'd hve 8 or so guys out riding, and 2 others would chain mez us and kill us one by one for 2mins or so.