The BEST Engram Farming technique. PERIOD.

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Fall-Of-Enosis, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

Ok guys FORGET about the loot cave.

Having to fight to shoot around and dodge a bunch of other people.

This method is done on a story mission. So unless you have a fireteam with you, no one else will be there.

I have only been doing this method since yesterday, and have acquired TONS of blue engrams and two legendarys.

On top of it, the enemies will consistently drop "Black wax idols" which is a never-ending supply of glimmer boost. My glimmer is currently maxed out because of this. Watch this video below!

Two last reminders. (assuming you're on level 9 difficulty) Kill as MUCH as you can, you can even kill the two hollowed acolytes. Once this is done the Hollowed knight will retreat back inside.

Just make sure at least one of the Hollowed enemies (two acolytes, one knight) stays alive so it doesn't go to the next mission checkpoint , I usually go with the knight as he's easiest to spot and avoid.

Die. Rinse and Repeat.

Generally I make it a point to go out dancing. :D:cool:

Let me know how it works for you!!!!!!!

2. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

TY mate. Will check it out.

3. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Yeah. This is awesome. Great for farming kills for the super good advice exotic weapon bounty too.

4. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Definitely the best option for solo farming and with a black wax idol it's a great mix of engrams and glimmer. I do find cave to be far more effective for engrams if there's a few people though, plus it has public events for the ascendant mats and rep.

5. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Having done them both, I was shown this version first, IMHO the cave is the better option if you don't need the glimmer and you have at least one other person.

Both are decent, though neither is really needed and somewhat a waste of time and effort compared to just running about on a Patrol killing everything you coming across and doing the Public Events. Again, just my opinion. I've done a couple of hours of both though, but I guess that's my threshold.

6. Tassit

Tassit Getting Started

Call me lazy but, I still prefer the cave of wonders. Especially if there's people there, you get credit whether or not you kill anything.

7. Dryft

Dryft Getting Started

Yeah, I've done both and had far better results with the Cave

8. Ancient_One

What is this cave you all speak of?

Yesterday I did public events on Earth for a few hours, Mothyards and The Divide only, as they pop the most. During the wait between events I searched the caves and killed enemies around to achieve the dailies. Found about 10-15 chests in that period got 2 dailies done and the 2 collections on Venus and Mars to finish off. Engrams about 10 and Marks about 24.

I'm pretty happy with that. So if you're looking to team up you will find me their most nights.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  9. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

Why dont they just stick a big button at the Tower, press a button and get a random bit of loot

10. Gwinny

Gwinny Getting Started

I have tried both this version and the wonderous loot cave, personally I have better luck with the loot cave ... However I find it boring as hell. I enjoy chest farming while on patrol missions. I have gotten a couple legendary engrams from chests, quite a few ship schematics, tons of materials that I wind up exchanging for marks and gaining rep from patrols. Plus the added world event is a nice extra for rare upgrade mats.

11. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

The woken the hive method fails for me as well.... i killed like 100 of then died a few times like you should yet nothing dropped , tried doing this method a fews times yet nothing drops

12. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

Is good also ...

13. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

This goes for me as well....

The cave is SOOOO BORING. I sit there for about 5 minutes and I'm done....

Call me crazy, or stuck up, but I also find it a bit.... errr... just lackluster? Isn't it kind of defeating the purpose of strikes and raiding?

In otherwords, I'd rather be a lower level and have amazing stories about where my gear came from then to be a higher level and to just say, "Oh I had been at the cave for about an hour, and this legendary dropped."

Mind you, I'm not knocking on anyones playing methods, just telling you all how I feel lol. :D

14. Ancient_One

I think they were a little light on missions. All those planets and only around 6 - 10 missions on each. They could have doubled that to add to the fun factor and provided more story content.

Time will tell if the next story expansions will add something. Do you think they will go further out into space. That would be nice as well.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  15. Binary-Ninja

From some of the articles i read on Destiny the whole idea of this , was to be a long running game to be expanded upon.. What we now is only a small part , then we have 2 expansion packs .. But as with layout of game it looks like they will do major updates with 3- 4 planets at a time and maybe a few side stories that would meet with their long running goal.

16. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

You're crazy! You're stuck up!

;-)

But yeah, I agree - not sure what the point of this game is if you can just exploit like this and have legendary and rare gear just drop from the skies.

17. Binary-Ninja

Bort has anyone tried this today as i noticed a small patch for the game .. maybe they are patching some of these things

18. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

Me? Havent done any of these.

19. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

There was a bit of a nerf to some misisons

It really only affects the glimmer farming though, for engrams it's still fine. They haven't done anything to the cave either.

20. DataShade

DataShade Getting Started

Whereas I wasn't sure what the point was if the game doesn't even give you any kind of LFG system, or even a clan roster, making it easier to farm for loot than organize a group. =P