TERA - The MMO that makes WoW look like Runescape

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Dermaziel, Feb 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Primexes

Primexes Well-Known Member

Some people may get acess to the K-TERA version, via using game proxies to mask their IP and therefore miss the IP ban - for games such as Vindictus. Not sure if K-TERA realy cares where you are... as long as you know korean you might be able to get in.

What's the point though? Its hard enough struggling in a new game, albeit going into a new game and facing a language barrier. For those really 'hardcore' types - such as those who played Vindictus/Mabinoghi Heroes via IP masks and sucha s those who play KTERA or JTERA... the game experience is severely hampered. Language barrier, high end pings and also facing playing in a community that you are not familiar.

I think its worth the wait, i just hope, really hope that the game developers listen to their dedicated communicty to improve the game as need be.

i hear the release is pencilled in at about June? anyone here anything solid?

Prime!

2. Zyran

Zyran Retired Captain

Release date for NA/EU was just announced. TERA will go live May 1st!!

They are going to have several closed betas and an open beta before release. Everyone who signs up to beta test will get into the open beta. TERA Beta Sign-Up | TERA - True Action Combat

3. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

**Additional TERA News**

In addition to publishing a launch date TERA has announced a beta invite contest. By re-tweeting the announcement at this web address TERA community members are entered to win access to all beta events. Good Luck!

TERA Beta Retweetstakes | TERA - True Action Combat

4. DinoTrainer

DinoTrainer Getting Started

Public Live May 1st.

Collector edition - 23-24 April ? Head start for collectors edition. That's my guess on the new business/marketing model.

5. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

I personally will never buy another collectors edition. Maybe.

Still looking forward to release and all its nomminess.

6. Primexes

May 1st, awesome. can't wait. I have been doing a bit of research and reading for the start, as I am sure many of you have as well. I do really want to be in the beta, that would be cool.

Primexes.

7. DonY

DonY Active Member

Thats good news this is 1 of 4 ive been looking at. Looking forward to it. :)

8. Flintwick

Flintwick Retired Captain

9. Primexes

woah, woah, WOAH!

When L3 went down the tube, the developing group basically split into two - one group formed the dudes who made AION and used their material from L3 to craft it. Its almost the same story here at Bluehole. However, the only debacle is, have they taken things that they don't hold ownership or copyrights to?

For those of you with law degrees... the official court complaint

it looks bad for Bluesoft. but the question i ask though... were any of those individuals directly responsible for develpoping said trade secrets?

and two ... why don't they just release it in Australia? It clearly says "injunction of a US release.", doesn't say anything about Australia, nore does it state that they can;t have US hosted servers to support their "Australian" players.

you know it!

10. Misnik

Misnik Retired Architect

While it might work, its mostly just their attempt to protect what they see as theirs. By the date on the paperwork they waited until after EM released a date. So if they moved to another country they might try to do the same thing. Curious how this will effect frogster's EU release since they are partners with EM for the release.

Hopefully the Korean court isn't too far away. So far NC won the first court case and bluehole mostly came out on top with the second court. Now just waiting for the final one.

I hope this game comes out been looking forward to it.

11. Flintwick

Flintwick Retired Captain

Well, considering they have already been convicted of the offences in Korea, I very much doubt they will have much of a leg to stand on with the US lawyers :S

It will be interesting to see how this pans out however.

12. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

13. Misnik

Misnik Retired Architect

That's unfortunate :(

As far as the lawsuit goes:

14. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as bad publicity, right? ;)

15. Honourblade

Honourblade Getting Started

Hmmm so i guess hold out on the pre-order for the moment?

16. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

Indeed, I wouldn't gamble on this game. It would suck to spend a lot of money on pre-orders and game cards, only to have NC Soft pull the plug on your game, with no way to get your money back. :(

The law is based on precedence, thus if they have been convicted in Korea, then you can all be assured this is going to go very badly for Bluehole, as NC Soft is going to throw that Korean victory in Bluehole's face.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  17. Misnik

Misnik Retired Architect

Well depending on the place used for a pre-order, can still get your money back if you play the beta and don't like the game.

Any MMO or game for that matter its always difficult to determine if its worth the money or not. So the best way is to try it.

As far as the lawsuit goes, really it does seem to be an attempt by ncsoft to just slow down what they see as direct competition. This will be the third of four regions that Tera would be released in. So far they have not even attempted to sue the Japan firm at all, which has now been live for awhile. I have seen nothing posted about them going after frogster for the EU one either so far. So its difficult to say they are only after trying to protect their product information since they are ignoring some markets already.

As far as precedence goes, as far as I've been able to find out the courts did not find Bluehole guilty of the charges, and the courts also said in 2010 that Bluehole was not liable for the cash damages caused to NCsoft.

Now they did say the 5 specific ex-employees themselves were guilty. Currently NCsoft has an appeal to their highest court that hasn't come down yet.

So given that information I feel Tera itself has a pretty solid ground for success in the legal battle, but only time will tell.

18. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

I'll likely be pre-ordering at some stage. Even more likely is one day I'll realise it's released and just buy it.... :rolleyes:

19. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

Until now I'm not IP block from EU but I'll wait till release and see how things evolve.

20. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Well, Tera's EU sneak preview has been a complete disaster. Servers crashed straight away and they're not sure they'll be able to get them up for the weekend event at all.

This event was going to determine whether or not I buy the game so it's pretty disappointing.