TERA - The MMO that makes WoW look like Runescape

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Dermaziel, Feb 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

Nice find and this review echoes what I've been hearing.Let's hope that EME is doing the job.

The Boss with Male/Female avatar with Serpents head looks like another Boss located in the Dark Cathedral.Anyway I can't wait to give this game a try :)

2. Misnik

Misnik Retired Architect

Nice review. The crafting part is a little sad and I hope EME fixes that for the western version. The Korean version and the Western version will be close but unlike Aion EmE actually does have a fair say in the direction and development of the game. Its part of the reason there is still no release date, as they are adjusting and polishing the game specifically for the non-Korean audience. On release it will have all the major updates already as well.

I believe EmE said max level on release will be 58. I could be wrong there have to find that later. They did mention the battlefield being in for us, so they will be in a version slightly above what was in this review.

For people that don't want to read the review. The review they didn't say you had to grind, but that grinding was just more efficient/faster than normal game play. In Aion it wasn't a choice at all here it will be.

I do like how the review ended:

3. solarbear88

solarbear88 Well-Known Member

If this game is westernised properly it could be very successful.

4. Zyran

Zyran Retired Captain

It really sounds like they are working closely with Bluehole in order to do just that. They often refer to TERA as a global game because a lot of the feedback from the Western side has made it in for the Korean side as well. I just wish they'd run another CPE or beta or something. I want to get back into the game. ^.^

TERA E3 2011 Developer Chat

Some short Touts on the floor of E3. I loved that they gave us a bit of a glance of what was going on there.

5. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

En Masse is also working with some members of the community and the group is known as "The hands of Velika" if my memory is correct :)

6. solarbear88

solarbear88 Well-Known Member

Today as I ducked behind a rock and some jiblet's channelled spell continued to work its magic on me despite LOS, I got thinking of Tera and I hope its successful. The crap Tab Targeting of current MMO's needs to go.

Reminds me of the Global Agenda Ad.
    YouTube - ‪Global Agenda: No Elves‬‏

7. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

Pretty much. I am over tab/fixed targetting.

8. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

9. Misnik

Misnik Retired Architect

I imagine few to none really. For starters it requires a large active guild (woot go TOG we'll prob have a early lead) and even the pvp route still requires the same guild requirements. As far as popular vote goes if someone is it wouldn't be that difficult to rally the server to vote against them. Vote for me as my opponent is a gold farmer! :) Votes are currently every two weeks on the Korean version so the time in power is not likely to be very long if you turn people against you.

Also as discussed in the video doing any leadership action takes a certain number of points which is where having your large active guild supporting you really comes into play, and lot of friends besides to accomplish these tasks.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I honestly doubt it would last very long if it does manage to happen.

It was interesting that in the Korean version some large guilds made cross server alliances to get more players to create and level characters up on each others servers so those guilds could cast extra votes on the server.

10. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

Pretty interesting end game but I still have my doubts about it and need to know more :)

11. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

OMG! We used to do that in Asheron's Call to get our alliance/guild ranks up!

12. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

To be perfectly honest the main thing I am keen on is the targeting system, the rest is all just a bonus if it work well - oh and the pretty graphics :)

I don't have enough spare time to impact/participate in a political system a great deal, I really shouldnt be playing MMO's but I likes them too much :D

13. Brizzt

Brizzt Active Member

Came across this when watching E3 and the targeting system has got my ears peaked as well... Will keep an eye on this!
    If it comes out before SWTOR, might give it a go!
    The Old Republic does look like a re-skinned WoW with similar combat system and global cool downs which makes me a sad panda... but I guess at least the storyline will be epic!

14. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

Source - Transcript of Twitter Q&A session.

The lack of servers doesn't overly worry me, an unnoficial oceanic server suits me better than anything official anyway, as long as latency is dealt with nicely by the servers and the ideally have them located West Coast USA... the word Distribution does worry me. I hope I can even buy the thing - this goes against what I have seen in the past too, with them saying they are likely to have servers around the world including oceanic area. There were never any promises, just that they thought it was a good idea. Unfortunately I can't find anything of that sort right now lol.
    I am somewhat concerned they may IP block seeing as they said there are no plans for Distribution. Surely not.

15. Zyran

Zyran Retired Captain

From my intensive (okay downright obsessive) reading of the forums, they will not be blocking IP. At least they've told EUR players they will be able to play on NA servers. And there are a number of Oceanic making their voices heard as well.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for my good friends across the pond. :)

Snott likes this.
  16. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

Good news. I'm kinda hanging out for this game :)

17. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Not the best news ever for Tera fans. Apparently the game hasn't been doing so well over in Korea.

Source: Massively

18. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

I think it may be another Aion, if it even makes it to that stage. It seems to have stagnated somewhat after a flurry of activity - seems due to internal issues perhaps then.

19. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

Looks like the delay is definitely due to internal issues and on EnMasse Entertainment side, BrotherMagneto left the company last week for greener pastures :(

TERA - The First True Action MMO :: Forums

20. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

Well guys, it's official... Tera has been pushed back until "Spring" 2012!!!

:bigcry:

So that translates to around June 2012. Thus we have at least another year before the first possibilities of Tera being released into our grubby little mitts. This is really disappointing news. I was hoping to get some play time with Tera before Star Wars was out later this year, but it looks like Tera is going to get overshadowed into obscurity, with these other triple A titles hogging the limelight.

TERA - The First True Action MMO :: Forums