Switch - Pokemon Let's Go!

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Ebonytears, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Ebonytears

Ebonytears Queen of the Abyss Staff Member Moderator

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-01-pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-eevee-guide-release-date-5010 (Everything you need to know about Pokémon on Nintendo Switch in one place)

This is not a core game (which is due in 2019). Instead it is a remake of Pokemon Yellow with added components. For example - to throw the pokeball you must use a gesture with the joycon.

You can also get a Pokeball controller that allows you to carry a pokemon around with you (it makes noises)

This is an interesting addition. Not only does it tie in with Pokemon Go (you can transfer pokemon from Go to the switch and send gifts from the switch to Go) but it's also a good way for Nintendo to test out certain Switch only type moves that can then be integrated into the core game next year.

Do I have it preordered? Yes - I'm getting Eevee.
    Do I have the Pokeball preordered? Are you kidding?! Have you seen that thing?! I can actually catch pokemon by pretending to throw a real Pokeball at them!! Of course I have one preorded lol

2. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

You can also play 2 player couch co-op.

Did you get the Pokemon Quest game that just came out on the nintendo e-shop?

3. Ebonytears

Ebonytears Queen of the Abyss Staff Member Moderator

Yep, haven't had a chance to play it much but it looks like it could be rather addictive.