[SWG] Some words about Mos TOG

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by RogueSlayer, Feb 27, 2004.

1. RogueSlayer

RogueSlayer Retired Captain

Greetings fine citizens of Mos TOG

I would first like to start of by saying thank you. Thank you all for being a member of this beautiful city. Without you, this city would not have the characteristic and or beauty that it has today. Each and every one of you has added your own special element to the city. For that, I thank you. You also should be proud of your accomplishment in getting this city started and keeping it thriving and strong. For that, I also thank you.

As with the mayors that came before me (Rickhum and Py-Or), I will strive to keep this city of ours growing and strong. This will not always be an easy task, but with the help and support of our fine citizens, I am sure we can make this happen. There will be some changes going on in the city limits over the next few weeks. A few of these changes will include a new merchant area around the shuttle port which will enhance two stores already in that area with a third on the way, as well as Mos TOG’s very own museum. Both of these are pending the demolition of a few structures in town. Once that is complete, we will get both of these rolling out. Also, we will be seeing more city events. Some designed to bring money into the town, while others will just be to bring bodies into town. Hopefully getting our crafters some extra income and building our population at the same time. One of these that was scheduled before my taking office is a slave auction. I will also be hosting the “Valcyn’s Mightiest Mayor†contest within our city walls. One of the biggest things forthcoming to our city is the official Mos TOG website. I am very excited about this.

Those are just a few things you should expect to see in the coming days, weeks and months. With such changes and endeavors comes one other thing. Cost. For a period of two weeks I will be monitoring our city treasury cash intake. Within a day or two after that, I will publish my plans to keep our city running. I will say now that I do have a very good idea of where we are, where we need to be and how we will get there. This will be a very aggressive plan. Not such that it creates hardships for anyone, even new arrivals to the Valcyn Galaxie, but one that will see us grow our city into what can and should be.

Over the next few weeks, you can expect to see more communications from me. The first few will include a more in-depth look at city “attractions†as well as the city’s financial health as I have already mentioned. Also, you will be able to provide your own input at that time and make your voice heard. Also, all future communications will take place here in this same forum. When they are posted, I will send out an in game e-mail to alert all of you.

Thank you all and be well

RQL

2. Derelict

Derelict Retired Administrator

Jeesh... a few days in office and he sounds like a slimey politician already... :roll: :lol:

3. Py-or

Py-or Active Member

what he said LOL

down with Rogue!!!!!!

nah just kidding mate... great ideas to be looked forward to .....

4. Macca

Macca Well-Known Member

He has the correct name, all politicians are rogues :mrgreen: :wink:
    As a new arrivee, will help where I can. Any one need some hides or eggs :D

5. Yashean

Yashean Getting Started

Bay bring me the eggs I'll pay you for them and bring the hide by too I might need that as well. Good thing we don't have babies in this game or Rogue would have his lips all over them :roll: :wink: .

Just kidding, :lol: really good ideas Rogue and if you need me to move one or both storages that I have across from the shuttle port just let me know.

Yashean

6. Bennett

Bennett Active Member

When can we expect some more information regarding the market near the shuttleport. Just wanna sort out my vendor soon. :)

7. Xtreme

Xtreme Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me boss. What about a hotel? Do they have those in the game?

8. RogueSlayer

RogueSlayer Retired Captain

It is Grim's house and Brendas house that we need to go away. Grims house is where the new museum will be. Once Brenda's house is gone. Sappho will get a new house and place it a little further back from the shuttle than Brenda's is currently. This is where her med vendor will be. Also, this will effectively leave some room in front for a vendor tent or two. As of this writing, Grims house is sitting at 69%. So, it will be a little while before that one is gone. Brends's should go around 10 days or so after his. In other words, we have time to sit and wait. :lol:

There are no player city hotels. Did you want to rent a room? :? :lol:

9. Bennett

Bennett Active Member

Thanks Slayer. I'll just keep my vendors where they are then for the time being. :)