Suggestions for a 2nd frame?

Discussion in 'Warframe (Public)' started by hastarin, Aug 3, 2014.

1. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

So I'm enjoying Excalibur and loving the game.

I'm looking to spend some money on it soon and figure that might involve buying a 2nd frame, and probably slots, etc

Any suggestions for what to get to give me a different mix would be welcome. I was thinking a support type. Trinity sounds interesting but a quick Google sounds like she may not be ideal... Frost sounds like he could be fun...

Another option may be to go nuts and buy a Prime Access to get Loki.

Anyway, input from those who have been playing longer than I (ie weeks/months instead of days) would be welcome.

Though I reserve the right to make an impulse decision before any feedback is obtained. :D

2. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Rhino is cheap and easy to farm.

Mag is a good frame for solo

3. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

I'd suggest you consider Volt. It's incredibly good against Corpus targets after you level it.
    Blueprints are available in the clan dojo.

4. roob

roob Retired Captain

how come ?

She is probably my most played warframe and If I play her right, she can't die. Energy heal, damage reduction , infinite range group heal. She just lacks a big damage ultimate like most other frames.

It's good to have a frame that can survive or to have a frame that can clear a room though.

Survival type frames are limited and it's one of the reasons why you see rhino running around quite a bit.
    He's usually the one I recommend to have as part of anyones first 3 slots.

Every frame is good for something, some are better at certain things than others. That's what's good about the game. Nearly all the frames are useful in the end.

Except Oberon :p

5. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

Trinity is my go-to for farming and survival. She's not as over powered since they nerfed Blessing, but she's still good.

6. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Thanks for the feedback all.

Value for money, Prime Access is going to prove too tempting to ignore. I just need to decide how crazy I can afford to be... So my 2nd frame is likely to be Loki Prime.

I'll ignore the random comments I read about Trinity and try her out in the coming weeks, once I manage to get past my current roadblocks (Interception/Defense missions) and unlock more planets.

It's annoying when there are so many frames that sound like fun. :D

I haven't explored the clan dojo fully yet. I'll have to figure that out further soon.

7. BlackIce

BlackIce Guardian Captain

My favourite frames are Nova (Damage) and Vauban (Control). Frost is the ultimate control frame, and you can solo defense missions with it. I don't play it much myself, but it would have to be General Dooms top character.
    A party with Vauban and Frost can make anything a breeze. Add in a DPS character of your choice and its over.

I also like Saryn, as a very tough DPS. It can handle itself against most foes, while still having a screen wiping ultimate power. Its a lot more survivable then nova, volt etc.

8. Wobin

Wobin Well-Known Member

If you were to purchase a frame, I would suggest Vauban or Hydros as currently being the most difficult to obtain in-game, due to various mechanics (time limited alerts for Vauban, requiring you to be online at the right time to get the parts, and Hydros requiring the collection of very rare drops in order to craft the item to triangulate the boss).

The rest of them are pretty easy to grind up once you have a good base to work from, and we can easily pull you along to whichever boss drops the frame parts to grind out a frame.

The starter frames are all very good value for the 75 plat, as that also includes a slot and a potato for the frame. (That's inclusive of 20plat for the slot and 20plat for the potato, so 35plat for the fully built frame)

9. FRIENDLYUNIT

FRIENDLYUNIT Well-Known Member

Personally I love my Loki. Possibly not for everyone but good survivability with decoy and invisibility. Decoy is also useful for limited crowd control in defence and invisibility lets you get the x4 melee bonus (not sure if you use radial blind on your Exal much, I didn't).

Now I've mastered the normal version I'd love to get my hands on a Prime version.

10. Wobin

Wobin Well-Known Member

Radial disarm is ridiculously powerful when stretched out to max. Turns everything into an Infested Defense party.

Also watching Moas try to kick you is entertaining.

11. FRIENDLYUNIT

FRIENDLYUNIT Well-Known Member

I keep hearing this but for some reason I just don't end up using it. Not sure why.

12. Wobin

Wobin Well-Known Member

Also, Excal's Radial Javelin plus Mag's Bullet Attractor == One Shot Kill.

Similarly with Mirage's Prism.

13. roob

roob Retired Captain

We did some grineer missions last night and with radial disarm it really makes them a lot easier.

I just powered with trinity and the AoE range on disarm can pretty much cover anything that is within shooting range of the pod. It turns it into an infested type defence, where everything comes in close to die (just no disruptor ancients ;) )

14. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

For those that don't know I've gone with Loki Prime via the Prime Access. That means I had plenty of platinum too so I've bought the two frames Wobin suggested as well (Vauban and Hydroid), along with a few sentinels, so I'll be levelling those next.

I've maxed the powers for both Loki Prime and Excalibur (except his jump) and really need those Rares now to max out range/duration/power.

I'm quite enjoying Loki and can see it being one of my favorites. His decoy is great when deployed properly on defense, and Invisibility is invaluable for Survival or resurrecting downed teammates.

Must... collect... them... all... :D

15. Wobin

Wobin Well-Known Member

definitely buy the colour palettes with some of that plat, and a syandana or two, the options that gives you for colour combos is worth it for an awesome look =)