State of the game - April 2016

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by BishopNZ, Apr 21, 2016.

1. BishopNZ

BishopNZ Well-Known Member

2. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

Giving Phoneix Credits to me or others who have 1000 now is next too useless as you cant spend them on anything that benefits that character hence why i have so many .. They haven't changed stocks of main armour and the level 204 gun is at a ridiculous price that the small credits given wont help ...

We also have to remember to play in next months DLC we need to be at gearscore 220 and the way they have restructured game makes it very hard for casual or players who cant get all t he gear required .. So a measly 150 credits wont help .. They would of been better off gifting a piece of armour or weapon to help players ..

3. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

I watched Skill-Up's response to that announcement and I found myself agreeing with him. Not being able to play the game for THREE weeks through no fault of your own is unacceptable, and Massive should have been a far more generous in compensation. The fact that I could get that number of phoenix credits and crafting mats in a few hours grinding makes a bit of a mockery of the whole affair.

4. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

atleast the survey was a step in the right direction (but highlights that they don't know what to do). unfortunately the glitching and cheating, etc has really screwed the game up, esp now in the DZ. I would've preferred that they have a PvP dedicated area of the map (where you sort of join the bad guy Agent's team) and a PvE area (current DZ but you can't damage other agents but the place is FULL of NPCs so calling in extractions is still difficult). It doesn't make sense that the DZ has guys from your unit who can suddenly kill you - that's just plain stupid. If they're bad, they're bad. Maybe make the PvP DZ have much higher loot but it becomes quite deadly.

5. Binary-Ninja

I would be far happier if they fixed the dark zone with gankers and innocent people who are at the end of this abuse who lose 1500 DZ points + 1500 DZ $ when you die for no reason .. Also those locked out for 3 weeks deserve far more then 500 credits

As a solo you cant really rank up in there because the gankers just kill any randoms on sight whether or not they have any gear because they have dailies and weeklies now which bring in players..

Past few days in DZ i have almost gone backwards and wont be able to get to level 50 because of this going on .. Even gets to the stage these groups are doing this so you can complete your daily / weekly quota

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  6. Pharoah

lol you know what the biggest problem with this game is? Its us the players. The game is designed with a certain path in mind....it takes a few fk wits to abuse it and turn it into what it is now...then blame the developers for giving them a crappy game! lol. Notwithstanding the bugs (backpack, etc) though.

7. Binary-Ninja

Pharaoh i would say its not "US" the players it is SOME of players who are ruining game for others ....

**** please note it is us , them etc.. NOT USA **** :)

8. Xethrion

Xethrion Just Joined

I know this isn't D3, but I feel the overall structure of the game has something to do with the rampant use of exploits.

That is : Playing the game as the developers intended you to play (One piece of guaranteed 240/214 set item per week), as well as the multiple layers of RNG involved in both crafting and drops, and how stingy the current crafting system is, means that your rate of upgrades is exceedingly slow. Having played other games with loot based progression, it feels like the developers are purposely slowing your progress down to try to hide the fact that there just isn't very much endgame content currently

I know a lot of people will say : Well, then that's the way you should play it!

However, that argument doesn't hold, because people (myself included) want to see some progress for our time that we put into this game. I can only play 1-2 hours per night on a good day, and I want those hours to feel like they meant something, rather than a slow grind to accumulate credits/PXC/crafting mats/DZ rank

This game feels like vanilla D3, where it was so unrewarding and disrespectful of your time, that a lot of players burned out on it, myself included.

I am hopeful that Massive will pull a 'Reaper of Souls' esque turnaround for this game, but it might be too little, too late.

I just grinded enough XP to DZ rank 75, enough to buy the M1A and Aug BPs, if they ever come back, and I'm dreading the crafting mats grind in order to get a good roll out of those BPs.

TLDR : Progress in this game is slow, unrewarding, and does not respect the time players put into it. This is, I feel, the main reason why so many people exploit, in order to feel a reasonable sense of progression without playing 12 hours a day, 7 days a week

9. Pharoah

yeah agree. People are going to exploit...but when it significantly impacts you (eg. I've watched YT vids of rogues just waiting outside regularly used DZ entrances) and, because of the exponential benefit to your weapons through other stuff, you have basically no chance to escape...its crap.

10. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

Anyone else want to issue the Voight-Kampff test to the gaming community:

"You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you, you reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

Do you:

1. Help the tortoise?
    2. Force it to race you and after defeating it, kick it back over and run away yelling "git gud nub! ROFL YOLO!"
    3. Kill it?
    4. Kill it and steal its stuff?
    5. Get three of your friends together and do 2 -4 above?"

11. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

Maybe they should do like in EVE Online and have auto-turrets at all DZ entrances and safe houses that only targets rogue agents. That way you get safe zones around those areas.

12. Binary-Ninja

Would be a good idea ... My issue past few days , week + in DZ has been several groups of gankers , griefers etc are usually hanging around DZ01 / 02 areas .. One time i entered W31 ST entrance i think is name and turned left to go down the subway stairs area where the purple and then the named elite usually is to try and complete a daily / weekly quota .. i was shot in back instantly by a group who either did it for fun or didn't want me to kill anything there .. so i lose a heap of DZ $ and DZ EXP .. i suppose they collected that

I respawn at another gate run around for a bit to find more enemies to kill for the quota and same thing happens again .. So basically you cant complete your missions as you lose too much exp , $$ and just go backwards making DZ completely pointless and means people cant complete the gear sets before next DLC ..

13. Nefarious*au

Nefarious*au Active Member

There are several big changes, in my humble opinion, that need to happen to keep the game going into future. The main one is the grind - it's just ridiculous. The effort required to get mats to craft 1 item is ridiculous. Especially when that item you craft has the most absurdly low chance of being even close to what you want. The recent change to mats was stupid. They countered it by saying that they were trying to lower the importance on crafting high level items and had increased HE drops from both Challenge missions and the DZ. But what's happened is the yellows that drop are only level 30 items. The drop rate of level 31 items is, as far as I can tell, basically the same as it was before. So instead of trash purple we're just getting trash yellow. And if you do manage to get a level 31 drop then you're faced with more ridiculous RNG prayers that it'll even have stats you want.

The RNG hell on gear has got to go. It's simply ridiculous. There are very specific stats that people chase for roles. So make the gear reflect the role. "That's a DPS chest piece" "That's a healer / utility chest piece" etc etc.
    Gear sets should essentially be the same, with slight increases per item level. Stats on a 191 chest from the incursion should be the same as stats on the 240 from the incursion, just lower. You could clear the challenge mode Incursion non-stop for a week and not get a drop that suits you because of this RNG silliness. As it stands, GS is almost irrelevant already - you could have a full set of 240 gear but, for all I know looking at you, it's covered in stats like XP bonus and burn resistance.

Weapons and talents.....I think we need to be able to re-calibrate them. Especially on crafted items anyway. Like Xeth said - it's taken him ages to grind out the DZ level to be able to buy the BP's (if they ever actually come back) for the good weapons, yet now he knows he's going to face an enormous grind to gather mats to craft about 15 of each one until he gets one with good talents.

Overall, the main point was also made by Xeth. There's just no feel of progression or reward for the absurd amount of time you've gotta put in to obtain anything. The nature of RNG means it's quite possible that I could spend 3 hours in the game and have the absolute best gear combo possible. But it also means I could spend 3 months in it and have shite. It's gotta change.

14. Binary-Ninja

@Nefarious The other factor is supply of these higher end pieces (green).. You cant get all of the blueprints , You cant buy them .. DZ is pointless as you don't get them from drops .. So not only have they nerfed the mats to create them they have need the sources for others who cant do incursion etc..

The reality of all of this will come out next month when you have to be at gear score 220 in order to do the next DLC .. What happens to the casual gamer or those with family , job and general life commitments who cant get the gear to be at this level .. Seems they will just be left behind ..

I also agree about the re-calibrate as you only get to recalibrate one item on the piece which is total rubbish .. You should be able to craft what you want to change it ..,

15. Nefarious*au

Nefarious*au Active Member

Totally agree. Two or three people are above 210. And yet it seems that the new incursion is aimed at people who have almost a full set of 240 gear. How on earth did they ever think that was going to be achievable by next month? Even if the glitches hadn't happened it's totally inconceivable that in about 8 weeks you'd get 6 set pieces of gear that suit you.

16. Binary-Ninja

One of the game reviewers last few days did a pretty good break down on this basically saying what is required to get the required gear score is way beyond many in the time ..

6 x this level item + 3 x this level item etc that is not allowing for double ups of what you already have or low level gear or bad rolls on perks etc.. Then take into account those who cant get the gear due to other issues..

Their timeline was way off and MAINLY the only ones with full kits will be exploiters

17. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

The developers tacitly aid exploiters by making it harder to do certain things but at the same time not penalizing those who cheated.

The phoenix credit debacle springs to mind as an example.

The only people being hurt by this convoluted and unnecessarily complex loot system are those who are trying to play within the rules.

18. Pharoah

are you guys still playing it? oh and what does RNG stand for?

19. Topfuel

Topfuel Well-Known Member

RNG I think its random number generator

So far the cheaters havnt effected my gaming experience, I dont play DZ because they really need to sort that out and I enjoy running challenge modes for loot, if the loot is too easy to get we will will runout of things to do quickly.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  20. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

I'd like a "Grand Tour" style challenge.

• Once a week - 24 hour limit once you start - Start at the top of one side of the map and work your way around the DZ to the top of the other side of the map killing every named boss and his pals on the streets, with them being at least one or two levels higher than you at each encounter.
    • Once you start you have to go on foot the whole way and do it in a specified (linear) order.
    • Fast travel would reset the mission.
    • You have to run the whole way fighting as you go, stopping in at safe-houses for ammo/supplies etc.
    • Make it doable in groups or solo with a higher difficulty level and a guaranteed high level drop at the end.