Starting fireteams?

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Coralon, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Coralon

Coralon Active Member

Can anyone outline the simplest way to create parties, send invites or interact with friends ingame?

Ingame invites seem like a fleeting moment, you get a 3 second window to accept. I am not certain the effect of joining a friends game has, does this auto party and join you to their game or does it drop you both into orbit effectively messing up their session?

Having hit level 20 and with the story line done I am onto the grindy part that is always best [STRIKE]projected onto[/STRIKE] enjoyed with others with a similar outlook versus the PUG.

2. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

what console ? .. if xbox one you can join your friends by doing so throughout the consoles friends list >> join game this will be available if there is a free spot .. Invite s done in orbit press the Y key to bring up destiny friends then invite

3. Coralon

Coralon Active Member

Xbone, sorry I should have mentioned that.

I know 'how' to invite and join, the problem is manners I guess. With PC games you can jump on comms, call each other names and presto; party formed. But with the console its jumping into someones game unannounced or hoping they are at the controls to see an invite or are not to busy to accept. Just curious how well this works for others?

4. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

I often either just drop in on someone, or send them a message via Smartglass. Sometimes I'll drop into their party or invite them to one first to chat before joining the game or inviting them to mine.

The game is geared to co-op play. I'm sure most TOG would prefer folks team up rather than run about solo. Just be sure to announce yourself ASAP if you join a party/game like you would a room on TS.

5. Binary-Ninja

yeah anyone free to drop in and help me out .. i wont complain and i would think many of the other TOG players would think similar ..

6. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Options > Roster > Click on their name > Invite to (your) Fireteam or Join (their) Fireteam.

7. Coralon

Coralon Active Member

The xbox gods were kind tonight and after a few false starts Binary and I got a short strike in. I think for Party & Game to work you both need to be on each others friends lists but for a straight ingame works as normal.

8. Gwinny

Gwinny Getting Started

If anyone needs help and you see me on ... Feel free to ask. I'm usually just doing bounties or farming.

9. Corwin

Corwin Active Member

I'm still in story and only level 10 but wouldn't mind people dropping in to lend me a hand. (XBONE)

10. Binary-Ninja

Coralon you also got that nice Gold treasure chest once we cleared that room :)

11. Briareus

Briareus Getting Started

Join Fireteam > Say "Hey what's up?" is the best bet IME. Everything else is extremely limited at this stage, although Bungie made a point of addressing this as something they'll fix 'soon'.