Starbase Game - Are you interested?

Discussion in 'Games: Member articles & research.' started by Rukus308, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Rukus308

Rukus308 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What is this?
    Starbase is a hybrid voxel/vertex-based space MMO with a fully destructible and infinitely expanding universe, with a focus on building and designing spaceships and stations, exploration, resource gathering, crafting, trading, and combat. It will use a B2P (Buy to play) model and so just a base game purchase, no monthly subscriptions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When can we play it?
    The developer’s goal is to start Early Access before the end of the year, so sometime in the next two months if it’s not officially delayed, but nothing on that yet.

The video link below is too a playlist of the trailer and all the feature videos they have done so far, I’d admit the trailer didn’t do it fully for me but the feature video’s hooked me line and sinker so I highly recommend watching the whole playlist if it seems like your type of game

Links
    Official Site
    Official Wiki
    Unofficial FAQ (Lots of Dev collected comments from Discord, good read, majority of stuff still correct)
    Weekly Progress Updates

[​IMG]

Are you interested?
    The main purpose I wanted to achieve with posting this thread was to get an idea on how many Togger’s have an interest in giving this game a go once it hits Early Access, MMO’s are by far the best in groups and I’m hoping there might be decent-ish amount of people keen to give it a try also. If you are keen please post a reply regarding and I'll add your name to the list below

Interested List:
    - Rukus308
    - Gavor
    - SoulStealer
    - Foxman
    - Backcracka
    - Modley

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  2. Gavor

Gavor Well-Known Member

Interested

Rukus308 likes this.
  3. SoulStealer

SoulStealer Getting Started

I'm definately interested, hit me up when available
    Steam Account name - mongoose171

Rukus308 likes this.
  4. Rukus308

Awesome lads! Looking forwarded to gaming with you guys once Early Access hits :D SoulStealer I'll add you to steam tonight, I'm mostly on Discord though, same user name as my forum one "Rukus308", feel free to add me. Will add you both to the list above along with Foxman who is also interested.

See if we can rally up some more troops yeah.
    Would love to see enough interest to warrant a Division but time will only tell.

Looking forward to jumping a ship/station, shotgunning the hinges off doors and pumping bullet holes into the generators (Happy place) :D and the PvE elements too of course.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  5. SoulStealer

@Rukus308 Ive added you on Steam, My Discord is SoulStealer#1327

Rukus308 likes this.
  6. Backcracka

Backcracka Getting Started

hey yes, I'm down for this game. Looks like fun.

Steam handle is Backcracka, account is Wushi1979
    Discord Back Cracka#5486

Rukus308 likes this.
  7. Rukus308

Hey Backcracka, welcome to TOG mate, good to have you on board, I've added you to the "interested list", hopefully the team size will keep growing and we can get ourselves a nice little group for Early Access launch

Backcracka likes this.
  8. Backcracka

Wow just read the min/recommended PC spec. Recommend 1080Ti! Holy smokes, haha.

9. Rukus308

lol yeah lets hope thats not the case. Don't take those specs to literal for now, most of the Starbase developers workstations are running GTX 1060's, with the odd dev running a 1080ti, which is what they decided to use as system requirements for the moment lol, in reality the min specs are more like a baseline for decent performance and quality, hopefully the recommended spec's get tapered back at Early Access.

10. Rukus308

Forgot to mention that there's weekly progress updates on the game found here:
    https://forum.starbasegame.com/forums/progress-reports.38/ (Progress reports)

(Week 43) Liking the look of that new unpainted (and probably unfinished) gunship, also that small ship chilling on the asteroid, yea old hide before an attack styles maybe, outside of just a size comparison.

Keen to do some group mining day one with anyone else interested, would also be neat to work on a group mining ship, maybe something like from the expanse TV show were whole asteroids are loaded in or tractor beam pulled back home, or whatever seems to be the best approach to big resource gathering

SoulStealer likes this.
  11. Backcracka

I'm down for whatever the game delivers. I enjoy crafting, survival base building games. Bonus it is in space ;)

SoulStealer likes this.
  12. Rukus308

Yeah same here mate, should be really interesting to see how the community shapes the in-game experience

New Starbase feature video has dropped:

Backcracka likes this.
  13. SoulStealer

I lack patience want it already haha

Rukus308 likes this.
  14. Rukus308

Hahaha that makes two of us then :D there is suppose to be a couple of weeks of a closed Alpha/Beta before Early Access and they still want Early Access to be before the end of the year, so cross fingers it doesn't get delayed, even Decembers a bit of a wait.

15. Modley

Modley Getting Started

Rukus308 likes this.
  16. Rukus308

Good stuff man :D updated the "Interested list".

17. Backcracka

I'm checking Steam daily to see if it's out, haha

Rukus308 likes this.
  18. Rukus308

I like your dedication lol :D I have a feeling from what the DEV's have commented on that we probably won't see Early Access hit until mid/late December :eek: unfortunately, would love to be proven wrong though. On a positive note they have suggested people in the closed alpha/beta (whatever it is) before Early Access should be allowed to stream and review it, so at least we should get some kind of media to help easy the waiting pains.

19. Rukus308

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  20. Rukus308

Another Starbase vid has landed, this time a sped up very small ship build (smallest bike like ship in game)

This guys vids on the ship building process (As much as we know about it anways) is pretty good too:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Backcracka and Foxman like this.