Stalker

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Parkey, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Well-Known Member

heheh wait until you get dogs, boars and blood suckers all giving you a bit of a heads-up :)

2. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

hahaahahah just killed my first bloodsucker.

I had to kill him in the windmill.

I ran in thinking he was up the top then heard a loud noice turned around and he was right in front of me.

Ok turning it off untill I change my undies.

3. Wayfarer

Are you talking about the invisible ones? They aren't the blood suckers. The BS guys are the doods with the pipe in their face. The invisible guys were hiding in the old gas station in Duty which you might have had a shot at much earlier in the game.
    The invisible guys are scary MFkers. Have you worked out the secret of dispatching them?

4. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

I have only seen one invisible guy yet. He killed me, it was in the forsest. Hmmm strange about duty as I have not seen any one of them there. I spend alot of time there as well. I joined Duty, and one of my missions was to kill the Freedom base. Well what a slaughter house. Took around 12 bandages but I loved it.

I have to now go the army barracks for some radio transmitter. Now this is hard, these army dudes are well armoured.

5. Wayfarer

I enjoyed that bit. How do you get time to play during the day?

6. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

I work for myself at home. This time of year is just dead for me now. So instead to doing stuff around the house I use my time more wisely. :D

BTW: anyone used the RPK? I sold it because of its weight. But now thinking I should have kept it for the army base.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  7. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

No I haven't. I go through a couple of rounds, 3 bandages, 2 medi packs everytime I come up against them. The ones in the forest always get me, I here the scream and next thing I know they are right next to me.
    I made the worst mistake, dont know when I did it but I sold my best artifact. I must have got mixed up with another one I had. I gave me +6 sprint. So If I was under 45kg I would never run out of sprint. Great for the forest run.
    Just entering the the street battles now.

Am I correct in saying the last trader is in the mine, which is next to the forest?

8. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains

I've shot those invisible guys with shotguns and rifles to no effect. How do you kill them?

9. TJet

TJet Well-Known Member

You need to wait for them to become visible when they get close to you. Aim for the head.

10. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

They are scary things. :eek:

11. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

Well it gets damn hard. Just worked my way through the construction site. What a fight. There were 22 enemy units. Lucky for me I had my trusty grenade laucher. That thing just rocks! :D

12. Wayfarer

QFT, but I didn't have a gren launcher... only the Vintar, TS301 and the machine gun. I ran out of ammo and had to sneak in to steal dropped weapons. Took me ages.

You've almost caught up to me, I found the next part fun.

13. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

Well I count myself as a fairly good FPS but this part is hard. You up to the bridge part yet where you have to go through the teleports to kill this general? Forgotton his name now.
    The baddies just keep coming. And yes like you I am out of ammo. Did you ever use the RPK? I found it terrible.

14. Wayfarer

I've just arrived at the reactor too and have no idea how to solve this one. I've hit the ground and found another elevated position to try and take him out from the side, but he hides behind a fence which stops the BFG from giving him grief. Then he runs off giving you a few pot shots at him, but he's lost from sight very quickly. I can only find one way up/down so I can't flank him after he's run away.
    I've tried dumping everything from my pack and bolting through the guards with grenades but they're one-shot-one-kill bots :(

15. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

Yep my problem as well. Tried the old sprint thing. But the big problem is once you get through the first teleport you arrive to another location which is even worse. In the end you cant see him anymore as your too busy trying to stay alive.

What artifacts have you got?

16. Wayfarer

The bleeder.... I didn't go after artifacts; just relied on dress sense :)

17. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

LOL

Down by the blown up bridge that has to be lowered I found my best artifact. + 6 health + 2 radiation. I found another with - 3 radiation which went well with it.

If I get wounded now I dont lose health. But against the 1 shot bots no good.

18. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

Ok this is really crap.

I get my way right to the end. I climb the ladder to have the side shot on him.

Then you wont believe it but for some unknown reason the Gause gun will do zero damage to him. Bug/Glitch no sure. Strelok just stands there coping headshot after headsot but wont move. Apparantly this is normal. But the part where he doesnt take a hit isn't. Please dont tell me I can't kill him.

Anyone else finished it? Am I right in saying that you climb a ladder and shoot him from height?

19. Wayfarer

Just finished. I was looking at giving up because there was no way forward from spawn.
    I didn't have enough armour or health (bandages etc) to tackle the portal guards so I went to ground looking for a way to take them out as a last ditched attempt.
    Strelok fell off the pipeline so I was able to take him out... saved by a bug! :)

20. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

Yeah well I dont think I'm going to be able to finish it due to a bug. Might have to go back to the start where I get given the gause gun. That is frustrating but oh well.

How much health did you get him too?