Sony Gold Headset

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Ludy, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Ludy

Ludy Well-Known Member

PlayStation® Gold Wireless Headset | PS3?, PS4?, PS Vita Accessories - PlayStation®

I normally dont post in the open section but wanted to give a quick review. These are a bit expensive but have been working like a champ for me. If you have a few extra bucks and looking for something to chat with fire-team members and keep the noise down while family sleeping, I have no complaints with them.

Battery Life: 6-8 hours

Distance of the wireless: Can walk into living room from bedroom with a wall and door and still hear

Quality of sound: Amazing for Last of Us. They make custom sound profiles for games and hoping they do same for Destiny.

Mic quality: decent, people say it sounds good but sometimes I need to crank up the mic boost is others have so-so headsets.

Features: Adjust game/party chat mix easily, easy mute to hit, 2 different sound profiles to load, app from Sony on the PS4

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  2. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

I actually ordered one 2 days ago. Due to using a Cronusmax with Destiny I can't use the audio jack on the controller and therefore can't use the mic that came with the console and this seemed like a pretty good solution for its price. Apparently Bungie will have a Destiny profile for it too.

3. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Thanks Ludy. Will take a look at it. I currently don;t have a headset for the Playstation. This just might fit the bill.

4. Knux2

Knux2 Active Member

They are making a custom sound profile for Destiny. See the 3rd paragraph in the white headset announcement.

5. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

picked up the white pair today to match my white console, and have to say, the sound quality is OK, it's nowhere near my Ludacris Soul's but it sounds nice none the less. Just incase anyone has issues with wifi on their PS4 when using it, its a known issue the headset interfere's with the wifi and to change the channel on your router. Also the wireless mode uses a USB slot on the console since they didnt include it built in (its only 2014 Sony, cmon! lol)

https://support.us.playstation.com/...5244/~/playstation-gold-wireless-headset-info

6. Ludy

Ludy Well-Known Member

It comes down to the profile when they upload it. For The Last of Us it made a huge difference. Still no it's not going to be on par with Senhieser or Grado.

I do agree with the USB dongle. It should just have been Bluetooth and done with it.

7. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

the pdf manual shows the volume up + down being for changing voice volume higher on one, and game volume higher on the other, but it doesnt seem to work that way, it just makes them all go up or all go down, I guess i haven't figured out how to use it yet lol.

8. Ludy

Ludy Well-Known Member

If same one I have it has a toggle on front left. It should be labeled party and game. That is the balance fader for the coms. There is a second toggle to raise and lower the overall volume.

9. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Mine arrived today, sounds pretty decent with Bungie's profile for Destiny. It's quite comfy too, circumaural design and very light clamping. Just glad to have a mic again so I can communicate in fireteams, it's been awkward having people talk to me and not being able to respond :p

10. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

mine are tight on my big round head. :oops: One thing that I found out while using the destiny upload, if the game sound is too high over your party members, you can adjust it in the party chat menu. I found myself telling my party members I cant hear them while some insane fight music is roaring. :p

11. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere great to buy these from? I've got the same problem as Chief - cant use the audio jack on the controller anymore.

And I think these are compatible with pc as well (if I'm going to buy a pair, its a plus if I can use them on both systems).

12. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain