[SOF2] OSP 0.3f preview

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Mad, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Mad

Mad Retired Captain

2. ozivillan

ozivillan Well-Known Member

i can't get the last version to install. why doesn't GA have auto downloads enabled ?, the game ops arn't much help either, after numorous trys to get it running, i was told by one of the ops, to get a better comp and start again, it's a good job there are other servers to play on, if gamecreate is running the latest version of osp, then you won't see me in there,

3. Mad

Mad Retired Captain

Dont worry Ozi, you are not alone here. There have been so much problems ever since they introduce ICS, OSP and custom mappack to GA Servers.

I will try to keep up with the changes and update the FAQ. I know I dont have answers to every problem, but post them on the forums anyways, at least someone might have a solution to it already.

4. puppet

puppet Getting Started

Strange that people are having problems with the OSP I have not had any and I fail to see why getting a better computer would fix the problem?

I just extract the new OSP files over the old and have not had any problems with it yet.
    Exactly what happens when you try to get it working Ozi? Maybe somone on TOG can help?

5. EnglishBob

EnglishBob Retired Advisor

Just delete the existing OSP directory, and then place the .zip file in your base directory and inzip it, creating a new OSP directory off the base SOF2 one. Worked for me.

6. ozivillan

i can't be arsed trying to get onto GA servers, to much like hard work, the snapshot error is the thing thats stopping me getting on, and after following all instructions to overcome this, i still get the error, so i'm off to optus, gamingsa, and internood servers for my gaming

7. EnglishBob

EnglishBob Retired Advisor

Anyone know what the punkbuster command is to list the 'audited' parameters, and their allowable value range ?

8. ozivillan

you doing a bit of tweaking there bob :p, mess around with the values then jump onto an empty server, and see if you get kicked :)