[DONE] Signing up

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Big D, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Big D

Big D Getting Started

Right, then.
    1. What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG?
    2. What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played?
    3. Why do you want to join TOG?
    4. Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.
    1. Star Citizen. I was scrolling through the org list and TOG caught my eye.
    2. Probably either Pac-Man or the old Sears home version of Pong. After that? Intellivision, C-64, and finally PC Master Race starting with a 386/25.
    3. Casual, mature gamers of a certain age? Sounds like people I could actually relate to.
    4. I'm massively INTJ/INTP and somewhat on the shy side. Apologies in advance if I seem to disappear at times. I like to dabble in social stuff, but I need breaks to recharge.

2. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hello Big D and welcome.

Excellent application. :D

So, I guess I'd better say...

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. 25 down and nubs)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, stuff, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (Possibly is, never been there)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From fluffy crap to stabby stabby)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff. Boners)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

:D

Rukus308, CAMMO and Shrubbo like this.
  3. Judge_Kiwi

Judge_Kiwi Star Citizen: Vice Captain

Grats!

Please head over to https://www.theoldergamers.com/forums/star-citizen.1091/ and go to the signup area and we'll get you into Discord and Star Citizen. We have been fairly active of late with fairly regular shenanigans on Friday night. If there's enough on and enough interest we also take out the Hammerhead for a bit of a play, if you would like to come play with a big ship with lots of big guns - we are always looking to gunners ... or slightly more competent pilots than myself. Suffice to say, if you would like to try a ship, there's a good chance a member will have one you can borrow.

Also make sure you head to https://www.theoldergamers.com/forums/voice-communication-invites-discord.602/ and get into Discord with us.

Rukus308 and CAMMO like this.
  4. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard Big D :D
    [​IMG]