Serenity down currently.

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by Aveege, Sep 24, 2013.

1. white_bear_84

white_bear_84 Retired Captain

Error message has changed.. ..this could be good.. :p

2. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

The server seems to be up, but I have no access to the control panel, and our world's not there. Sit tight until I hear from the host.

The alternative is rolling back to a previous backup and undoing more than 24 hours of work people have done, so we're just going to replace things for everyone.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  3. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

The server's back up. The host had an SSD crash. The world's intact, but the player profiles were corrupted. We will replace all items lost to the crash.

4. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

I just realized, the current backup is from after the disk crash. We're rolling back 24 hours.

5. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

That backup was corrupted in the disk crash. We are now back 48 hours, but the world appears stable.

6. DeeP

DeeP Retired Captain

all good :D cheers Irimar for sorting this all out your a star !!!

7. DarkDuck

DarkDuck Guardian Captain

thanks for fixing it, I am back to a foundation :(

8. Brootal

Brootal Well-Known Member

Think I'm going to give this multiplayer the flick :( other than all the issues the server seems to have, every time I get on the block lag just makes it a bad experience for me.

9. Rourke

Rourke Elder Scrolls Online Officer

List of stuff carried on me.

Diamond Drill
    [STRIKE]Chainsaw[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Electric Treetapper[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Manyullyn Pickaxe (Auto-repair x3)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Manyullyn Shovel (Silk Touch, Auto-repair, Haste)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Iron Excavator (Auto-repair, Haste)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Iron Hammer (Auto-repair, Haste)[/STRIKE]
    Iron Lumber Axe (Auto-repair, Haste)
    [STRIKE]Filler[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Energy Tesseract[/STRIKE]
    Golden Bag of Holding
    [STRIKE]Ender Pouch[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]6 x Golden Lasso[/STRIKE]
    Power Tool (Lux Capacitor, HV- Cap, Mining Attachment)
    Power Armor ( all with HV-Cap, Diamond Plating, Underwater Breathing plus all movement attachments including Jetpack and Glider NOT step assist)
    [STRIKE]Electric Jetpack[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Longfall Boots[/STRIKE]
    Prototype Omni-Wrench
    Thaumium Sword (with Sharpness IV and Auto-repair)
    Ender Pouch

Plus of course 2 days of structural work :p But everything else I can replace with both Stock and time.
    [STRIKE]
    EDIT: Scratch the ender pouch pretty sure it was made during the reset period. Added Prototype Omni-Wrench.[/STRIKE]

EDIT2: personal stuff gone again, updated list tho as some stuff was in enderpouch and chest, chest still there but pouch now gone.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  10. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

If I may ask, why is the world backed up, but not the player profiles?

11. Rourke

Just logged back on and all my personal items gone again :( Updated previous post with new list.

EDIT: Crashed and again back to square one, so avoiding playing til an admin can look at my profile, only lost a couple stacks quarried stone stairs this time tho, still...

12. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

DA, the player profiles are part of the world files. So, restoring the world to an earlier date rolls back the player profiles as well.

Rourke, I'll try to catch you on soon. I think I see the problem, but I need to look again.

Brootal, pop in sometime and do /ping. Let me know what the result is, please.

13. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

Rourke, I think I may have fixed your problem. Log in and let me know.

14. Rourke

OMW in.

15. Akira Doe

Akira Doe Active Member

I can see 4 players in the server but each time I try to join it gets stuck on "Logging In" then I get this,

[​IMG]

EDIT: It was just me, all working now after a restart :D

There is a big chance it's my end which I'm going to look into now (haven't restarted computer for about a week etc...) but I thought I'd post it anyway in case others are having the same issue.

As for stuff I've lost, I checked last night and for me it's nothing I can't replace. The only thing I was worried about losing I still have in an ender pouch but I lost my remote recharge station setup, the beginning of a powersuit, nearly 3 pages of patterns or the AE crafting and all the machine hooked up to the network to make those things, and I replaced the floor of my place with Blue wood (lol).

All of that was first time setups so now that I actually know what I'm doing, I can redo them better so it sucks but jeeez it's better than an entire reset!

Also, the blue floor thing was a mistake. I found that I couldn't make stairs out of that wood but didn't find out until I'd replaced it all first. I had to dig it up anyway...

Thank again for getting us back online.

I'll check everything on my end and let you know how my connection problems go.

Attached Files:

16. fireh

fireh Getting Started

Akira, I have been getting the same message that you did (4/24 and "timed out" or 3/24 and it hanging on "logging in"). I've restarted several times and nothing is helping. Not sure what you did to eventually get online, but I would love to know! :)

Edit - it seems to be on a countdown. The first time I attempted to log in I got 4/24 on the server and it timed out (same message Akira got). Second time I restarted I got 3/24 and it would hang on logging in. This time I rebooted my whole computer and it says 2/24 and I get an "end of stream" message. I can only assume the server is down? Going to get some XBox Minecraft in so I can actually play something tonight. :p

17. white_bear_84

white_bear_84 Retired Captain

Well some good news.. ..after sneaking in some game time between finalising an assignment, finally managed to almost rebuild the section of my underground lair! Just need to rebuild my water towers and get my electronics set up and all good.. ..still need to clean out my mining shaft complex again but all in good time :)

Thanks to Usukie for lending me a mining laser - certainly made things faster!!

18. Brootal

Brootal Well-Known Member

Ping was 600ms or thereabouts, that's a bit high for my liking, I'm used to 250-300 to the US.

Mined 10-20 blocks, wasn't getting the bad lag I have been getting previously this time. (previous experience I'd mine about 3-4 blocks then I should know if the first block had actually broken by then)

So I suspect i was getting way worse ping than that most of the time (happened on both this host and the prior one)

[Edit] Just pinged the server ip from windows directly and get 250-260ms

19. Akira Doe

Akira Doe Active Member

Sorry, restarting my computer got me back in then I had to step out to a meeting and havne't checked back since, hope you got back online :)

20. fireh

fireh Getting Started

Yep! I eventually got online. I wasn't on all weekend, so didn't lose much. :)

hmm... can't log in again. Is the server down? I am getting the java.net.sockettimeoutexception: read timed out error like I was getting yesterday.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013