Seeds

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Sereth, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Well, for some reason my normal ISp was blocking the email, when I put my yahoo email in I got it right away.

If it is a spread for the cash I would wait. The game is mostly stable but not much to do. For me, 15 bucks for 10 weeks is ok, I'm going to help the devs out. The publisher pushed the product out the door in an unfinished state but the devs are very vocal about the issue and dont hide behind it. They are very active in the forums and about fixing problems. Some great RP and noncombat ideas though.

Even if I just log in a couple of times a day to train skills (that part is like EVE) for awhile till some real content happens I'll do that.

Still looking for a game to play atm, I dled AA and this and neither satisfy my craving. I DON'T wanna fire up WoW again cause I know it just ends with the raid grind.

Oh well I'll just have to stick with my every night FPS dominion. :)

2. Sereth

Sereth Well-Known Member

Anarchy?

3. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

That or DAoC. Problem is I never played them in depth and I think it would be tough finding people to group with at low lvls.

4. Sereth

Sereth Well-Known Member

That's exactly the reason why the wife and I haven't moved back to EQ1, even though it's been on our minds for a while.

Would you all mind posting some screen shots up of seeds?

5. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

I'll do that tonight when i get home.

6. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  7. Sereth

Sereth Well-Known Member

Thanks Karmajay!

So damage hatches are just random around the place, you create tools to fix different types of dmg, and thus help build up your skills?

8. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Damaged hatches are always around. Skills are trained EVE like you choose a skill and it takes an amount of time to train.

Repairing hatches gets you AP (money) which you can buy different tools (nothing there really) buy mats, etc.

9. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

Hey guys, I'm also very interested in Seed (being danish has nothing to do with it :grin:), so please keep the updates going. I have cancelled my 2 Eve accounts (for now) and this one seems to be very interesting.

Thanks again for the writeup and the pictures.

10. gamegrrrl

gamegrrrl Just Joined

I just tried Seed out last week. I met one of the designers at E3. I would describe the graphics as "graphical novel" rather than "comic book," but I really love the aesthetics. I had a hard time with the controls for two reasons. One, my cursors was slightly offset for some reason; after reading the FAQ I found that a window resize solved this, but the controls are really a pain in the (no cuss word here) and I found I kept bumping into walls and getting stuck.

I agree with whoever said in an earlier post it is similar in some sense to The Sims Online...the repair tasks remind me of "greening." I did that for about an hour and thought...wow...this is sort of like having a blue collar job on a space station. I liked exploring the environments, but a lot of it looked the same to me.

Anyway, I'd be up for meeting up in-world with some other TOGers who know their way around and try to get the hang of it. I usually go by Artemesia in most of the games I play, and this is in exception.

11. Janissary

Janissary Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've posted an update, but that's mainly because I haven't been playing much.

The game seems to be going along pretty well in the European time zones. I've heard of ring alliances and conflicts, intrigue and roleplaying. Unfortunately for me, I'm not in a European time zone and the tower is a ghost town in the evenings PST. What few players are around seem to have no interest in roleplaying their characters. Weekends would work, but I've been too busy.

Most of what I know about what is going on is from the Seed boards, so I'd suggest looking over those for more information. If the demographics don't change in the next month, I suppose I'll have to cancel my account through no fault of the game itself; there's just nothing going on when I can play.

12. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

/agreed janissary. Im hardly playing at all anymore :(

13. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

I just couldn't get into this one unsubscribed and deleted from computer.

14. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

From what I understand and from my brief one evening of play (with only 3 crashes :/ ), its a game thats only 25% there as yet. I'll pay it another visit in 3 months time, if its still around.

15. Sereth

Sereth Well-Known Member

I've tried to start back up into AO, but there are still a few things in WOW that I would like to say I've done atleast once.