One: Sea of Thieves

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Ratche, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Ratche

Ratche Active Member

Hello!

As the title suggests, anyone going to be playing?

2. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

(Just Mentioning) I am on PC and I'm a Pioneer tester...so yeah. They need more content in the game, hopefully I'll be testing it. NDA for me, so no telling! -)

TQQdles™

3. Ratche

Ratche Active Member

Haha, very nice man! I'm playing a little of the final beta and am hoping that they add more. We'll see.

Hopefully you test out some good stuff! All I ask, make sure they get it right, haha.

4. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

No worries, I am very vocal on what I do or don't like. They get a lot of feedback from me. I figure that is why I was invited, to give honest feedback and report all bugs. -)

TQQdles™

5. Voodou

Voodou Active Member

I will be playing, been in a few of the Alphas as well as the betas, cant wait for the full release. Gamer tag is Voodou13 if you want to add me

6. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Active Member

gamertag is "I am ten ninjas", keen to form a crew and go adventuring on the high seas!

7. iTakeCandle

iTakeCandle Getting Started

I'm on PC too, keen to get a group going if you guys are interested. :)

8. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Feedback on this game is coming back very negative lately.

Looks like they're having some major issues, and there is a lack of diverse content.

9. Voodou

Voodou Active Member

Matchmaking issues have been reported. It has been stated that at some points they have approx. 5000 people trying to log in per second, if true then the log in/matchmaking issues are understandable ,and may have been prevented if they did a true open stress test beta before launch. the only other issues I've seen/heard of were quest take a few minutes to finally report that they were complete so you get the rewards for it.Players impatience seems to be the big issue with the complaints Ive read.

The Dev's have been updating the players pretty well in my opinion as to whats going on and the fixes they are working on. 1st client side patch is supposed to come out early next week.

I know they have some things planned for the future but as of right now you sail to different islands to either search for treasures, catch animals, or search and kill a specific "npc", as well as some hidden quest that you find while exploring. Diverse not really but still fun, especially when being chased by or fighting another ship.

10. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

Yeah, in the current world of content-content-content, this game lacks a lot. It is/was one of my greatest worries about the game whilst I tested it...and I was vocal on their forums about it. Players consume content at a staggering pace in their "race to end-game content." This game doesn't have end-game content so 50% of the player base are already confused. Then the blatant "you do the work of finding the treasure and we just take it from you!" PvP-centric-constant-ganking scares another 30% of players away. That leaves a 20% playerbase who will stick with the game and love it for what it offers. Unfortunately, 20% can't support the game and it may close soon-ish.

I love the game, I love the concept, I love what it offers. Unfortunately, 80% of the gaming communities don't share in my love for the game.

TQQdles™

Voodou likes this.
  11. guidedbyvoices

Really? When do you think that is?

12. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

(when=why)

50% who want end-game content when there isn't any + 30% who quit/won't-play-the-game due to the built-in fully-expected constant-ganking = 80%.

Even people reviewing the game have started saying that 90% of content & gameplay is currently missing. They are comparing it to when No Man's Sky released and people either didn't buy the game or left enmass. That NMS had more content and possible activities than SoT currently has on release. Bleak and doom reviews so far...not good for the longevity of an online game.

Read the Sea of Thieves forum (https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/ (Home | Sea of Thieves Forum)) to get an idea of how this game is realized by the user base. Many of us can live with the constant possibility of getting ganked....because it is part of the original design. Many of the posters brag how they robbed the other players and made them scream with frustration. And many are leaving the game.

One more cavet: In order to update the game, you have to download THE ENTIRE GAME EACH TIME. So between 9gb and 20gb each time. No incremental updating are planned by Rare/Microsoft for the game.

(https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/40329/release-notes-discussion-launch-1-0 (Release Notes Discussion - Launch 1.0))
    Download size: Xbox One: 9.16GB, Xbox One X: 19.28GB, Windows 10: 19.25GB
    My system game size: https://i.imgur.com/TdEXQpr.jpg

TQQdles™

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  13. guidedbyvoices

I tend to treat reviewers with reasonable level of scepticism. After all, bad news sells more than good news hence the old adage about the 6 o'clock news "if it bleeds, it leads".

I love this game. I get to sail a sloop around some beautiful environments and decide how nefarious or amiable I feel like being based on how the other players I meet interact. It's awesome. It's the pirate game I've been looking for ever since I played the first ever version of Sid Meier's Pirates!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  14. guidedbyvoices

On a more positive note too, could I get a show of hands as to who might be available to crew some voyages on say Saturday night at 19:00 Australian Easter Standard Time (not ADST)? Figured a galleon of TOGgers would be an excellent idea, especially if everyone fills their tankard!

If you're keen, reply to this message with your gamertag (if we're not linked already) and I'll create a party to sail. If we get more than the max for a galleon, we'll need a captain for the second crew.

Be interesting if we all meet on the high seas somewhere!! And by interesting I mean it'll be cutlasses drawn and the smell of gunpowder shortly after!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  15. Voodou

Voodou Active Member

Damn that 02:00 here. I know Ill be sleeping then. These old bones cant do the all nighters anymore. But I may try to get up a few hours after that time.

Just saw this and if I'm doing the time conversion correctly that right about the time you intend to play
    REMINDER: #SeaOfThieves[​IMG] will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on Saturday March 24th, 9am–2pm GMT. During this time our servers will be offline. Please see this article for further information: http://bit.ly/SoTLSUpdate

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  16. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

How much did you get for your sloop sale?

I'll be keeping my eyes open for Skull and Bones. This one is just too much gank fest to even bother. I like to be able to play with others, without the Division ganking mechanic.

17. Voodou

Voodou Active Member

So far it has been my experience that the gank fest everyone is talking about isn't all that bad...or I've just been very lucky. I've been sailing solo oro2 man with Abyzyml13. Only 2 instances that were interesting was when we were dumb enought to leave a treasure chest unprotected and had it stolen and when a galleon chased us but was never able to hit us. I did get the ship stuck at an Outpost where they boarded us and they died for it but their cannon fire never got close to us.

That being said I understand the game isn't for everyone, but I'm having fun and that's all that matters

18. guidedbyvoices

Yep looks like my planned voyages tonight are going to be smack bang in the middle of a maintenance window :(

19. guidedbyvoices

Thanks, fixed it. I'll add you to my special Christmas card list for that. Don't know what you're talking about with the ganking though, that hasn't been my experience.

20. guidedbyvoices

Had a great PUG voyage this morning - four of us on a galleon, three aussies and one kiwi from the sound of it. all working together and managed to punch out some good results. happened across a guy on an island we needed to get to and unloaded on the poor sod's ship, sending it to a watery grave and dispatching the pirate when he tried to board us. Good times :)