Review template addtion

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by theZee, Jan 20, 2010.

1. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

I find myself reading through the reviews and I keep thinking it might be very good if they also contained screenshots of the game and maybe a direct link to the homepage for the game as well.

What say you?

2. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

No to screenies as these are available from the games homepage. A link to the homepage though would be usefull. I've added this as an option under the game name.

3. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

Maybe we can just post a link to a youtube movie that shows some ingame footage if possible. I'll see to adding some to my reviews.

4. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

As great as an idea it would be, I think Rickety might decline that as well Ariya.

I'm guessing the reason behind saying no to screenshots was because of the bandwidth usage on TOG - youtube would be even worse.

Am I right Rick?

5. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

I have no issues with providing links. My thoughts are that there should be enough screenies/movies available on the homepage of the game itself. With that said, these are reviews by our players and screenies/movies taken by our players would be helpfull. My restriction on having embeded pics/movies is that this will effectively turn each into a review where the main point of the template (from what I understand) is a summary of the game you are playing so that others can quickly guage if they are interested or not. I'll not say I'm completely against screenies or movies but these should be sparse.

Makes sence?

6. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

Perfect :)

You're very right too, the link will take the reader directly to the game's homepage where there'll be plenty of screenshots.