Regarding Pre-Order bonuses

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by The Horror, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Mario9

Mario9 Active Member

too little too late ... everyones ordered it now and in 4 months everyone will have forgotten steam like myspace and be thinking of deleting it to free up memory and drive space ...

2. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I don't see that happening..

3. BaRRaS

BaRRaS Well-Known Member

Just caught up with this thread - it would appear from the previous posts that pre-order through EB is the way to go. Is it best to order online or go into the local EB store and pre-order for pick up?

:)

4. Ace Rimsey

Ace Rimsey Company Commander

I just went in yesterday and paid a A$10 deposit at my local Eb games in Westfield Doncaster shoppingtown. With an expected full price of A$78-00 on the expected release date of the 25th October 2011

I recommend a store deposit and pick up because:

1. They will ring you when its in stock if you leave your mobile or home number in their database.

2. They will hold it securely in the back store room until you have time to collect it (unlike
    post where I have had packages which look like someone has used it as a football)

3. You can pick it up immediately from the store when it becomes in stock whereas Australia Post may delay delivery by a few days, despite your urgency to play.

4. You can price match comparable offers at the time of payment of the balance. Though not sure how prepared they will be to price match given the Physical Warfare item is exclusive.

5. If you don't care about the exclusive online weapons nor playing within the first week of launch, I would just order from Ozgamesshop in Australian dollars with free delivery to australia from the UK for almost half the price we are paying in Australia. Though I have had a game sent squashed by australia post though the DVD game disks arrived in tact. Just all the surrounding packaging was crushed flat!!

BaRRaS likes this.
  5. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

6. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned before (I did a quick search and didn't find anything), but EA's Origin is offering a BF3 pre order bonus now.
    If you pre order through Origin you get the Back to Karkand DLC and the Physical Warfare Pack aswell. Link
    Origin are charging $79.99 AU. So if you don't mind having no disk and having to download it a pretty good option imo.

7. Penthrox

Penthrox Elite Dangerous Captain

Is there any mention of a preload option if getting from 'Origin'

8. Buttersoft

Buttersoft Well-Known Member

+1 to preload. I'm thinking Origin myself. Any updates would be appreciated!

And will pre-ordering help you get into the beta earlier/at all?

I just copy the relevant files to a backup drive, don't need a physical disc here :)

9. Penthrox

Penthrox Elite Dangerous Captain

My understanding is that if you bought that god awful MOH game you get access to the 'Closed Beta' though after that there is an 'Open Beta'. I am unsure if the open is just that, being that it is a client download open to everyone (making sense) or an invite only affair.

10. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

Butters, there was talk over at the EA UK forums that if you pre ordered through Origin, that you got early access to the Beta. Link
    I don't know if that is just overseas though. Here's a screen shot.
    [​IMG]

11. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

If you bought 'MOH Limited Edition'. There are a couple of different versions and if you bought from Steam, very high chance you've got the plain Jane MOH that doesn't include early beta access.

12. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Pre-load from Origin, I'd be surprised if it wasn't available - seems to be pretty common on their large releases. If no change of heart on Steam availability, it's where I'll be getting it from.

I've only had experience with Shift2, which at the time wasn't listed on Steam's catalogue. I went ahead and bought it when pre-load was ready from Origin and still no word on Steam. Turns out a couple of hours later, it was made available from Steam.. but I already had it down off Origin's service.

13. C4

C4 Retired Captain

I installed origin to see what its like, which was a bad idea as I couldn't resist purchasing BF3 LE on it ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  14. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

im hearing you C4 - just grabbed it myself

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  15. pktgumby

pktgumby Well-Known Member

16. Jakob_Pavlov

Jakob_Pavlov Retired Captain

Pre-order details confirmed from the source:
    Battlefield Blog

Perhaps someone could edit the original post to add that link?

17. The Horror

The Horror Active Member

Original post updated.

Jakob_Pavlov likes this.
  18. Manic

Manic Active Member

Pre ordered looking forward to it. Now the question is do I need to upgrade my pc for it? Hope not the bank balance is not that healthy at the moment.

19. ShayneOS

ShayneOS Getting Started

What I have read although not official (specualtion) is that if you can run BFBC2 then you should beable to run BF3 - depending on the system maybe not on high settings.

Should beable to get an idea on the performance when the Beta comes out.

20. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member

I have a couple of questions. These may have already been answered somewhere but thought I would ask anyway. I have only ever used Steam or bought games by way of CD.

1. To purchase through Origin do I need to have Origin software on my pc, like Steam? I'm guessing yes but am not entirely sure.

2. When buying on origin I take it that it is a download and not a CD sent to me through mail? If this is correct. What happens if my pc dies and i rebuild. Can I then download again from origin like Steam without repurchase.

Just want to make sure I have the correct answers before handing over the cash.

cheers

Jazz

PS: Can't wait for this game to come out. My entire Online PC gaming career has been based on the Battlefield series. Battlefielder since 2003 :)