PS4 or XBOX

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by Deathbypixel79, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Deathbypixel79

Deathbypixel79 Just Joined

Just wondering which console you guys prefer? o_O

2. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

Leading with the hard question already. ;)

For me it's brand loyalty as we started with a Sony PS2 and just kept upgrading from their. Having friends on that console and trophy achievements just makes me want to stay all the more.

PS4 Pro only has an upscale for 4k. Xbox One X has dedicated 4K. The better machine could be the Xbox One X at this stage but that doesn't mean Sony will not reconsider their situation and release a newer machine sooner. If you remember Xbox originally had CD but no BlueRay initially and took around 12 - 18 months to release a better machine.

3. Deathbypixel79

I agree with you. I’m also hoping the PS4 pro updates its hardware, though I still can’t figure out why they didn’t just do it in the first place. Thanks for replying!

4. flyboy1957

flyboy1957 Getting Started

I have had several of the Sony machines starting with the PS2 and Now have a PS4. I also have had XBOX 360, XBOX ONE and now and XBOX ONE X. I do not have a 4K TV but the graphics on the ONE X are really good on a 60" 1080P LED. I'm looking at a 4k sometime soon.

That being said I think the PS4 and XBOX one are pretty close but I'd give the edge to the PS4 - Although I like the XBOX interface better. The ONE X, though is a much better machine. I'm sure Sony will up their ante as well.

5. Deathbypixel79

Yeah I’ve owned a lot of consoles, and the Xbox has a great user interface for sure.

6. Thymos

Thymos Elder Scrolls Online Officer

I will always recommend PS4. There are more users of PS4 than Xbone, as twice as many PS4s have been sold than Xbones. That means a potential for more players to game with on these console restricted online games. Also the PS4 has a ton more exclusives, and the best selling VR platform.

Ancient_One likes this.
  7. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

Good comments. I'll back that up by saying Destiny had 100 players on PS4 with 54 on XBOX. Even after the game decreased in favour 3 years later the member based stayed at that difference. ie. 46 members remained to play on PS4 but no one was playing on XBOX. Recent release of the next version Destiny 2 and XBOX continues to struggle with member numbers.