Private forum?

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Flintwick, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Flintwick

Flintwick Retired Captain

Hey guys,

Here's a question. I know Destiny is a console game, which isn't typically heavily supported by TOG, but given the setting (In some regards an MMO), and the fact it will be releasing on PC at some point, do we think it is worthy of it's own private forum?

Also, if it is, where should it go? If we are to follow the trend set by Planetside 2, it would go in the FPS section... but given that Destiny is in some ways more MMO than PS2 (The lobby/adventure zone system is more like Guild Wars), should it go into the MMO section?

What are your thoughts guys? I know when it releases there will be plenty of room for discussions about character builds, raid strategies, event planning etc...

2. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

I feel Destiny is more related to the Diablo gameplay style where you get loot out in the different planets (or acts in Diablo) but has public hub (safe camp areas in Diablo) to trade, sell, etc. As of now there is no private member only forums but if there is enough support for Destiny on the consoles then maybe. Wait and see what numbers we get post launch.

3. Ludy

Ludy Well-Known Member

I wanted to bump this to the top. I would love a private forum for the game. We have a clan larger than many games that have one.

I admit it's for myself I want this. I don't post on game sites and normally only in the private TOG areas. I am attempting to limit my digital footprint and feel like I am missing a part of what this game and TOG should offer.

4. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

would make sense to .. might be easier to arrange things for co-op

5. Hoathy

Hoathy Retired Moderator

Generally speaking if their is a motivated player base with someone willing to take the helm then consideration for Division status can be sought.

I would encourage those taking the lead here to be proactive in putting forward a case for Division status. Now that the game is live you'll be able to quote activity within the TOG clan as evidence.

6. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

Got solid number on both platforms so far with PSN having the majority of the Toggers. It just means that all the Xbone Toggers are epic.

Getting private forums be good as it is a bit annoying dancing around what info I want to post on the threads. I will probably put up the GamerTag list so all the Xbone toggers can mark them favorites and get on these strikes, pvp, and later RAIDS!

7. Binary-Ninja

Mixz with a private forum for Destiny you could also create Sub-forums regardless of what console is what .. or how many in each .. the main forum could be for info on game which is relevant to all players then scrims ,strikes , raids etc. can be arranged in the specific sub forum

And yes Xbox players are more elite :)

8. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

Yup just finished getting the roster in order to help build our case but for now. About to leave work for the night to clock in some Destiny.

9. Drae

Drae Well-Known Member

I think its a great idea to make a private forum.

Its not appropriate to try and organize events and signup lists with peoples account names on a public forum. So we have Destiny spread out among various forums and threads in different area.

Its a major release (and a good one at that), and would be worth a private forum IMHO.

10. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

I would argue against separating the consoles for game based conversations. In point of fact I wouldn't separate them at all. I would consider adding tags to the subject line to add emphasis on the content of the post. ie. XBOX, PS etc.

That being said I have started to notice conversational crossovers where people are discussing armor and weapon selections to help other players make enlightened choices. Some of these could be more specific posts like Hunter Weapon Selections Pro's and Con's.

Now is the time to get the forum going before the content and conversations water down.

11. Binary-Ninja

yeah we were joking on elite part .. was saying main forum for all destiny then maybe sub forums for scrims , raids , strikes etc..