Post Scriptum WWII Simulation

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Ulric, May 29, 2018.

1. Ulric

Ulric Assume a Can Opener Advisory Admin

2. norfolkandchance

norfolkandchance Active Member

Definitely in for this - have heard good things and pre-ordered on steam.

3. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

I have bought it, but they are still in testing mode so still a little rough.. will keep you posted. :)

Yak likes this.
  4. Yak

Yak Armored Warfare Captain

First run on the field with this. A bit buggy, but great fun. Good squads will decimate on this.

newfulla likes this.
  5. Cromwell61

Cromwell61 Getting Started

Is no one playing this realistic sim.? You definitely need to be in an organised squad to get the full experience and be able to use the maps and accurately give coordinates over the in game comms.
    You will die a lot if you loan wolf and run towards the shooting, this is not a H & G shooter. I have gone whole games without firing a shot as medic .

If any ones interested then let's get this off the ground.
    I will wait a week to see what interest is hear or I will need to join a Clan somewhere else.

6. newfulla

like many other games, a lot of people buy them... however there are still a lot of bugs.

Can reinstall it but only if there is more interest.

:)

7. Cromwell61

Cromwell61 Getting Started

The only bug i have is the occasional disconnect but that could be my end. In fact i am surprised how well it plays with 80 people on comms as well, and i'm even more surprised that this community (TOG) isn't playing it.

8. newfulla

sometimes when they release a game to early it has a negative impact, they should have released this as a free game until they worked all the bugs out initially.

Happy to jump on again if there is a bit more interest, It wasn't a bad game, very similar to Squad, RO2 etc..

9. Destraex

Destraex Getting Started

They just announced the next chapter and it is a rarely covered theatre. 1940 France.

10. Porky

Porky Well-Known Member

i not been here in a couple years!!..but i figured this might be a good place to pop this in..i still love WWII and the games..i just recently started over playing through all the COD stuff.been at least 5 years since
    i played them.My favorite was Brothers in Arms.Not sure which of them had this gun, but it was my favorite German weapon..FG42..just came across this on the internet and thought some might be interested
    in this from an auction..$300,00.00!! nice weapon..not many left of them.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/62/1465/fg42-wwii-krieghoff-heinrich-machine-gun-sniper

Attached Files:

CAMMO likes this.
  11. R.Flagg

R.Flagg Getting Started

I played Post Scriptum in it's earliest stages (back when you could only play on certain weekends) and it was awesome. I haven't played it since as I couldn't find any regular squad to play with but if any TOG-ers are keen, drop me a note and contact me on Steam and Discord?

12. Destraex

Destraex Getting Started

Plan Juan released on 9th Jan and then also FREE for the weekend.
    Plan Juan is the free expansion for post scriptum that is set during the German invasion of france. I would say a tonne of people will be trying this that are more wargamey types. Why? Because who else cares about the early ww2 campaigns and who wants to play the French apart from wargamey types like us?
    I doubt normal people in "some" countries even know about much before D-Day. This would be an educational experience for them. The French were in fact very heroic for the most part. They are the butt of many jokes but I do not think it was their soldiers but more their doctrine and leadership that were to blame. It certainly was no cake walk for the Germans and iirc they suffered heavy casualties.

13. Destraex

Destraex Getting Started

Yeah that is an interesting weapon.