PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by IIRokII, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

Do it, it's ton of fun, especially in groups. We really need a division and a concerted effort to get people back onto GameVox.

I've had games where I've only fired two of three shots and then gone for a game of BF1 and found it boring as hell even though I'm ripping through dozens of magazines of ammo. Getting down to the final 10 gets the adrenaline flowing like no other game I've played.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. Milktoast

Milktoast Member

I had a few games last night and quite liked it. Even if I did keep getting shot out of the blue. Kept getting caught out of the zone too.
    I'll try and find a few guys tonight for some duo/team games.

3. OzRecon

OzRecon Division Captain of PUBG

Bouncing over your head emptying a mag into you
    I'm trying to get a division up and running so hopefully that will help get players into groups.

4. Macross

Macross Division Captain of DCS:Series

I have been deliberately playing solo on squad servers. Usually get hosed, but have had a few fun encounters that were pretty intense. Some how, being solo can kind of help a little in that you can loot and move pretty quickly where as a squad come sometimes get bogged down trying to get everyone a gun or two and some armour etc. Bit of fun but can come to a grinding halt if a squad finds you out in the open.

5. So_Cynical

So_Cynical New Member

PUBG is a great game, i haven't gamed this much in years, my first post in this forum in close to a decade. :) would be nice to have some regulars to squad up with.

Someone on the PUBG forum the other day said that PUBG is not a shooter - its a survival game with guns.

6. Sloth

Sloth New Member

Same, I've not been on the forum in years. I have a love/hate relationship with this game - can't find a good gun or any equipment when I drop? = Keep to cover and hide and I survive for ages (or at least to the last 20-30, and sometimes in the top 10).

Find a Kar and scope, and L2 armor and helmet? I am Immortal! <Steps outside building and gets shot in the head instantly>

7. Macross

Haha.. that's my experience as well.. The moment I get an AR silencer, I'm like OMG... OMG... OMG.... please don't kill me.... just let me find one person to shoot at... SPLAT!!!! I get pink misted from out of no where.

Found the auto glock (cant recall what they call it), a silencer, extended mag, and red dot... never even got to fire it.. but if I have an uzi and pump shottie i can walk around with impunity :p

8. Wa-81-t

Wa-81-t Active Member

How can I enjoy a game where I spend 10 minutes creeping around building up loot, only to get head shot by some unseen protagonist as soon as I try to move to the next town. This game is so bad ass :) . Awesome suspenseful and feels far more realistic than most shooters I play (BF series mainly)

Will post my steam id later and match up with those who posted above - would love to play in a team as well as the solo games

Milktoast and Sloth like this.
  9. Sloth

Sloth New Member

I've sent a few invites out on steam and got some replies thanks, but as I'm in the UK and most of TOG seems to be AUS, playing times could be difficult to manage, sunday morning/afternoon/evening?. And then there is the latency or lack of it - West US servers are about 200ms, Sydney is about 300ms ping for me :(

Got GameVox/TeamSpeak/Discord/Mumble ... whats most popular for the TOG PUBG players?

10. Tancred

Tancred Member

After a five year hiatus, I am back - and straight into this! I'm up for anything on this - purchased a whole new computer to play it!

Steam: TOG|Tancred2005
    Discord: Tancred#6392

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  11. Tancred

Tancred Member

Is it possible to get this included as a Division? There seems to be enough interest.

12. Macross

There may be bigger fish to fry at the moment with the site wide upgrade and restore etc. But fingers crossed we will get a dank little room with smelly carpet in the lower floors of TOG to call our own. :)

13. OzRecon

We will be having a PUBG division but not until as Macross says other issues are resolved.

14. Tancred

Tancred Member

Roger Roger

15. WNDL

WNDL New Member

Having a blast with this in solos - the benny-hill panic dash for a weapon at the start followed by escalating pressure as the circles get smaller. Awesome! Love to get into some squads.

Steam: WNDL
    Discord: WNDL#0815

16. Mauke Warrior

Mauke Warrior New Member

I would also be happy to join up and play some co-op PUBG rounds with you all. This game is so much fun when working with others.
    Steam: Mauke Warrior
    Discord: Mauke Warrior#4614

17. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Member

Man this game is fun. The tension can really get your HR up! :)

18. Wa-81-t

Wa-81-t Active Member

Had my first chicken dinner last night and for a vegetarian it tasted damned good

Added all (I think) of you on here so will look out for peeps for some duo/squad action

19. So_Cynical

So_Cynical New Member

Steam: Darmystic
    Discord: Darmystic#4562

I have added those above to Steam and Discord, do we have a Discord server????

20. OzRecon

We do mate. It's part of the TOG Discord. A bit quiet at the moo but will pick up once we migrate to new forums etc