Planetside 2 *2012*

Discussion in 'Planetside 2 (Public)' started by Reoh, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Hell Scream

Hell Scream Active Member

ok what is SOE?

Ned likes this.
  2. Warrender

Warrender Well-Known Member

Sony Online Entertainment

3. Hell Scream

Hell Scream Active Member

looks like its handling like a console fps

4. FRIENDLYUNIT

FRIENDLYUNIT Well-Known Member

Yeah, a bit. :|

5. Methane Cuddles

Methane Cuddles Getting Started

Watched a live feed on twitch.tv yesterday and it did nothing but get me even more excited about this game.

6. Flintwick

Flintwick Retired Captain

How so?

7. Sir Fitz

Sir Fitz Retired Administrator

Man, looks awesome.

too bad I'm in school now. I don't DARE play.

:(

8. ColRipper

ColRipper Retired Advisor

Its gonna be awesome. Any of you guys who are really interested should head over to planetside universe. The devs post on their on an almost daily basis, and we are getting almost constant stuff now (the new VS medics are pretty sweet looking....)

Fitz, you better be back man, I will come down and find you and make you come back :D

9. mass

mass Getting Started

Bouttime this returned, Its where my TOG days began, TOGBoulderic, TOGDerf, and a few others were the main TOG members of Planetside 1. Look forward to its release

10. FRIENDLYUNIT

FRIENDLYUNIT Well-Known Member

11. ethan666

ethan666 Active Member

Looks awesome. No release date tho. :?

12. Doc Glock

Doc Glock Chronicles of Eylria Officer

Did not play the first Planetside but this looks very interesting so count me in for launch. Signed up on the site and facebook.

13. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

GO GECKO'S!!! Ohhh the fond memories of Planetside with TOG. Truly some of the best times I can remember with TOG. Running Basie over with my Vanguard. The countless laughs in Venty. Actually getting to play a game with Father!!! Yes it's true. :)

I'm so all over this and can't wait for release. I'm really stoked as I have a good friend in RL that works for a..well lets just say a "big" game reviewing site. They have just been issued a bunch of first access beta keys. I'm expecting one soon. :)

If you don't know or haven't seen Beta sign ups are in effect right now. So get signed up!

So are we going to stay traditional to TOG roots and go NC? If memory serves we were all New conglomerate back in the day.

Really looking forward to seeing some old friends back in the world of Planetside. I also hope they do a good job with the net code this time around as I remember in the old days our Aussie mates had very high pings...still playable....but high. I also don't want to see us get split all over a bunch of different servers.

Stoked! Cheers,

14. Flintwick

Flintwick Retired Captain

Im on PS1 right now, flying TOG colours, on a push into cissor... just like old times! :)

15. mass

mass Getting Started

Cant wait to get back into planetside, #1 was very good, being a former TOG officer in it, i remember the good old days of massive battles that went for hours sometimes trying to take base's,

Having 10+ battle mechs, 20+ tanks, countless snipers, and so many dam infiltrators sneaking around picking you off while trying to take a base, those were to good old days having to do cave missiosn to be able to make your own battle mechs, fun times

16. Atrayo

Atrayo Retired Captain -= BRONZE =-

Hi Guys,

Over at Venture Beat they posted an article with SOE's John Smedley regarding Planetside 2. Link Dated June 18th (It's a 2 page article)

Stating that in PS2 will have 2,000 players per in-game continental realm.

Mr. Smedley also stated in this article that the beta period is just weeks away from commencing.

The rest of the article discusses the SOE philosophy of F2P (Free to play) and how successful they've been with this business model so far. Besides the future use of Tablets and smart phone users being able to login to "Planetside 2" alongside PC users.

It's a good read. :)

17. The Horror

The Horror Active Member

I signed up for the Beta. Let us know if any beta keys start being thrown around as well. I cant get enough of massive combat experiences.

18. Warrender

Warrender Well-Known Member

19. The Horror

The Horror Active Member

Here are some instructions for anyone who wants to obtain a beta key:

- Go to twitter.com/planetside2
    - Follow the planetside 2 twitter feed.
    - Beta keys are being given away for free on that twitter feed all through the day. The problem is that the keys are given away to the public at large. To get a key you have to get the Twitter update within seconds of a post.
    - To get the Twitter update as fast as possible download Tweetdeck (available as a Chrome app). Sign into it with your Twitter account. Now you will get Twitter updates the second they happen.
    - Now go to the Planetside 2 website and create an account. Also sign up for the Beta there while you are at it.
    - Now you are ready to proceed and get your key.

You need to stay signed into the Planetside 2 website. The login expires within a few minutes of inactivity, so you have to regularly refresh the page to keep it active. You also need another window open with the Tweetdeck feeds. The moment a new key is posted you enter it into the Beta key section of the website and activate it. Congratulations, you are in the beta. New keys are posted every 15-20 minutes depending on which rep is posting.

20. Ransep

Ransep Getting Started

Hell yeah! I played Planetside 1 for ages but not as a TOG. Very much looking forwards to this. I read somewhere that all PS1 players will get a beta key as well, not sure where but I remember seeing that at some point.