Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Kaladan, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Kilsin

Kilsin Getting Started

We sound very similar mate, I don't tell people what they want to hear or sugar coat anything, I try to be fair, honest and give as much information as I can without causing any issues for the company that I enjoy working for.

I appreciate honesty, critical thinking, and constructive criticism and I expect that anyone able to dish it out will be able to take it back without throwing a tantrum or getting "offended" (which sadly isn't the case more times than not) ;)

I came from the community to manage the community (and I have an extensive background in executive-level management) so I have a much better understanding of everyones expectations, more than a normal PR person would anyway!

If I know the information or can find it out without giving away company or game secrets/reveals, I will share it with you all :)

2. Umbra

Umbra Getting Started

Found this while trawling the forums. Very excited! EQ was one of my first MMOs along with UO after playing MUDs for a few years, and I still have fond memories of playing my Rogue and flitting in and out of the shadows :)

Very interested in the 'old school' play/mechanics whereby grouping is pretty much a must and levels actually take time and effort. Hopefully death effects actually mean something in game also!

Will keep a keen eye on the progression of this one.

Kaladan likes this.
  3. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Latest question from Kilsin on FB

Streaming - How many of you like streaming games that you play or watching streamers play a game that you like while you are unable to play it?
    :) ~Kils

Feel free to comment on Facebook or here if you wish.

My Response
    I like to watch streams of games I am interested in. To get a better idea of what it involves, what it offers and to ultimately find out if I want it or not. I've only done a little bit of streaming and that is only through Steam when some friends want to check out what I'm up to. They can be very helpful.

Race Highlight

Archai - Bred as the ultimate of slaves, the diverse and vigorous Archai manifest their freedom in celebration and battle. Click here to go to the OP for more info

I never played EQ, didn't get into the mmo scene until EQ2. I too am interested in it due to what should be a higher level of difficult/challenge. I will continue to update this thread as more information is given :)

If you haven't seen it already go here and watch the twitch stream from 11 March, click me!

4. Umbra

Umbra Getting Started

Thanks, Kaladan. Will definitely want the twitch stream. Already watched the youtube video of Wild's End, and might seriously consider playing a Halfling character (my first ever Basic D&D character!) just because of the look of the area.

5. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Hello everyone!

The latest update is here which presents some further details about the Rogue, some nice 4k res images and also the possibility to win some swag! Details yet to be given about that, certainly has me interested!!

Check out the details in the OP and don't forget to leave a comment here. Let me know if you like this and share it round. Cheers!

6. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

The main Pantheon website has quite a bit of information to look through. It certainly helps to give us a greater idea of the direction of Pantheon. If you'd like to see the known world as it stands now read on.

Atlas of Terminus

"The Age of Chaos has ended, the horrors of the Deicide Wars now fading memories in the minds of those who live on. The megalithic Sanctums still stand, dormant reminders of the great war. A tenuous peace now exists in this Frail Age as the races of Terminus seek to rebuild what was lost. The vast scale of the conflict left much of the world forever changed; once well-known lands now marred and unrecognizable or lost altogether. But this is the fruit of a handful of brave explorers, who embraced the call to chart the face of Terminus once again."

This is the current, known world of Terminus, as expeditions from Kingsreach and Reignfall have only just begun. However, reports are already coming in from the great regions of the East and the frozen reaches of the South.

[​IMG]

Click me if you want to check out more!

7. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Latest Question on FB:

Mounts - What is your all-time favourite mount in any game that you have played to date and why?
    :) ~Kils

Click me to go to their FB page and comment. As always comments in this thread regarding this question are welcome. I replied with the following:

In warhammer the age of reckoning, the magus mount, the disc he stood on was awesome. However the horse is still prob my fav. What I'd like to see is different sized horses. A knight on a Clydesdale in plate barding, yes please!

Oh.. I should say why about the disc. The look of it, the way it hovers as if the ground wasn't good enough for the magus to walk on

Competition!​

I would love to win something from this competition, so posting it here and giving it more exposure probably goes against me in regards to my odds for winning anything... but I'll do that to continue to promote what I think will be a great addition to the mmo scene.

In case you haven't checked out their FB page recently, Visionary Realms has started a competition. The guts of it is you like the post they have added to FB, then comment on what you're looking forward to the most.

Winners will be announced on 10 May. To find out more about the competition and what is up for grabs go here!

Good luck!!

8. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Greetings Toggers!

A new article with Brad discussing Pantheon from Massively is available and I have updated the OP with details regarding the Dwarves.

Click here to go to the OP

*salute*

9. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Latest Question on FB

Armour - Do you try to colour coordinate your armour or do you mix and match for the best stats?

Click me if you want to comment on their FB page!

10. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Hello everyone!

VR have released their latest State of the Game Update. It includes details of:
    -People who have recently joined VR
    -VR's current focus
    -New Screenshots
    -Competition winners

I've also update the Race Highlight section with the Dark Myr.

I have updated to OP, click me!

11. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

Thanks again for the updates Kaladan. Good news they are adding to the team!

Kaladan likes this.
  12. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Have you backed Pantheon? If so the latest update on their FB might be of interest. Assuming that TOG will (if there's enough interest) form a guild in Pantheon, this would be the place to advertise if needed.

Click me!

13. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

14. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

15. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

Interesting concept with the different mana colors. I have already planned to start off with a Ranger then to Bard eventually, so not sure if these different mana flavors will be of any use to melee etc.

16. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

There has been a bit of a Q&A regarding the mana climate system. Since the previous article 10 questions have been answered.

Interviews: Visionary Realms Tackles Your Questions About the Mana Climate

Last week, the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team took to the MMORPG.com pages to reveal the game’s mana climate in an exclusive developer diary. Along the way, more than a few questions came up from the community. After looking over the questions, the Pantheon devs chose ten to answer today to provide more clarity and information about mana climate.

MMORPG: So it kind of sounded like every class will have some type of "mana affinity" or is it purely "magic classes"?

Chris Perkins: It is not the classes that have the mana affinity, but the spells/abilities themselves. A Wizard's fireball spell might have a red mana affinity, while a Cleric's healing spell may have a white mana affinity. These are not official examples, btw!

Click me for the article

17. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

Thanks Kaladan, that makes a little more sense. Looking forward to hearing more details as it gets further developed.

18. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

As am I! :) This one certainly has my attention! Currently playing Lord of the Rings Online, enjoying it. But primarily everything is solo, only do some group related content. Want to get more into group content.

With saying that though I hope Pantheon will (I know it will to some extent) still have a robust amount of content you can do solo.

Latest News & New Race Highlight

Extreme climate and atmosphere systems
    This looks interesting and I do like the idea of having to be prepared to enter certain locations to survive.

Ogres!
    Have you ever wanted to be the big guy in the room. The one that makes the floor groan under your impressive stature? Then perhaps the Ogre is for you...

Have updated to OP with more details! Click me!

19. Jza

Jza Getting Started

I backed pantheon awhile ago, hoping TOG will have a guild on one of the servers really looking forward to this game

20. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

I haven't back it yet. Don't have the money to throw at it yet. I'm obviously enjoying the look of this mmo and am following the development. I too hope that TOG will have a division for this one.

I'll keep this thread updated as much as I can :)