Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Kaladan, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

As a long time player of Everquest and Vanguard, the Bard class in both of these titles has always been my all time favorite in any MMO I have played. I read the chat during the stream about a Bard class possibly making it in after launch, is this true?

There already is an impressive list of classes but would love a Bard main once again. :)

2. Kaladan

Kaladan Well-Known Member

Not a prob Ranja! This is the first mmo in a while that has me excited! Happy to keep an eye on it and update details here :)

I never played Everquest, played Vanguard and enjoyed that game. Also a fan of Keith Parkinson who was involved with the art side of Vanguard.

As for the Bard, I think it was said in the stream that Bard and Necro were going to be introduced after launch. I'll be looking at a class that uses heavy armour! Cant wait to hear more later in the year.

3. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

Your right Kaladan, it was mentioned in the stream, good to know. :)

4. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin Getting Started

I hope they'll recover from failed Kickstarter and ...well... from Brad :)

On a positive note, the game has lots of interesting old school features and is even more interesting now, that Everquest : Next is officially cancelled.

5. Kaladan

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  6. Trimethicon

Trimethicon Well-Known Member

My first MMO was EQ1 back in 1999. I didn't really like Vanguard, or EQ2, I know Brad wasn't involved in the latter. But I'm an MMO addict, so I like to stay up-to-date with what is out there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one turns out well!

7. Xarry

Xarry Active Member

I pledged as I have been following this for a long time, and I am hopeful that this will bring back memories of EQ and the playstyle of EQ.

8. Kaladan

Latest question on Facebook and on the Pantheon forums:

Unlisted Classes - If you could choose to be any class that isn't already listed in our class section, what would it be and why?

Feel free to comment here about it or click the following links to comment in these locations:
    Facebook
    Pantheon Forum - Please note you have to be a subscriber/backer to comment in the forums.

My response was:
    Paladin. Heavy armour, shield and weapon, holy auras, turning undead, resistance to fear, front line warrior, that's why. I've always liked the Paladin in both mmos and table top D&D. Classes that use heavy armour is normally my go to. The Crusader perhaps is this class?

Kilson replied with:
    Yes, this is basically the Crusader but we will release more info on it as development progresses so you can be the judge Tim :) ~Kils

9. Kaladan

New Catch Phrase - Similar to "You're in our world now!" What would you like to see for a Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen catch phrase?
    :) ~Kils

Feel free to comment here about it or click the following links to comment in these locations:
    Facebook
    Pantheon Forum - Please note you have to be a subscriber/backer to comment in the forums.

10. Kaladan

Progeny System - If given the chance to let your max level character die and restart as your level 1 son or daughter, would you do it?

Facebook
    Pantheon Forum - Please note you have to be a subscriber/backer to comment in the forums.[/QUOTE]

My rambling thoughts..
    I think a choice to be able to 'retire' your max level character and to continue with a son or daughter would be quite cool. I think some type of legacy should carry over to the new toon, so some benefit they would receive from this kind of choice. Nothing too major, but some type of thing that identifies the new toon for the what it is. Nice idea

Actually now that I think about it, this reminds me of the possible death penalty system in Star Citizen. The idea is if your character dies/damaged too much you will get permadeath, your legacy would then transfer to a new character, your heir. Another thought is that your max level character perhaps doesn't have to die for this to happen, the character can just be retired to a specific social area that he/she is locked to. Can't go exploring, adventuring, etc. Could even become a ghost at your guildhall or personal house if death is involved. Go to Panthens own form of Valhala. Ideas... ideas.. more ideas!

11. JamesGoblin

Just by the way, what are their fundings - how much and from where? Also, do they plan another Kickstarter anytime soon?

Sorry about being "technical", but the first thing I am always interested in are those annoying practical questions.

12. Kaladan

Here's a link to their FAQ around their funding.

It doesn't answer everything you've asked but it's a start. I'll ask Kilsin to come and comment here.

In my opinion asking these kinds of questions is a good thing, since it is us who are looking at these games with the possibility of spending money with these companies. It's in their best interest to answer where they can.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  13. JamesGoblin

Thanks, thou I hope they will give us some concrete numbers and plans (especially numbers) soon enough!?

14. Kaladan

Kilsin has been great with answering with what he can. Dropping some little tidbits here and there. If you haven't already, check their FB page out and drop a question in there with one of their updates.

15. JamesGoblin

They certainly won't reveal something important they haven't already just because someone asked them on FB. I would get another sweety dodgy PRy nice reply :) so I'll wait.

16. Kilsin

Kilsin Getting Started

I don't do "sweety dodgy PRy" stuff mate, I tell it like it is and will tell you if I can't give that info ;)

We have an angel investor and rely on pledge and subscription sales to fund us at the moment while we seek an investor but I cannot speak to specific numbers at this point, we have considered another crowd funding attempt like Kickstarter but it is at the bottom of our list currently, for the time being we are focused on getting the game into Pre-Alpha after a successful Twitch Stream and GDC showing, we are a small team and need to put our heads down to get the work done but once we are at that stage, we will release more information on many things as development progresses.

17. Kaladan

Latest Question:

Melee or Magic - What is your preferred choice, up close and personal or dropping bombs from a distance?
    :) ~Kils

Feel free to comment here or on the Facebook page.

My reply
    Melee! What else can I say... other than put the following on!

Unsure why the youtube link isn't working. url = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8lLruVR2zQ

18. JamesGoblin

Ok, I agree, it wasn't that sweety =)

Maybe I could use some other expression, but the point remains. And I am fully aware that you might want to wait for the appropriate moment with such revelations. Hell, I would likely do something as that in your place. Can you, at least, give some rough estimate of how much you will need to launch it - with sponsors, KS, whatever all summed up?

19. Kilsin

Kilsin Getting Started

It is impossible to put a number on it mate, if we had our way, the sky would be the limit, so we are creating a game based on what we have while we hope to get more funding, when that happens, we will then be able to talk numbers and know what we have to play with, how many features and extras we can implement, how much time we have to do it all, how big we can expand the team by and so on...but at this stage, it is all hard work while the big bosses seek investors and negotiate.

We have nothing to hide man, once we have solid numbers and know what we are dealing with, we will release that information publicly without any hesitation but for now, we have to concentrate on getting the game to pre-alpha.

20. JamesGoblin

Maybe I should explain couple things about myself. Say, I asked Mark Jacobs fair share of unpleasant questions (while being a huge fan of his work), same as folks from ACE (Crowfall devs, also a big fan and supporter) or Chronicles of Elyria, R.I.P. Revival, R.I.P. Pathfinder Online etc.

I am curious and have no problems with asking, that's just how I roll. Nothing more than that.