[DONE] out of gamer friends :(

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by mourninggame, Jul 15, 2022.

1. mourninggame

mourninggame Getting Started

Hello everyone,

I grew up playing several weird DOS games on an old 386 and a lot of Commander Keen. I fell in love with adventure games like Monkey Island and Indiana Jones. Later Super Mario. After a very long PC hiatus I felt I had to get back into gaming. I enjoy puzzle games, story driven ones like Life is Strange or CATAN but also absorbed Stardew Valley. I have several games in my library now which I like to play but would prefer to explore with friends. Problem is I have never found any gamer friends.

I’ve started Graveyard Keeper, Starbound, The Survivalists, Forager and - believe it or not - for the first time Minecraft… Other games that interest me but I have yet to play are The Raft, ECO, Terraria, Valheim, Rust or anything survival based (but I still suck at battling and get too scared alone) and some Co-Op games. At the moment I am on the new island in Stacklands. <3
    Besides gaming I am into drawing, all things nature, watching true crime documentaries and classic movies. Favourite shows are Friends, IT Crowd, Freaks&Geeks, The Office, Parks & Rec., any Scandi noir...

I would love to finally find some gamer friends. I have missed them all my life. Will this group help me? I don’t even know how to start…

Atrayo, CAMMO and Monty like this.
  2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain of a Sparkly Dot, Longboat, and a goat! Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

Good morning mate. I really do hope you find what you are looking for here. Feel free to look around and I suggest you check out the Discord link as that is where most stuff goes on these days.

Public Forums (Philistines only. 25 down and nubs)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, stuff, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (Possibly is, never been there)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From fluffy crap to stabby stabby)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff. Boners)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

CAMMO, mourninggame and Monty like this.
  3. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hello and welcome to TOG.

Looks like you've played some classic games and as for the IT Crowd, well that was an excellent show.

I'm sure you'll find new games and friends to play. :D

CAMMO, mourninggame and Shrubbo like this.
  4. mourninggame

Thanks for adding me here. Will try to join the discord and steam group too :)

CAMMO, Shrubbo and Monty like this.
  5. mourninggame

Thank you... still like to play some of them with ScummVM from time to time. Thanks for the welcome, I hope so too, have lots of catching up to do. And yes, that show was brilliant.

CAMMO, Shrubbo and Monty like this.