Osiris: New Dawn... ARK IN SPPPPAAAACCCEEEEE!

Discussion in 'Survivalist Games (Public)' started by Lurch, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

OMG, releases on the 28th and I never heard of it until now. Described as Ark in space, looks really good. I'm going to check it out. :D

[video=youtube_share;I1k4nwZ_Iyw]https://youtu.be/I1k4nwZ_Iyw[/video]

Have to say, the opening to this video is AWSOME!!!

Dune worms, nom-nom-nom! :p

2. bobcee

bobcee Active Member

Looks pretty good, haven't heard anything about it before, will have a look in 24hrs I guess.

3. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

Indeed. When I saw this screen shot, I was sold!

ond.jpg

Don't get those in Ark!

4. OzzieWorm

OzzieWorm Well-Known Member

It's built on Unity 5... those graphics look amazing!!!
    In my experience with open-world games... Unity is MUCH more forgiving than UE4 is for survival aspects. IE: Empyrion / 7DTD etc.

5. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

Indeed. Especially when I was watching the video and the presenter said he had everyting maxed out and it ran smooth as silk, while looking compariable to AAA games. I am surprised that they used Unity 5, since Unity is mostly assoicated with crappy mobile games. However in this case, DAMN those graphics look good. :)

6. OzzieWorm

OzzieWorm Well-Known Member

Yeah Unity 5 is an amazing step forwarding in graphics power.

7. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

Indeed. Here's the proof in the off-world pudding:

[video=youtube_share;jVUowZZ2Rx8]https://youtu.be/jVUowZZ2Rx8[/video]

To think this was done by just two guys!! Damn if they can produce this level of quality, imagine what they can do with more money and resources behind them.

I do acknowledge their asking price is a tad high, apparently at $25. However sincerely hope they don't go the way of WildCard Studios and get greedy. :rolleyes:

8. rawprawn

rawprawn Active Member

This looks good. If anybody is setting up a group let me know.

9. bobcee

bobcee Active Member

I'm sure we will get a group up but having read what's on offer at release is about 40hrs of game play and this is from the dev team.
    I would suggest waiting till they start getting more game play happening then we can look at a group.

10. Stormfront

Stormfront Getting Started

I purchased this today and had a couple of hours playing around in it and I have to say when visibility is low its LOWWWWWWWWWW lol ...... other wise being eaten buy Giant sand worms and baby giant crabs and assorted other denizens of the starting point as well as running out of oxygen , getting totally lost , not being able to find my body each time apart from once .... all of this totally add to the enjoyment of the game as it makes you choose what to carry what to throw away and learn landmark navigation till you place your first tent lol.... but over all I actually like Osirius: New Dawn due to the fact its a hard game if you want to get ahead and I haven't even scratched the surface of the game yet its a bit gather intensive but basic equipment doesn't require a lot of materials just a varied amounts of different ores / materials / gases etc .... the bigger structures you build are quite good as what up strat to build is the frame work for the structure that you then need to build walls and roofs on and airlock for entry etc ... so not a game for people who want a casual gaming experience as the game is more hard core in its current state with no map navigation etc though you can build markers of different types to place about for points of interest you may want to revisit ..... so if you like a hard game where you cant complete it in under 40 hours its for you in its current state

PS its more Grav and Fragemented game wise than any other game type so people who enjoyed those games will enjoy this

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  11. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

Got this last night and had an amazing first 10 minutes. That ended when a sandworm launched itself out of the ground at me and I stood their like a slack-jawed idiot while it arced towards me. I turned and ran (directly away <-- moron) and got taken out. Fantastic stuff.

12. bobcee

bobcee Active Member

I was on our gaming server providers site today and noticed they have this game as "coming soon" so could very well have a tog server up and running, will advise.

13. Koreeth

Koreeth Active Member

That will be cool, playing with other toggers!