Origin and Open Beta Access

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by C4, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Leevers

Leevers Guest

I can't seem to find this either.

I also can't seem to find an exact date for release of BF3 on Origin in Australia as well as a specific and confirmed date for beta access.

Can anyone confirm this. I have heard 25th, 26th, and 27th. However, some are saying Australia get it on the 25th while EU get it on the 27th which would be a first...

2. C4

C4 Retired Captain

Release date on Origin's AU store is 27/10/2011.

Devs stated beta date has not been announced yet and will be through official channels when they are ready.

3. =ProtoType=

=ProtoType= Well-Known Member

I've heard Beta release date as 12th Sept..............not sure how credible that is.......

If you want the game release earlier you can buy from the US - check the cybergamer BF3 forum for how.

4. r8response

r8response Well-Known Member

The free ME2 was for the first 2000 people to pre-order BF3 through a special link. They've all gone now obviously.

5. Manic

Manic Active Member

6. rawprawn

rawprawn Active Member

Anybody actualy done this yet? I have the Steam key but I'm unsure where to put it in Origin.

7. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

Go to Origin then there will be a Gear icon (it has a dropdown arrow withit at the top right of the screen). THen navigate to "redeem product code" enter the key and you are away.

I did it but it hasnt shown up as an 'Limited Edition" version. Not sure what that means but Im hoping that somehow they know I bought the LE version.

8. rawprawn

rawprawn Active Member

Thanks Red that worked. Mine gave me a choice to choose between different countries LE versions i.e. Mine seemed to know mine was LE.

9. Buttersoft

Buttersoft Well-Known Member

has anything happened yet? How do those of us who pre-ordered through Origin get access to the beta? Will they send out an email, or will it simply appear somewhere?

10. =ProtoType=

=ProtoType= Well-Known Member

We are all waiting in anticipation like you Butters my freind:)

11. C4

C4 Retired Captain

its funny the amount of people loading origin up each day to see if it appears is growing :) can't wait to try it.

12. Wigman

Wigman Active Member

Same here, but it wouldn't recognise my BC2 code, the original BF2142, nor BF2, but managed to recognise the Northern Strike DLC. Go figure. :w

No BF3 beta info appearing as yet.... sitting here, impatiently staring at Origin is giving me a headache. ;)

13. Rage032

Rage032 Heroes of the Storm Captain

I connected my MOH steam key to Origin as well. Couldn't get my mass effect 2 steam key to work though. Also tried my bf2 and 2142 but they don't have digital records of the keys before 2008 or something like that. So can't put older games on there. Got dragon age 1 as a disk though so hopefully that will work... When I find it.

And yes C4.... I also check origin like every day now. Beta now!!! Lol

14. Leevers

Leevers Guest

Ok I'm officially starting to get a little edgy now...... I need the beta to hurry up and release or I'm going to go insane

15. Avoozl

Avoozl Well-Known Member

Like I said.. Monday was a holiday.. doubt you'll see or hear ANYTHING until at LEAST tomorrow.

16. Blackened1

Blackened1 Getting Started

I've linked my BC2 to Origin. But it just tells me it's ready to download. I don't want to download it AGAIN, I want it to see my current installation.

17. ShayneOS

ShayneOS Getting Started

Adding my physical (DVD) BC2 to origin worked for me, it even found my current installation on another partition. Been playing a bit with origin in-game - thank god it has a built in web browser - no need to alt-tab (usefull when Battlelog comes online).

For anyone who has trouble adding their Physical copy of BC2 to Origin, if it comes up with an error and shows a link - click the link and follow it to add the copy.

With 2142 and BF2 - you will have to go through the customer support thing that EA has as Origin won't add games that were purchased/released before 2009 - don't listen to them if they say they can't add them - ask to speak to someone higher - but when they do they invalidate the current keys and issue you new ones. Found this out from reading the UK battlefield forums.

Shrubbo likes this.
  18. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

Thanx for the tip mate, BC2 added.