Non-Flame console war opinions

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by Shazoo, Aug 26, 2014.

1. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

Same way I see it Purg.

PS4 feels more like a 'gamers' console a dunno maybe the 'for the gamers' slogan got me where as xbox just felt like I had to move my coffee table and dance to every game or headbutt my wife to change channels.

I think consoles are trying to become more and offer this and that with no controller play and potential VR coming but at the end of the day, just give me a controller and load Destiny and I am happy.

I don't care for voice and gesture options.

2. CaktuzJack

CaktuzJack Just Joined

I know this is thread necromancy, but I have both the XB1 and PS4, as well as a powerful gaming PC.

This means...

A) There are no exclusive games in my household

B) I can play things when they are relevant t e.g. Destiny, right now and not have to wait a year (or more) for it to come to PC... If ever in some cases.

C) Even if the PC has the superior hardware, half the games are shoddy, poorly optimized console ports, so why not just play them on the hardware they were developed for originally?

D) I like both consoles for what they offer and take into account the advantages & disadvantages of both.

I give the slight edge to the PS4 for ease of use, snappy UI and being able to run most games at native 1080p. However, I've been an MS fan since the original Xbox (also owned PS3) and even now, nothing rivals Xbox Live for paid online service.

I realize most people can't afford both consoles, so then it becomes a question of what exclusives they may want and/or what kind of quality experience they want (native 1080p @60 FPS) when all is said and done. For example, CoD: Ghosts runs at 1080p on the PS4, but it has a lot of stutter and slowdown in certain scenarios whereas the XB1 runs it at 720p, but with zero hiccups or slowdowns, ever. I prefer the smoother gaming experience over eye-candy. If I want eye-candy, that's what a PC is for ;)

3. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

Thanks for the info Caktuz. As a gadget lover I've been eyeing the Kinect-less Xbox One for a while now... and after the disappointment of Destiny on PS4 I might need some Halo 5 to wash the bad taste out. :)

4. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

I hope you like it, I use my kinect for voice commands everytime i use the XBO, and I don't think it'd be the same experience without it.

5. Swollen_71

Swollen_71 Just Joined

TBH i'm an Xbox Guy. I started on the sega Genesis, graduated to the playstation and PS2. The first time I picked up the 360 controller it felt comfortable. The xbox one controller feels like a home run.

6. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

overall I like the XBO controller just slightly better then the PS4 (I have both), the bumpers on the XBO controller are hard for me to hit, but easier then the tiny height-less option / share buttons on the PS4 which I can never seem to find to pause my game, bigger disadvantage for me.

7. AdmiralTriggerH

AdmiralTriggerH Retired Captain

Yeah, for me it's PS4 because of my investment in the Sony ecosystem (PSN PLUS already from PS3) and the exclusives I prefer. I've never been a HALO fan and I love the naughty dog games, uncharted and last of us.
    If MS brings out a decent Xbox One exclusive I might pick one up, but so far haven't been impressed with any of them, but if you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears

8. Zudalian

Zudalian Retired Captain

Personally I prefer the XBOX simply because of the size of my mitts. I have larger hands and the PS3 controller feels small in it where as the XBOX controller feels more comfortable.

But at the end of the day, I am still mainly a PC gamer that plays XBOX :p

9. joeshmoe554

joeshmoe554 Well-Known Member

I prefer the xbox since it has an infrared port. I find myself using my xbox to watch netflix or dvds/blurays almost more often then I play games on it, and having the ability to control it with my universal remote is an extremely nice feature.

I had the IR adapter for the PS3, but it stopped working a while back and it is nicer to not need it.

10. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

The PS4 controller is much bigger and fits the hands a lot better than the previous playstation controllers.